Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:21 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:
appletree wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:
appletree wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:Hi Appletree,

Hi Appletree,

First of all, CONGRATSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you doing now?
Appletree, you are staying at the Kang Ning Apartment right? How is it there? Did you book the transportation from airport to apartment with the Kang Ning Apartment service or just took the cab as you got out of the airport?

hihihih you haven't shopped enough yet?? hihihi continue shopping until you drop then! hihi Hopefully I will be able to do some shopping too.

I'm kinda worry about getting around without knowing chinese.

Thank you for your update Appletree!!! I'm kinda scared right now already. Trying not to think of it until it comes (which is next month) lolz hihi

Hope to hear from you soon and Have a good healing okie:)


Hi moonlight_ ,

Oh no.. i didnt stay at kang ning apartment, kind of regret not staying there, as i saw that the apartment is just beside kang ning hospital only, so much conviences, can save so much on cab fares also!! The Service Apartment im staying is the other one that dr kao recommanded, but he still will prefer us to stay at kang ning hospital, because it is simply so conviences there!! I wasted so much on cab fares travelling thru and fro from the hospital.
Yes, i bought so much today that have to buy another new luggage back..hehe. Now did the whole day walking, need to take a rest on bed liao, so many posts...
I suggest u stay in kang ning apartment better as the have a service counter there, at least they can help u get a cab or assist you to contact dr kao.
Waoo..seems like quite alot of people going next month to dr kao? U gers going together? :)

Good luck and best wishes to people whose going to dr kao soon



Hi appletree,

How is your healing so far? bruises/swelling?
Thank you for your reply.

Hmmm. I'm not sure who else is going to Taiwan next month (december) besides me and kaka. (it would be definitely the more the merrier if there are more people going:). I'm hoping to meet up with kaka when i'm there so we can do some heavy-duty shopping and eating lolz hihihihi.
How was ur shopping??? Do you recommend any shop? :lol:



Hi moonlight_,

im healing every day by day now.. no brusing on face but i think there is a still a small brusing on the back of my skull due to GA i think. Swelling?? Actually i cant tell if my nose is swelling alot because it doesnt looks swollen, the new nose makes my face looks slimmer now, however i find the bridge still very tall and my nose tip looks big ( maybe still swelling) , wonder is it because i requested to widen my alar... :o Still trying to get use to the new nose as previously my nose tip looks very small, like pinched nose .. im afraid my friends will be able to tell that my nose has changed now..omg!!


Hi feline,

thanks for sharing :)
May i check with you, does your nose bridge goes down somemore after a month?


Hi kaka,

if u are going to do your nose, i guess no point to wear a sungalss, best is to wear the face mask. :)



Appletree,
I have read somewhere (but unfortunately I forgot where exactly) that autologous grafting does undergo at least some resorption (small or large depends on each patient and the docs) so having some height initially to your brigde is a good thing. The resorption can start as early as 3 months to years later (much less years later). It quite a bit of time before your nose settles to its true shape due to resorption, ingrown of vascular and other connective tissue to surround the graft, and the cartigage can get ossified; when this happens, all the "bone cells" (like osteoclast and osteoblasts) will work to shape and remodel your structure a little bit. So it can take awhile before you actually see the definite shape. Try to do something to take your mind off it. As your tip, you are right that it looks big due to swelling. Soft tissue swelling does take place most of the time after surgery even sometimes you don't see it clearly. It's part of your body response--inflammation--whenever this is trauma (for example surgery) to the area. To help with the swelling, sleep as upright as you can, try to avoid salty food, no lifting heavy objects or straining yourself.

About having people know about the surgery, this is what I'm afraid I will be facing too because I only have a short amount of time off. I'm thinking of doing something additional like getting your hair cut/highlight or change your style of clothes etc can take the distraction off your nose. Also, make-up can help--try to use shades and color to obtain your previous nose look. You are lucky that your nose was small before, my is huge now:(

It sounds like you have a very good healing process so far. That's fantastic! I'm really scared about my process right now. Don't know how everything is gonna be.


Hi moonlight,

thanks for the long informative post :D . Yes, i guess day by day the nose will have aborption? because i just woke up and realise my nose has gone down a little! :D so happy!! hehe.
Well, dont be scared, its gonna be done over with soon the moment you even realise it. :) Remember to take sineech along too, i guess the sineecg is really good as i do not look like swelling now from the outside.

User avatar
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Postby feline.eyes » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:21 pm

kittygirl8 wrote:To all of you who are short sighted like me,

May I check with you how do you get around after rinoplasty as I understand that after the nose surgery, we have to stop wearing glasses for a while? I know we can always wear contact lense but my main concern is that I will be going for eyelid surgery after that and I believe can't possibly wear contact lense too....? Any idea anyone?

I remember someone in the forum did gave me some advise on that earlier - which is to tape the glasses to our face etc....am I right? Is that the only way to get around without falling flat on my face since I'll be practically blind without any glasses on....

:P


I think hello said something about taping it to his forehead and his doctor taught him how. I think it was basically letting the tape handle all the weight, therefore alleviating the pressure off the nose. Maybe you can ask your doctor how to ^_^

And regarding contacts, I think Dr Chuang said something like a week, but yeah check with your doctor about that too.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

kaka
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 15 Dec 2006

Postby kaka » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:26 pm

appletree, wish you a speedy recovery and a beautiful nose! :)

kaka
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 15 Dec 2006

Postby kaka » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:27 pm

oh by the way how can I order sineech if I am not in Singapore?

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:31 pm

kittygirl8 wrote:
appletree wrote:
aneles wrote:appletree & anyone else that is considering rib -

I believe dr kao gave you a overprojected nose right now so that after the natural shrinkage/reabsorption that will take place in the next 6mths to 1 yr, you will have a lovely shaped nose perfect to match your face.

You should not need to worry too much abt your bigger-looking nose right now. it is definitely too early to get stressed up abt this.

this overprojection was discussed in dr toriumi's site & I asked dr kao about this before - he said he agrees with dr toriumi's theory.

I would be more worried if the nose looked 'perfect' size after surgery as that will mean your nose size might not be that ideal after reabsorption.

I will be in taipei for surgery with dr Kao - will be there 2nd week of dec till 22rd dec. Anyone visiting dr kao during that time (I will be staying in kangning apt) & want to hang out/shop/eat together, drop me a PM ya! the more the merrier for sure! :D


Hi aneles,

thanks for pointing out..im too anxious lar. 8-[ I cannot say my nose doesnt look nice, in fact when i walked out of the clinic, i looked in to the mirror and thought that i look mixed blood with that nose and the brown lenses im wearing lol. Just that i would prefer not a so drastic change to my nose and something to fit into mian xiang.
I so hope my nose will start aborpting now until chirstmas just in time. :wink:
Oh yes share with you a gppd mews which you might be interested to know, dr kao actually showed me a photo of michelle reis's front view nose tip before i went into the surgery room.. :cool:
Remember to stop smoking by now ok? :) , i have not been smoking since till now.. :love:
Yes, have to agree that dr kao did very nice nose tips.


Hi appletree,

May I check with you the reason why Dr Kao showed you the pic of Michelee Reis is it becos that was what the nose he gave u? Do you think her nose is good for mian xiang and not too pointed? I really like her nose very much and wanted Kao to do something similar for me too....what do u think?

:)


Hi kittygirl,

i guess dr kao showed me michelle reis front nose tip photo as i keep emphasising to him the day before that i want a round tip instead of a pointy one, if you have notice, micelle reis has a round looking tip if see from the front, which is not a hinder in mian xiang :D
So he told me he will be doing a silmilar nose tip like hers for me and asked if i like it :)
If you like michelle reis nose, you may like to print out some different angels of her to show him,so that he can bring in to the surgery room as well.
So you be just doing your eyes or together with the nose? :)

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:36 pm

gingerbabe wrote:Moonlight & Kittygirl

I'm supposed to buddy with another forummer to go to Dr Chuang on 1st Dec but she has brought her trip forward & she's in Taiwan now. But i was hoping to go to Taiwan late November so i guess i'll be on my own cos i cant do late Dec.

Both Dr Kao & Dr Chuang has replied me. I was surprised to know that Dr Chuang also does Rib grafting for Rhinoplasty. I wanted to do something else with Dr Chuang & i told him that i may do rib grafting for nose with Dr Kao & this an abstract of his reply to me:

About the nose.....I think the choice must be made by yourself. Sometimes the chest wall scar will bother you forever if you choose total rib rhinoplasty. In my experience the warping rate of rib graft in the life time will be 20~25% as well as the resorbtion rate is about 15~20% averagelly. We charge TWD120000 for the whole surgery including general anaesthesia.

Your nose is not bad. The problem is short tip and low bridge. In my opinion you can just take Goretex and tiplasty to make a beautiful nose. In using artificial material you can even return back to the original look once if you don't need it in the long future. Just think about that...



Hi gingerbabe,

i didnt know that dr chuang charges so much expensive than dr hsu or dr kao? However, you have to know that dr chuang is only a plastic surgeon, he might not be as experiences in doing rib autology rhinoplasty as compared to the ENT specialist doctors like dr kao or hsu. From what i know, dr chuang is good in breast implants, foreign implants is good too but never heard that he does any rib autology rhinoplasty before. I feels that if you want to have an autology rhinoplasty done, it is better to get it done by an ENT doctor and not a plastic surgeon.

Hi kaka,

thank you for the wishes :) . There is a lady -rachel selling sineech, i will pm you for the number.

gingerbabe
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue, 04 Nov 2008

Postby gingerbabe » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 1:04 pm

Hi appletree

Thanks for your concern. It's just that i'm thinking rhino with implants (Dr Chuang) or rhino with rib grafting (Dr Kao). I'll also be doing eyes with Dr Chuang so i thought i might as well do rhino with implants with him. I share the same view with you that it's better to do rib grafting with a more experienced surgeon, in this case i wont consider rib grafting with Dr Chuang.

Btw Dr Kao qoute me NTD110k.

Is silicon or gortex permanent? I mean do with we have to remove the implants sometime in the future even if we like the shape of our nose?

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 3:44 pm

appletree wrote:
gingerbabe wrote:Moonlight & Kittygirl

I'm supposed to buddy with another forummer to go to Dr Chuang on 1st Dec but she has brought her trip forward & she's in Taiwan now. But i was hoping to go to Taiwan late November so i guess i'll be on my own cos i cant do late Dec.

Both Dr Kao & Dr Chuang has replied me. I was surprised to know that Dr Chuang also does Rib grafting for Rhinoplasty. I wanted to do something else with Dr Chuang & i told him that i may do rib grafting for nose with Dr Kao & this an abstract of his reply to me:

About the nose.....I think the choice must be made by yourself. Sometimes the chest wall scar will bother you forever if you choose total rib rhinoplasty. In my experience the warping rate of rib graft in the life time will be 20~25% as well as the resorbtion rate is about 15~20% averagelly. We charge TWD120000 for the whole surgery including general anaesthesia.

Your nose is not bad. The problem is short tip and low bridge. In my opinion you can just take Goretex and tiplasty to make a beautiful nose. In using artificial material you can even return back to the original look once if you don't need it in the long future. Just think about that...



Hi gingerbabe,

i didnt know that dr chuang charges so much expensive than dr hsu or dr kao? However, you have to know that dr chuang is only a plastic surgeon, he might not be as experiences in doing rib autology rhinoplasty as compared to the ENT specialist doctors like dr kao or hsu. From what i know, dr chuang is good in breast implants, foreign implants is good too but never heard that he does any rib autology rhinoplasty before. I feels that if you want to have an autology rhinoplasty done, it is better to get it done by an ENT doctor and not a plastic surgeon.

Hi kaka,

thank you for the wishes :) . There is a lady -rachel selling sineech, i will pm you for the number.


Hi cersepn, feline.eyes & appletree,

Thank you once again for taking the time to advise me. You gals are awesome!

Yeah guess I will check with the docs or just bring a tape along to tape my glasses - just worried I might look like an alien with tapes on my glasses when I'm out in the street hehe :)

Hi Appletree, Feline.eyes,

I'll be going to Dr Kao for rinoplasty and a few days after that, eyes with Dr Chuang. I am very sure my eye shape will change after rinoplasty as I have absolutely no nose bridge and after rino, i think it will actually pull the gap between my eyes closer (am I right to say that Feline.eyes? ) so I chose to do eyelid after rinoplasty. Dr Kao advised me the same thing too after checking with him.

Another main concern is that i plan to do epi too but I am unsure if its necessary for me. I have seen a taiwanese celebrity - wen chui ping - if u gals know who I am talking about - and I thought she looked really weird and spoiled her look after she did her epi. Thus I am worried I might turn out that way too. :(

Btw, pineapple is very good for reducing swelling too and rather than taking sineech (not sure i just dun quite trust this product) you can either take pineapple, which is absolutely natural, or take the tablet form of bromelain which can be purchased at GNC or Nature Farm....

:wink:

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 4:40 pm

appletree wrote:
Hi aneles,

thanks for pointing out..im too anxious lar. 8-[ I cannot say my nose doesnt look nice, in fact when i walked out of the clinic, i looked in to the mirror and thought that i look mixed blood with that nose and the brown lenses im wearing lol. Just that i would prefer not a so drastic change to my nose and something to fit into mian xiang.
I so hope my nose will start aborpting now until chirstmas just in time. :wink:
Oh yes share with you a gppd mews which you might be interested to know, dr kao actually showed me a photo of michelle reis's front view nose tip before i went into the surgery room.. :cool:
Remember to stop smoking by now ok? :) , i have not been smoking since till now.. :love:
Yes, have to agree that dr kao did very nice nose tips.


Appletree, I am so glad to hear that you are loving your new nose everyday!!! Very happy for you as you deserve it after going thru all the pain = it was worth it!!!! :D

I am sure your nose will look good for x'mas photos!!! Just continue to stay positive & you will be healing very nicely. :D

wow! major congrats!!!! I am thrilled to hear you have not been smoking!!! you have given me hope that it is possible tt this is best time to quit smoking (for our nose, our skin, our health) - lets pray that I will be able to be as determined as you ya. :p

Woo-hoo.... you got a michelle reis tip - tts lovely!!! I reckon she got a good mianxiang nose - look at her now, she is approaching 40 & she just married one of the richest man in HK.... tt must mean something ya! ;p

Happy healing & hope to hear more updates from you! :D

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 4:45 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Gingerbabe,
I will be in Taiwan at the end of December.

Aneless,
We will be in Taiwan on Dec 20/21. Can we join you in the shopping/eating events:) ??hihihi lolz I will be staying at the Kang Ning Apartment also. It would be fun if we all can meet up:)


moonlight, would love to meet up with you & kaka when you gals are there.

Where are you coming from - are you from singapore?

Drop me a PM when the date is nearing - we can arrange in detail :D

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 4:49 pm

Sure not, michelle rei's tip not pointed? Maybe if you talking about her old nose? lol
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/12c ... lecopy.jpg

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 4:58 pm

appletree wrote:Hi gingerbabe,

i didnt know that dr chuang charges so much expensive than dr hsu or dr kao? However, you have to know that dr chuang is only a plastic surgeon, he might not be as experiences in doing rib autology rhinoplasty as compared to the ENT specialist doctors like dr kao or hsu. From what i know, dr chuang is good in breast implants, foreign implants is good too but never heard that he does any rib autology rhinoplasty before. I feels that if you want to have an autology rhinoplasty done, it is better to get it done by an ENT doctor and not a plastic surgeon.


I concur with appletree about this - any PS doc can offer rib autology rhinoplasty BUT doc's track records are MOST CRUCIAL when one is making the decision which doc to pick.

Since Dr Chuang is rather negative abt rib autologous material, then you have to reconsider & question if Dr Chuang is the most apt doc for this method of rhinoplasty.

If I recall correctly - in the older posts on the other PS overseas thread, there was feedback that dr chuang used to be active in rib autology rhino few yrs back. But later, he advised against this procedure to his prospective patients as there wasnt a good/impressive record of successful results from his patients.

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 5:04 pm

cersepn wrote:Sure not, michelle rei's tip not pointed? Maybe if you talking about her old nose? lol
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/12c ... lecopy.jpg


cersepn - i cant speak for appletree's thoughts..

but for me, even based on Michelle Reis 'after' pic - her nose is not that pointed per ser.... it still shows a softer rounder but still defined tip.

what is considered pointed - it is like this example I hve attached (taken from D.Toriumi's site)

ImageImage

Hope I illustrated this well. :D

kaka
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 15 Dec 2006

Postby kaka » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 5:42 pm

aneles wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:Gingerbabe,
I will be in Taiwan at the end of December.

Aneless,
We will be in Taiwan on Dec 20/21. Can we join you in the shopping/eating events:) ??hihihi lolz I will be staying at the Kang Ning Apartment also. It would be fun if we all can meet up:)


moonlight, would love to meet up with you & kaka when you gals are there.

Where are you coming from - are you from singapore?

Drop me a PM when the date is nearing - we can arrange in detail :D


Hi Aneles when are you going Taipei?? let's all meet up!

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 6:07 pm

kaka wrote:Hi Aneles when are you going Taipei?? let's all meet up!


hi kaka, I will be in taipei from 10th - 22nd dec - together with kittygirl.

are you from singapore too?

hope to meet you 2 gals there! :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests