Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tobehunk

thanks cersepn....

Post by tobehunk » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:28 pm

cersepn wrote:
tobehunk wrote:seriously, u r lookin at forever? firstly, nothing is forever... secondly, most probably say after 5 or even 15 years, u become bored/dissatisfied, u will wan to change sth again... maybe sharpen the tip or just to maintain the angle, etc. things will change again.

the way i look at it, im now 30+, if the good nose can last me (without any adverse effects), then having a good nose for 30 - 40yr is very good liao...
assuming then, by 60, i may wan sth entirely changed then the nose (rib graft/bone/silicon/gortex) may not so much matter.

but if i do the rib/ear graft, then i have to repeating puncture an extra wound just to redo or change/ and as i go older, wouldnt my body's materials deteriorate over time... then how good n feasible would it be to use say my ear graft when im 45? see wat i mean? tat is one of my fears...

the other concern i have is the extra surgery need to obtain my rib/ear graft... more risk involved...

has anyone here done the rib/ear graft surgery for the nose? and hows the experience? pls share...
Maybe that's your own philosophy. But for a majority of people, obviously they want their first nose job to be their last. If you're bored/not satisfied of the nose after a few years, it can only mean one thing: You didn't do enough research back then to see what was the ideal type of nose you wanted, or you have unreal expectations.. or maybe the doc just wasn't good enough. Basically all the factors are a 'user-fault', the last factor maybe not so much.

Unfortunately given the complexity of rhinoplasty, i'm talking about full rhino here including tip work, cartilage graft, collumelar strut etc etc, NOT referring to just simple implant to raise bridge, not many docs are fully adept at it.

Although korea is leading the way in rhino, but the sheer amount of revisions done there is still testament to the fact that rhino still has a long long way to go.

"but if i do the rib/ear graft, then i have to repeating puncture an extra wound just to redo or change/ and as i go older, wouldnt my body's materials deteriorate over time... then how good n feasible would it be to use say my ear graft when im 45"

You're underestimating the human body! The cartilage is very strong man. Even if the cartilage becomes 'lousier' when a person ages, don't forget that by the time you're 45, there will definitely be new advances in rhino + drs gain more and more experience => better technique + results. This is certain cos i'm sure many of you have aunties who cut their double eyelid in the past and the results are just bleah, compared to now when the results are generally very good.

The surgery to obtain the rib graft is rather invasive but still very safe. I haven't done the op for the rib graft myself, but i've read of the procedure and it doesn't involve any major body parts at all. The scar is probably one of the biggest concerns and it is well valid, esp for ladies.. but what to do? Sacrifices have to be made. I believe some ppl here have went the autogolous route and even for the ladies, the pain was well-tolerable
your comments have some good angles for me to ponder upon...
i would still like to hear from those who went for the autogolous (rib/ear graft)route...

could anyone share? pls....

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Re: thanks cersepn....

Post by feline.eyes » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 4:36 am

tobehunk wrote:your comments have some good angles for me to ponder upon...
i would still like to hear from those who went for the autogolous (rib/ear graft)route...

could anyone share? pls....
What do you want to know?
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 6:23 am

TreeHugger wrote:Appletree,

Did you intend to go to Dr. Kao?
yes, have already booked appointment with him, will update you all when i have done the surgery 8-)

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Re: yea... but

Post by appletree » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 6:34 am

tobehunk wrote:
appletree wrote:Acutally comes to think of it, rib/ear cartilage grafting for implants will be better. If you have read up on an article regarding silicones or goretex implants, a doctor mentioned that no implants can last forever, usually needs to replace it in many years down the road.
seriously, u r lookin at forever? firstly, nothing is forever... secondly, most probably say after 5 or even 15 years, u become bored/dissatisfied, u will wan to change sth again... maybe sharpen the tip or just to maintain the angle, etc. things will change again.

wat im looking at is like maybe good for the next 30 - 40 years is good enough.

the way i look at it, im now 30+, if the good nose can last me (without any adverse effects), then having a good nose for 30 - 40yr is very good liao...
assuming then, by 60, i may wan sth entirely changed then the nose (rib graft/bone/silicon/gortex) may not so much matter.

but if i do the rib/ear graft, then i have to repeating puncture an extra wound just to redo or change/ and as i go older, wouldnt my body's materials deteriorate over time... then how good n feasible would it be to use say my ear graft when im 45? see wat i mean? tat is one of my fears...

the other concern i have is the extra surgery need to obtain my rib/ear graft... more risk involved...

has anyone here done the rib/ear graft surgery for the nose? and hows the experience? pls share...

i agreed with cersepn. What i can say is, no pain..no gain. What i meant is that may need to replace the implant if down the road, the foreign material rejects, the implant will be slanted or infection or so... you know slanted? That is what happening to me now, my implant has abit deviated to the left. I do not want to scare you regarding implants though, however for me i think, using our own cartilage is still the best and safest, and looks more natural of course. However, not everyone experiences rejection from their implants, alot of successful cases too. Just do more researches before you decide whats the best for you.
There are a number of forumers has already done the rib autology and is a success! Or you can refer to the front pages of this thread to see feline_eyes and angelluv08 posting of their experiences.

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 7:28 pm

UglyPiglet wrote:Hey everyone, updates on my appointment with Dr Su. Yeah, I'm so excited~! :) Just now I called them again, the nurse told me that 05Dec can accomodate a slot for me. And arrange consultation on 02Dec. Now problems :( 01Dec i'll reach Kaohsiung and go for Dr Hsu final consultation for nose surgery on 03Dec. Next day 02 Dec have to go to taipei for Dr Su consultation. Will I be able to reach taipei in time and come back in time to Kaohsiung for nose surgery??? And I also let the nurse know that I'm doing my nose first then eyes. But she comment is not advisable if I'm doing epi(due to swelling and bruises), then she say whatever it is shall wait till I see Dr Su first. :( What do you all think?
Hi,

remember i made an earlier posting that my suggestion is to do eyes 1st then rhino? Of course, different people may think otherwise. I feel one of the main reasons for doing eyes first instead of rhino is bcos rhinoplasty (n esp if this is your 1st rhino) usually results in alot of bruising n swelling. While swelling, it wud "change" your eyes temporarily due to the swear. Your eyes may look smaller, more puffy, etc and with the bruises ard the nose n eye areas, it is difficult to judge how your original eyes are n for the surgeon to do the incision or epi or whatever properly. Cos the skin may hv been stretched due to the rhino n got to wait for the swell to go off 1st.

having said all these, i think maybe it may be better to do 1 thing at a time then. Cos rhinoplasty using rib is a major surgery n since u hv to go thru GA, there may be some side effects of GA. After GA, u may feel nauseous n may vomit n you wud feel tired n ill n there is also some pain from your ribs. I hv gone thru GA before so i know the side effects.

So i feel having to go thru this surgery via GA may make you feel quite unwell to want to do a 2nd surgery at the same time.

Do your nose 1st then n wait till you recover n do your eyes another time. :)

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 7:50 pm

UglyPiglet wrote:Hey everyone, updates on my appointment with Dr Su. Yeah, I'm so excited~! :) Just now I called them again, the nurse told me that 05Dec can accomodate a slot for me. And arrange consultation on 02Dec. Now problems :( 01Dec i'll reach Kaohsiung and go for Dr Hsu final consultation for nose surgery on 03Dec. Next day 02 Dec have to go to taipei for Dr Su consultation. Will I be able to reach taipei in time and come back in time to Kaohsiung for nose surgery??? And I also let the nurse know that I'm doing my nose first then eyes. But she comment is not advisable if I'm doing epi(due to swelling and bruises), then she say whatever it is shall wait till I see Dr Su first. :( What do you all think?
if u still wud like to do the 2 surgeries i.e. eyes n rhino together during the same trip, i wud still feel it's more advisable to do the eyes 1st n then the rhino. Im speaking from what i hv seen from people i know n who hv done these 2 surgeries.

If u want to do the nose 1st and then the eyes together, u wud realise after your rhino that u wud be unable to do your eyes when u see the swell and bruises ard your nose and eyes areas. U wud understand n realise what im trying to explain then. :)

all the best for yr surgeries.

UglyPiglet

Post by UglyPiglet » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 8:31 pm

babyangel thanks for sharing. Anyway my 1st priority is to do my nose then eyes. Well shall see whether Dr Su can accommodate to my request anot. If cannot then shall book next yr 2009 Feb for my eyes. Thanks everybody for sharing all these valuable info and experiences. I'm now counting my days to my transformation. Shall updates with U all soon :) And also the Sinecch is pretty easy to purchase online. I've received mine, hope it really works as what it is known for to me on that day. Anyone uses that, can share and comment about it?

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:34 pm

Hi uglypiglet,

you purchased the sineeh from oversea website? I have ordered from rachel but dont think her sineeh can reach in time as im leaving for my surgery soon, :???: Guess i wont be in time for sineeh :shock:
Anyone here who did rib autology before but didnt take sineeh? Do share whether if it does takes a longer time without sineeh? :(

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:14 am

does anybody has any idea if it's still sunny in taipei the first 2 weeks of november, as i understand that it is very humid still in sept but its freaking cold in december and january..

UglyPiglet

Post by UglyPiglet » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:15 pm

appletree wrote:Hi uglypiglet,

you purchased the sineeh from oversea website? I have ordered from rachel but dont think her sineeh can reach in time as im leaving for my surgery soon, :???: Guess i wont be in time for sineeh :shock:
Anyone here who did rib autology before but didnt take sineeh? Do share whether if it does takes a longer time without sineeh? :(
Yap, I've order it online and got it less than aweek time, like 5days. Is fast, you can try ordering today if you want.

vickyabc

dr chuang

Post by vickyabc » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 10:46 pm

Hi Guys im back in Taipei to look for dr chuang again! Previously I like his work very much!! Thus i rather stick to him

I did cheek implant and inject/transfer my tigh fats into my eye brow (top area) to enhNCE MY EYES today...

I'll be here, staying in charming hotel till 8th nov. If anyone is here too, maybe we can meet up as im alone.

My email: [email protected]

Cheers!

ps:my cheek starting to swell.. putting ice pack nw. But again, no pain no gain!

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 11:51 pm

heylo vicky, long time no hear from you
i still remember your beautiful nose! Does it look even more pretty now?
btw did you opt for rib or silicon huh? forgot alr
all the best in your healing :D

babyangel
Regular
Regular

calves

Post by babyangel » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 2:57 pm

Hi,

has anyone gone to Dr Jong in Taiwan to do Calves Reduction or any other surgeon n cud share experience?

Im thinking of doing and is anyone interested to do also? :)

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 2:30 am

cersepn wrote:heylo vicky, long time no hear from you
i still remember your beautiful nose! Does it look even more pretty now?
btw did you opt for rib or silicon huh? forgot alr
all the best in your healing :D
hi Cerse

My nose is still the same.. but much natural abit.

Mine is silicon.. i will attach my pic here for a few days ;)

URL=http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... opyjz7.jpg]Image[/URL]Image

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:11 am

vickyabc wrote:hi Cerse

My nose is still the same.. but much natural abit.

Mine is silicon.. i will attach my pic here for a few days ;)
You look great ^_^
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.