Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tinanana
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 14 May 2009

Postby tinanana » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 6:16 pm

Katie1985 wrote:
tinanana wrote:hi,,,,

i hav typed my experience with dr kao on this post recently...
i am vey pleased with the nose n chin...however... im still abit concern (by saying "concern"...is not worrying kind of concern lol...juz hesistate or tempting lol / feel like there is somethng needs to be done...dunno if i hav used the wrong word to describe my feeling...i guess somehow theres some1 that will get wat i mean by "concern") about the "lump or hump" or my nose... its juz beside the bridge...can see it when i turn to my side...only can shown from 1 side of my face...
1 reason for this: maybe the restylane he cut out still need to be absorbed by my body coz he told me there are some left)

2) still swelling

3) the bone he knocked out ....did not knocked evenly -.-

it is not noticeable by other ppl.... juz by me n my bf as i always look into the mirror n take pics eveyday to record n i will ask my bf about it as well

not sure i will go back for revision or not... waiting for the "final result" and need to send email to dr kao 1st

he did a good job on me though...
its juz luck on surgery...
i can say im the lucky 1 ~
maybe we juz want to hav a "perfect" nose...
i'll see how... 8-) as im not really annoyed or bothered by it..but juz an idea .... maybe can ask him to make my nose a little bit more higher ...lol



Hi! Tinanana

How much did Doctor Kao charge you for the nose services?
Did you stay at the Kang Ning Service Apartment?


halo

he charged me for 1800000NTD...sliding genioplasty and rib for nose +ear cartilge for tip

i stayed at KN for 13nights =) 1 night at hospital
suite c... no suite a available at that time -.-

User avatar
Katie1985
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 04 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby Katie1985 » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 6:52 pm

@Tinanana

ok, thank you :)

tinanana
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 14 May 2009

Postby tinanana » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 11:25 pm

Katie1985 wrote:@Tinanana

ok, thank you :)


opsss i mean 180000 NTD XDDDD not 1800000NTD LOL
big difference...... :oops:

User avatar
Katie1985
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 04 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby Katie1985 » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 8:38 am

tinanana wrote:
Katie1985 wrote:@Tinanana

ok, thank you :)


opsss i mean 180000 NTD XDDDD not 1800000NTD LOL
big difference...... :oops:


ya, I know is 180,000NTD. You typed wrong.
Ya, 1800000NTD n 180,000NTD HUGE DIFFERENCES.

FYI Doctor Kao qoute me

Rib Bone - 140,000NTD / SGD6032 / USD4362
Ear Bone - 80,000 NTD / SGD3444 / USD2490

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 19 Dec 2008

Postby bbabymilo » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 6:16 pm

Hihi~ :)

Anyone going to Dr Kao this September/October, please PM me or reply me here.

keshihua
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 02 Aug 2010

Postby keshihua » Sat, 07 Aug 2010 2:35 pm

ya, I know is 180,000NTD. You typed wrong.
Ya, 1800000NTD n 180,000NTD HUGE DIFFERENCES.

FYI Doctor Kao qoute me

Rib Bone - 140,000NTD / SGD6032 / USD4362
Ear Bone - 80,000 NTD / SGD3444 / USD2490[/quote]

Woo, you all very rich... I just doing my double eyelid and nose at JB. currently, i have take my pictures to compare b4 and aft, may be im lucky and so far i ready not so swelling as i saw my friend did it b4, Ha.ha..
They very famous in JB forum, u can try to search them from google key in "jbtalks", 美容护肤,谁有做过整形手术进来分享一下. There is a lot of good comments. If you lucky someone also may telling their experince...

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat, 26 Jul 2008

Postby TreeHugger » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 10:58 am

shinangel wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:
shinangel wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:I think I recall seeing some members going to Dr. Hsu or Dr. Kao in december/january?

I will most likely be going during those times. Still trying to decide between those two doctors. If anyone is going, let me know =)


I am going to have surgery under dr. Hsu.

Arrival in Kaohsiung and consultation scheduled for 26th of December, surgery on 27th and leaving Taiwan on the 8th of January.

I am in the process of booking an apartment for 2 weeks, as I'll be accompanied by my sister and possibly my boyfriend and Blissfull, another forumer.


Is blissful going for a revision? I don't quite remember. I was planning to leave on the 24th and come back around the 6th. Are you only doing your nose?


I have never been keen on PS. If I could get tighter bums by doing more sports or get rid of a few pimples by means of the appropriate creams and food diet, I would do. But it goes without saying one cannot change her/his nose without plastic surgery.

The rest of my body is not perfect (sometimes my boyfriend jokes about my flat chest, calling it two aspirines on an ironing board), but it doesn't have to be perfect either. All in all, I am quite happy with what I have been granted by nature.

Besides, as far as I am concerned, a first botched rhino does not really encourage to get additional PS. So I stick to what I initially wanted: a slightly improved nose.


Why did you choose Dr. Hsu and not Dr. Kao? I am still trying to decide between the two

Millicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2010

Postby Millicious » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:17 am

Dropped an email to Dr Kao inquiring the procedures he would recommend. And the following was his reply after looking at my photos.

I recommend you the rhinoplasty with rib cartilage graft and possible sliding genioplasty to improve the balance of your face, not just the nose surgery because you have a small chin.

You can find the attached picture before and after simulation. The donated rib cartilage is another choice if you don’t want to have a scar over right chest wall. Part of your septal cartilage will be used for the lengthening of your nose or the tip graft (the ear cartilage graft is softer than the septal cartilage).



The hospital will charge the rib cartilage rhinoplasty 120-130,000 NTD for primary surgery, general anesthesia 4-6 hours and stay a night in the hospital.

The price for rhinoplasty with donated rib cartilage and the tip refinement with ear or septal cartilage grafting is 120,000 NTD.

The price for the Medpor chin implantation is 60,000NTD and the genioplasty with osteotome of the chin bone cost 80,000NTD concomitantly with rhinoplasty.


I was really hoping that I would not have to do any chin augmentation but alas. If given the choice, I would take the medpor implant over the genioplasty which is just too invasive for me.

hzl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 09 Aug 2010

Postby hzl » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 3:18 pm

I've dropped an email to Dr Kao too and he recommended more or less the same procedure, but together a mini face lift to tighten the skin. He mentioned that the lift may not be necessary if I go for the rhinoplasty and chin augmentation though, he will have to see me in person to decide.

Millicious, do you like what you see in the simulation pic? Maybe I should ask him for one as well, since he didn't provide any :)





Millicious wrote:Dropped an email to Dr Kao inquiring the procedures he would recommend. And the following was his reply after looking at my photos.

I recommend you the rhinoplasty with rib cartilage graft and possible sliding genioplasty to improve the balance of your face, not just the nose surgery because you have a small chin.

You can find the attached picture before and after simulation. The donated rib cartilage is another choice if you don’t want to have a scar over right chest wall. Part of your septal cartilage will be used for the lengthening of your nose or the tip graft (the ear cartilage graft is softer than the septal cartilage).



The hospital will charge the rib cartilage rhinoplasty 120-130,000 NTD for primary surgery, general anesthesia 4-6 hours and stay a night in the hospital.

The price for rhinoplasty with donated rib cartilage and the tip refinement with ear or septal cartilage grafting is 120,000 NTD.

The price for the Medpor chin implantation is 60,000NTD and the genioplasty with osteotome of the chin bone cost 80,000NTD concomitantly with rhinoplasty.


I was really hoping that I would not have to do any chin augmentation but alas. If given the choice, I would take the medpor implant over the genioplasty which is just too invasive for me.

Millicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2010

Postby Millicious » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 7:00 pm

Hi hzl, the simulation I feel is too conservative especially the nose. The chin is alright in the sense that the profile is more balanced. Dr Kao probably did not want scare me off with something too drastic. I've already made up my mind to go with rhinoplasty with rib cartilage and was hoping for more drastic changes(slightly refined tip and smaller alar base). I would opt for a silicon implant if all I need was a higher nose bridge.

What about you hzl, which type of chin augmentation do you prefer? Am still not too keen on chin augmentation because of the higher risk of nerve damage.

Millicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2010

Postby Millicious » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 7:40 pm

bbabymilo wrote:Hihi~ :)

Anyone going to Dr Kao this September/October, please PM me or reply me here.


Hey bbabymilo, I'm keen to go this September but have not worked out the logistics(book airticket, apply for leave) yet. Will probably stay at the Kangning apartment. I read through previous posts and you're going for either Medpor chin implantation or genioplasty with Dr Kao. right. Have you decided which? I think below are a few interesting points to note. I've also read somewhere that chin augmentation is seldom done with rib due to the high rate of infection even with your own rib.

http://www.realself.com/question/silastic-medpor-chin-implant
http://www.realself.com/question/medpor-chin-implant-over-time

Could you PM me to discuss further?

hzl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 09 Aug 2010

Postby hzl » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 2:50 am

Hi Millicious,

I'm actually considering sliding genioplasty because I've heard many horror stories of chin implant complications. Infection, possibility of implant shifting, implant being dented after some time are some examples.

I'm kind of worried about having foreign objects planted and will opt for other alternatives if possible. But as you've mentioned, sliding genioplasty is an invasive surgery so I'm hesitating as well. I know that Dr Kao is good with noses but am not sure how good is he with sliding genioplasty.

Looking at the mirror, some work is definitely needed on my chin though, that's where the headache comes in. Sighz.



Millicious wrote:Hi hzl, the simulation I feel is too conservative especially the nose. The chin is alright in the sense that the profile is more balanced. Dr Kao probably did not want scare me off with something too drastic. I've already made up my mind to go with rhinoplasty with rib cartilage and was hoping for more drastic changes(slightly refined tip and smaller alar base). I would opt for a silicon implant if all I need was a higher nose bridge.

What about you hzl, which type of chin augmentation do you prefer? Am still not too keen on chin augmentation because of the higher risk of nerve damage.

Millicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2010

Postby Millicious » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:32 am

Yup HZL, I'm also concerned with the possible complications, imagine losing sensation in the bottom lip or worse. However, I would still opt for the medpor implant over sliding genioplasty. I read that jaw-shaving is the most painful cosmetic surgury procedure and involves alot of downtime so genioplasty cannot be that far behind. :???:

tinanana, you mind sharing more with us your post-surgery recovery process from genioplasty? Was it really painful and how long did it take before you could chew/eat solid foods? How long did the swelling if any, take to go down?

ETA: Oops Tinanan, please ignore my questions above. I went through your previous posts and you've addressed them in detail already. I must say that your pain threshold and recovery rate is pretty high. Breaking off a section of your chin, shifting it out/in and reattaching it with titanium screws sounds incredibly painful.

chanelgirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 19 Jan 2010

Postby chanelgirl » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:06 pm

who's going to kangning and dr kao in the next 2 weeks?

toross
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 07 Aug 2010

Postby toross » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 1:25 am

I'm considering rhino with Dr Kao, but I have to overcome the mental barrier of having an implant and a rib removed. How did u guys overcome this? :-|


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests