Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:02 pm

hi unheardof! i've seen ur pic. looks veri nice & much sharper den before. dr kao's skill is truely amazing. u r so lucky, ur nose doesn't looks swollen nor buised at 14days post op, it looks great! hope the same goes for me.. haiz.. tat's one of my fear.. im afraid of going bck to work after my surgery & scare of colleagues eyes & mouth.. though saying is easy, dun care abt wat ppl say but bcoz im doing both eyes & nose.. most prob my change will be a drastic one.. *HuGz unheardof* glad tat ya feeling much beta after telling ur colleagues.. i guess i'll do the same if i were u.. perhaps ppl might be more positive after knowing the truth. r u taking any vit, sinnech or other things tat improve healing & makes swelling go down faster? it's difficult for me to find a pic to show dr kao.. my facial shape is sharp & long.. hmm.. wat kinda nose suits me.. i gotta google for more pic le.. lol.. thanxs for sharing ur pic.. i'm sure ur nose will be even nicer as the days goes by. rest well & take care~ :D

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:43 pm

mikko_baby80 wrote:hi unheardof! i've seen ur pic. looks veri nice & much sharper den before. dr kao's skill is truely amazing. u r so lucky, ur nose doesn't looks swollen nor buised at 14days post op, it looks great! hope the same goes for me.. haiz.. tat's one of my fear.. im afraid of going bck to work after my surgery & scare of colleagues eyes & mouth.. though saying is easy, dun care abt wat ppl say but bcoz im doing both eyes & nose.. most prob my change will be a drastic one.. *HuGz unheardof* glad tat ya feeling much beta after telling ur colleagues.. i guess i'll do the same if i were u.. perhaps ppl might be more positive after knowing the truth. r u taking any vit, sinnech or other things tat improve healing & makes swelling go down faster? it's difficult for me to find a pic to show dr kao.. my facial shape is sharp & long.. hmm.. wat kinda nose suits me.. i gotta google for more pic le.. lol.. thanxs for sharing ur pic.. i'm sure ur nose will be even nicer as the days goes by. rest well & take care~ :D

Actually.. there's still some swelling. Her nose will look MUCH better in time to come, so if you're impressed by her nose now, you'll be speechless when and if she decides (i hope she will :D) to post up the new pics in 3 months' time.

Anyway, if you're doing both eyes and nose.. you are going to look like a totally different person. Even if it's just one of the two procedures, the difference will be alot, definitely enough for people to question you. Some people will say that they did their nose but people can't pinpoint the difference. Well that's true if the nose job is just a simple one, aka implant without tip work. Then the nose won't look thaaaat different, just that it has a higher bridge. But if you're going to dr kao.. with the full works, tip and nose, no way you're gonna look the same.

If you ask me, it's a wiser move to just admit it, i'm sure you don't want to live the rest of your life in your job with people gossiping behind your back all the time right?

So hard to find beautiful noses ar? Wah.. off the top of my head i can think of tons of celebrity noses i want loh :o

unheardof
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Nov 2008

Postby unheardof » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:16 pm

tks all for the encouragement. :D

i paid slightly less than 5K SGD and yes, but i used both rib and ear cartilage as you can see from my 'before' pic, ear cartilage is not enough to create an ideal bridge for my nose, that was what Dr Kao commented.

btw, i did mentioned to Dr Kao before i was knocked out, he showed me a model's nose which is the perfect nose all girls dream about, high and sharp but i told him i want none of those as i do not think it will suit my look and face structure.

Appletree, i think i'm really bad at taking care of myself. I did not take supplements at all, all i did was on the 5th day post ops, i bought 1 box of cherry tomatoes and grapes. I only took the medicine Dr Kao prescribed, they are some anti infection stuffs. My diet was bad in TW as i do not have appetite. My diet goes back to having balanced meal the day i returned to SG.

Btw, I used alot of ice pack for the first 7 days and did lymphatic massage on my face very often. Not too sure if that helps, you may want to try. Google it, there are instruction on de internet.

Yah, be frank and face it, that is the best way to handle strange look on you. Most are receptive about it, many of my colleagues even stayed back after work and was eagar to hear more, it was quite interesting tho even i have to repeat again and again.

unheardof
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Nov 2008

Postby unheardof » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:28 pm

hahaaa...no problem.
As long as there is improvement, i will post it for your reference.

cersepn wrote:
mikko_baby80 wrote:hi unheardof! i've seen ur pic. looks veri nice & much sharper den before. dr kao's skill is truely amazing. u r so lucky, ur nose doesn't looks swollen nor buised at 14days post op, it looks great! hope the same goes for me.. haiz.. tat's one of my fear.. im afraid of going bck to work after my surgery & scare of colleagues eyes & mouth.. though saying is easy, dun care abt wat ppl say but bcoz im doing both eyes & nose.. most prob my change will be a drastic one.. *HuGz unheardof* glad tat ya feeling much beta after telling ur colleagues.. i guess i'll do the same if i were u.. perhaps ppl might be more positive after knowing the truth. r u taking any vit, sinnech or other things tat improve healing & makes swelling go down faster? it's difficult for me to find a pic to show dr kao.. my facial shape is sharp & long.. hmm.. wat kinda nose suits me.. i gotta google for more pic le.. lol.. thanxs for sharing ur pic.. i'm sure ur nose will be even nicer as the days goes by. rest well & take care~ :D

Actually.. there's still some swelling. Her nose will look MUCH better in time to come, so if you're impressed by her nose now, you'll be speechless when and if she decides (i hope she will :D) to post up the new pics in 3 months' time.

Anyway, if you're doing both eyes and nose.. you are going to look like a totally different person. Even if it's just one of the two procedures, the difference will be alot, definitely enough for people to question you. Some people will say that they did their nose but people can't pinpoint the difference. Well that's true if the nose job is just a simple one, aka implant without tip work. Then the nose won't look thaaaat different, just that it has a higher bridge. But if you're going to dr kao.. with the full works, tip and nose, no way you're gonna look the same.

If you ask me, it's a wiser move to just admit it, i'm sure you don't want to live the rest of your life in your job with people gossiping behind your back all the time right?

So hard to find beautiful noses ar? Wah.. off the top of my head i can think of tons of celebrity noses i want loh :o

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:43 am

Thanks unheardof for sharing :)

Just wondering, did anyone experiences sudden hair loss problem after long hours of surgery or GA?

babyangel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat, 15 Oct 2005

rhinoplasty

Postby babyangel » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 4:43 am

unheardof wrote:tks all for the encouragement. :D

i paid slightly less than 5K SGD and yes, but i used both rib and ear cartilage as you can see from my 'before' pic, ear cartilage is not enough to create an ideal bridge for my nose, that was what Dr Kao commented.

btw, i did mentioned to Dr Kao before i was knocked out, he showed me a model's nose which is the perfect nose all girls dream about, high and sharp but i told him i want none of those as i do not think it will suit my look and face structure.

Appletree, i think i'm really bad at taking care of myself. I did not take supplements at all, all i did was on the 5th day post ops, i bought 1 box of cherry tomatoes and grapes. I only took the medicine Dr Kao prescribed, they are some anti infection stuffs. My diet was bad in TW as i do not have appetite. My diet goes back to having balanced meal the day i returned to SG.

Btw, I used alot of ice pack for the first 7 days and did lymphatic massage on my face very often. Not too sure if that helps, you may want to try. Google it, there are instruction on de internet.

Yah, be frank and face it, that is the best way to handle strange look on you. Most are receptive about it, many of my colleagues even stayed back after work and was eagar to hear more, it was quite interesting tho even i have to repeat again and again.



hi unheardof,

i think your colleagues must hv thot that your nose looks very nice and different and that's why they wanted to hear about it ..... perhaps you cud share your pics after a month's time or so??

thanks! :)

babyangel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat, 15 Oct 2005

dr kao

Postby babyangel » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 4:47 am

unheardof wrote:tks all for the encouragement. :D

i paid slightly less than 5K SGD and yes, but i used both rib and ear cartilage as you can see from my 'before' pic, ear cartilage is not enough to create an ideal bridge for my nose, that was what Dr Kao commented.

btw, i did mentioned to Dr Kao before i was knocked out, he showed me a model's nose which is the perfect nose all girls dream about, high and sharp but i told him i want none of those as i do not think it will suit my look and face structure.

Appletree, i think i'm really bad at taking care of myself. I did not take supplements at all, all i did was on the 5th day post ops, i bought 1 box of cherry tomatoes and grapes. I only took the medicine Dr Kao prescribed, they are some anti infection stuffs. My diet was bad in TW as i do not have appetite. My diet goes back to having balanced meal the day i returned to SG.

Btw, I used alot of ice pack for the first 7 days and did lymphatic massage on my face very often. Not too sure if that helps, you may want to try. Google it, there are instruction on de internet.

Yah, be frank and face it, that is the best way to handle strange look on you. Most are receptive about it, many of my colleagues even stayed back after work and was eagar to hear more, it was quite interesting tho even i have to repeat again and again.


hi unheardof,

wud you mind to show a picture of your Front view? You cud cover your eyes, just want to see how it looks like from the front. You seem to hv a nice tip! :)

are your family members n other friends amazed at your new look? :D

hello84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue, 12 Dec 2006
Location: hougang

yoz

Postby hello84 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 8:19 pm

so happy to see you change alot... i can say i am quite similar with you... i had ear cartilage in my nose also.. but it look weak now...my bridge is low and make my nostril look flare and fleshy.. i guess dr kao use rib for your bridge and ear cartilage for your tip right? did he instead some ear cartilage into your side of nostril??? Did you ask dr kao few mth later will your nose becum smaller and smaller will the bridge become lower?



appletree wrote:Hi unheardof,

your new nose looks great! I like your nose tip and its more lowered than mine, nice! Just wondering how come your nose doesnt look so swelling as compared to mine. hehe. Are u taking any de swelling medicine now and did u do rib or ear cartilage autology?
Mine is 19th post-op day but still looks swollen and tall still..im still waiting patiently, really patient.. im still taking bromelain and zinc tablets everyday hoping that it will deswell faster.

Thanks for sharing and speedy recovery to you, happy healing! :)




unheardof wrote:hey mikko_baby80

i was there for 17days. Spent 1st 8 days touring around and the remaining days were for me to recoup before returning to SG. I did not totally recover, came back to SG and rest for another few days before returning to work today.

Just to update all a little.

I was like an exhibit today, with everyone staring at me, and everyone started guessing what went wrong. Some said I removed my braces ( i actually removed them last Oct :???: ), some said I was wearing new specs, and some were just mumbling away, trying to figure out what is wrong. I had hundreds of emails to clear, tons of work to do but I just cant focus with eyes staring at me. I thought facing my colleagues requires more courage than the courage required to be in that operating theatre. I then decided to tell them abt it and now i felt much better.

My swell did reduce every single day and i start to get compliments but trust me, there will be comments which you wish you'll never hear too. However, I have great confidence in Dr Kao, I think in another few months time, i should look more refined.

Just to share a bit more with you. I did not bring any sample pictures with me but he insisted i should show him some samples to fully understand my expectation. We had the final discussion on the operating bed before i was knocked out by the anesthesia. you might want to do some research and understand your face stucture before you share your thoughts and discuss it with Dr Kao.

Anyway, here's my before and after for your reference.
ImageImage

mikko_baby80 wrote:hihi unheardof! it's nice to hear tat ya bck in sg. i gotta agree tat being alone in a foreign country is no joke but so nice tat u hv relatives staying there! how long did u stay at TW? its gd to noe tat dr kao is a gd doc, i've seen a lot of ppl saying tat too. it makes me even more determined to go to him especially after seeing appletree's pic! dun care abt wat other ppl say ya.. juz keep telling urself few mths down the road u will be a da mei ren!! :D hope u hv a speedy recovery & take care ya.. looking forward to see ur pic if ya willing to share~ :wink:
[/img]

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 9:19 pm

cersepn wrote:
mikko_baby80 wrote:hi unheardof! i've seen ur pic. looks veri nice & much sharper den before. dr kao's skill is truely amazing. u r so lucky, ur nose doesn't looks swollen nor buised at 14days post op, it looks great! hope the same goes for me.. haiz.. tat's one of my fear.. im afraid of going bck to work after my surgery & scare of colleagues eyes & mouth.. though saying is easy, dun care abt wat ppl say but bcoz im doing both eyes & nose.. most prob my change will be a drastic one.. *HuGz unheardof* glad tat ya feeling much beta after telling ur colleagues.. i guess i'll do the same if i were u.. perhaps ppl might be more positive after knowing the truth. r u taking any vit, sinnech or other things tat improve healing & makes swelling go down faster? it's difficult for me to find a pic to show dr kao.. my facial shape is sharp & long.. hmm.. wat kinda nose suits me.. i gotta google for more pic le.. lol.. thanxs for sharing ur pic.. i'm sure ur nose will be even nicer as the days goes by. rest well & take care~ :D

Actually.. there's still some swelling. Her nose will look MUCH better in time to come, so if you're impressed by her nose now, you'll be speechless when and if she decides (i hope she will :D) to post up the new pics in 3 months' time.

Anyway, if you're doing both eyes and nose.. you are going to look like a totally different person. Even if it's just one of the two procedures, the difference will be alot, definitely enough for people to question you. Some people will say that they did their nose but people can't pinpoint the difference. Well that's true if the nose job is just a simple one, aka implant without tip work. Then the nose won't look thaaaat different, just that it has a higher bridge. But if you're going to dr kao.. with the full works, tip and nose, no way you're gonna look the same.

If you ask me, it's a wiser move to just admit it, i'm sure you don't want to live the rest of your life in your job with people gossiping behind your back all the time right?

So hard to find beautiful noses ar? Wah.. off the top of my head i can think of tons of celebrity noses i want loh :o


woo.. i can't seems to see the swelling.. ahh.. can't wait to see unheardof's 3mths post op pic!! i sure hope most ppl can't pinpoint the difference. lol.. reali?? maybe bcoz u hv a nice facial shape so tat's y u can easily find a celebrity nose tat can suit u ba.. so gd.. wen r u going to do ur nose cersepn? :)

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 9:21 pm

appletree wrote:Thanks unheardof for sharing :)

Just wondering, did anyone experiences sudden hair loss problem after long hours of surgery or GA?


hi appletree, how's ur healing going? hope it gets beta & beta each day! :wink:

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:51 pm

mikko_baby80 wrote:woo.. i can't seems to see the swelling.. ahh.. can't wait to see unheardof's 3mths post op pic!! i sure hope most ppl can't pinpoint the difference. lol.. reali?? maybe bcoz u hv a nice facial shape so tat's y u can easily find a celebrity nose tat can suit u ba.. so gd.. wen r u going to do ur nose cersepn? :)

lol, i don't have a nice face shape. You have to realise something.. most people with good face shape will generally not be in desperate need of a new nose, unless their nose is horrible to begin with la. The face shape AND size of a girl is one of the key factors that determines how attractive she is. You can do a test and see for yourself. Recall all the really pretty girls you know, real life friends and actresses etc, think about how many have small, nicely shaped face.. lol

hello84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue, 12 Dec 2006
Location: hougang

yo

Postby hello84 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:05 pm

how about guys???

boicott
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun, 06 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: yo

Postby boicott » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 1:27 am

hello84 wrote:how about guys???


Hmm sharp chiselled manly angular face?

or the slim pretty boy look?

by they way, anyone here went to dr tsai before?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 3:56 am

guys i think the boyish shape face bahs.. i think the square face is cliched, but there ARE girls who like it. now the trend is the jap style i guess. haha! but most important dude is the proportions and individual features bahs. face shape is NOT a true determinant of beauty but it can help or minus point de... e.g u see angelina jolie abit square, or u see paris hilton so square, and btw american standard of beauty allows for models/actress to have squarely faces with high cheekbones. normal ovalish faces are considered as boring,

for me, personally guys and gals shd go for the sharper, narrower look with slim jawline and not so prominent cheekbones because eventually its a look that spells YOUTH and youth never runs out of fashion. u always wanna look younger than your age when u're in ur 20s. square look make u look older
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

hello84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue, 12 Dec 2006
Location: hougang

Postby hello84 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 8:01 pm

actually must depend... i think guy should look manly... girl will feel more secure... is not very good if you are 24 and you look 18 19 or 29 you look like 22 23..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests