Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ranconan
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby ranconan » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 9:15 am

Blissful09 wrote:
ranconan wrote:hi blissful and jamie!

may i ask if the lump feels like a flesh? is it like mine? :(

i've read and there are ppl who say tht we'll need revision to get rid of it.. is this true? i know this lump is the cause of my swelling as my right nostrils is alot more swollen than my left resulting in my nose looking uneven. im happy with the left part of my nose but the right side is making me depressed..

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7418/img2522f.jpg

** i know pic looks disgusting, i was in the midst of cleansing my nose when i took that picture**



when u put your q-tip in and lift upwards you feel it on the roof of your inside nostrils right??? there is stitches there but u dont know, so the material and swelling is happening there... i dont think it makes sense to u cuz u dunno how it works.. and i didnt either until my friend explain how it actually works., didnt u use rib cart too????? cuz i did. so idk about u.

why is it super itchy and incredibly painful? if so, then it might be infection, mine was just the lumps in both nostril but it wasnt killing me or anything. it was just swelling. if there is lumps OUTSIDE then u need to get it checked out, hoppe that helpds


hi babe! nope it isnt itchy or painful.. its probably just like you say, just the swelling considering its located at my more swollen side of the nose.
nope i did not use rib cart.. tip plasty, alarplasty and nose lengthening. dr.kao used my septal cartilage and ear cartilage.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:38 am

Loukoum: Hope you realize english's not their first language, so it's hard for them (not just dr hsu, but all the tw PS docs in general) to express what they wanna say in the nicest way. Don't take it so personal man

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:08 pm

You definately CANNOT judge by emails.

Dr Jong was really nice on email but was rude and impatient and i was turn off in person so i left.

Dr Hsu yeah i kinda experienced this a bit too but i promise u his personality in real life is VERY cheery and bubblely! He made me so comfortable. If u want happy nice doctors, Dr Kao and Dr Hsu are the ones to go too! Did u read my testimonial? How i came at the end of a busy day for Dr Hsu at 9:30pm before closing and he was still happy and enthusiatic? Thats the type of doctor u need. Someone who is up-beat.
He is really happy when he meets each of his patients. My friend and i believe he is those kind of "Family Man" because he is good with children too. (he keeps lollipops in his office) he loves what he does. so i think its quite unfair to judge by emails. Just like how ppl on msn are different in real life.

jamie82
Regular
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri, 25 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jamie82 » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:16 pm

Blissful09 wrote:You definately CANNOT judge by emails.

Dr Jong was really nice on email but was rude and impatient and i was turn off in person so i left.

Dr Hsu yeah i kinda experienced this a bit too but i promise u his personality in real life is VERY cheery and bubblely! He made me so comfortable. If u want happy nice doctors, Dr Kao and Dr Hsu are the ones to go too! Did u read my testimonial? How i came at the end of a busy day for Dr Hsu at 9:30pm before closing and he was still happy and enthusiatic? Thats the type of doctor u need. Someone who is up-beat.


Yes in my experience with Dr. Kao. Quoted for truth.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2009
Location: singapore

Postby angelfern » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:39 pm

yep, i agree too.
BTW, Dr Kao replied last nite. He started with "I answer your questions below!"

Initially, I was taken aback by his exclaimation mark, thought that he was angry or something but after reading his reply to my questions, it's ok.

Don't be offended by their "curt, short reply" as english is not their first language, they probably just write directly to the point.

oh, he replied that autogenous rib cartilage is better than donated rib, usually the very old, young or people who don't want the chest scar will choose donated rib.

chanelgirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 19 Jan 2010

Postby chanelgirl » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 8:21 pm

Anyone interested in coming to taiwan for dr Kao end of march/april?? PM me please :)

i would prefer to go with someone!

missuglynose
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue, 11 Aug 2009

Postby missuglynose » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 8:51 pm

Today is day 7 post my eyelid surgery. Had my stitches removed already - it's still swollen, but at least I look presentable enough to go out. No eye makeup allowed till 1 week after stitch removal, and no mascara till one month after surgery! :???: Oh, the doctor also provided me with scar cream to help fade the scar...he says after 3 months my 0.5cm incision will look like one of the light brown wrinkles we have on the inside of our wrist :)

Going to see Dr. Hsu this Thursday evening. Surgery is on Friday. Urgh I'm dreading yet another week of non-stop ice compresses...its so boring! Am I the only one who falls asleep halfway? :P

ranconan
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby ranconan » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 9:22 pm

hi all! got a silly question to ask!

as our tip's swelling subsides, meaning it gets smaller, will the width of our alar gets smaller too? or perhaps i shld say will our alar rims look smaller?

User avatar
Loukoum
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 17 Jan 2010

Postby Loukoum » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 9:23 pm

jamie82 wrote:
Blissful09 wrote:You definately CANNOT judge by emails.

Dr Jong was really nice on email but was rude and impatient and i was turn off in person so i left.

Dr Hsu yeah i kinda experienced this a bit too but i promise u his personality in real life is VERY cheery and bubblely! He made me so comfortable. If u want happy nice doctors, Dr Kao and Dr Hsu are the ones to go too! Did u read my testimonial? How i came at the end of a busy day for Dr Hsu at 9:30pm before closing and he was still happy and enthusiatic? Thats the type of doctor u need. Someone who is up-beat.


Yes in my experience with Dr. Kao. Quoted for truth.


Yes I read it Blissfull , so that's why I felt it was strange since I read so much good testimonies about their works and attitude. But thank girls. Really. I feel a bit awkward but that's why this topic is so helpfull for all of us.

Btw, can you remind me one thing. What language did you speak with dr Hsu or Kao in consultation ? Is english enough or we absolutely need a translator ?. If so, can the hospital hire someone for ?

and also, about rib cartilage and the chest scar. Is it really apparent ?

jamie82
Regular
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri, 25 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jamie82 » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 1:10 am

Hi,

I'm wondering those who went thru surgery, how did you cope with the "tightness" around the nose and lower facial area.

I find myself unable to smile / laugh (damn hard to watch those funny variety shows) and my expression nw is very very stiff. I wonder how long does this stiffness take to go away. Its probably about 12-13 days now so I hope to at least feel normal ASAP.

Then also, I thought I didn't have problems with food at all, I didn't have any till I tried to eat a burger today, then I realised I couldn't cos my mouth couldn't open properly and I ended up having to take dainty bites slowly - normally I just wolf down my food. T_T

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 1:32 am

Loukoum wrote:
jamie82 wrote:
Blissful09 wrote:You definately CANNOT judge by emails.

Dr Jong was really nice on email but was rude and impatient and i was turn off in person so i left.

Dr Hsu yeah i kinda experienced this a bit too but i promise u his personality in real life is VERY cheery and bubblely! He made me so comfortable. If u want happy nice doctors, Dr Kao and Dr Hsu are the ones to go too! Did u read my testimonial? How i came at the end of a busy day for Dr Hsu at 9:30pm before closing and he was still happy and enthusiatic? Thats the type of doctor u need. Someone who is up-beat.


Yes in my experience with Dr. Kao. Quoted for truth.


Yes I read it Blissfull , so that's why I felt it was strange since I read so much good testimonies about their works and attitude. But thank girls. Really. I feel a bit awkward but that's why this topic is so helpfull for all of us.

Btw, can you remind me one thing. What language did you speak with dr Hsu or Kao in consultation ? Is english enough or we absolutely need a translator ?. If so, can the hospital hire someone for ?

and also, about rib cartilage and the chest scar. Is it really apparent ?


I spoke english, dr hsu understands english however note that i spoke wiht this doctor for like a really long time thru email ( 8 months)
When i saw him he already knew what i wanted, during consultation i spoke english and showed him WHAT I WANT, and WHAT I DONT WANT, and made it super clear. In the hospital if u dont speak good mandarin once u get all your tests done u wait in your room and a nurse will come and ask if u want a "on-call' Care Taker" who speaks english (cost more) and i highly suggest it cuz the nurses are beeyotches and if u dont pay them they dont really care for u. Erm Scar is the last thing u need to worry about honestly... i thought i would care so much.. but its nothing. its not a big deal. Getting donated rib is weird in my opinion... unless your uber old or super young that your rib is not fully developed.

jamie 82
lol you shouldnt be smiling/laughing anyways, i turned on tv and "accidently" watched Russel Peters.. and freakin hurt sooooo much i almost died and had to turn it off from laughing. Yeah actually im starting to be able to smile without so much tightness. (just recently though) laughing isnt so bad as it was before. But Sneezing still kinda kills.. i dunno why.. maybe more pressure that u cant control. My nose doesnt feel real yet. i cant completely feel my nostrils 100% yet. Cant pick my nose either.

ranconan
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby ranconan » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:27 am

i think im healing faster than most since today is day 13 and theres already no more tightness.. i can smile and laugh freely :) sneezing still feels a little awkward.. i`ll try to sneeze via my mouth instead. lol

User avatar
Loukoum
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 17 Jan 2010

Postby Loukoum » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 8:36 pm

Blissful09 wrote:I spoke english, dr hsu understands english however note that i spoke wiht this doctor for like a really long time thru email ( 8 months)
When i saw him he already knew what i wanted, during consultation i spoke english and showed him WHAT I WANT, and WHAT I DONT WANT, and made it super clear. In the hospital if u dont speak good mandarin once u get all your tests done u wait in your room and a nurse will come and ask if u want a "on-call' Care Taker" who speaks english (cost more) and i highly suggest it cuz the nurses are beeyotches and if u dont pay them they dont really care for u. Erm Scar is the last thing u need to worry about honestly... i thought i would care so much.. but its nothing. its not a big deal. Getting donated rib is weird in my opinion... unless your uber old or super young that your rib is not fully developed.


Through 8 months ? wow. What are you talking about if it's no too intrusive ? Now, I don't even know what kind of questions I could ask to him after 2 emails ^^'. I know that's my job, and quesions are for me and can be personnal, but could you suggest me just a few important and general questions ? I know that I miss and forget important things but what .. that's the question ..

I certainly have to re read all that 63 pages again..

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 6:42 am

welll it wasnt like i emailed him everyday, when i found certain pictures i would ask him if my nose can be like that and send him a photo of myself and so forth... basically i had my heart set on dr hsu. cuz i think switching back and forth is not good. (remember i was decided dr hsu and dr kao) ENT specialist was a must for me... and they both wore. Basically i would go to his website and look over and over and over again for both doctors at there work.

My suggestion is... make sure you know what your talking about and know what u want....
my mistake was when i told him i wanted a straight side profile view... instead of curving up (cuz i thought i might look like a pig) i kept my answer firm.. and end up regretting it.. cuz looking at a lot of celebs photo the curving up is cute. (but ppl say curving up was the sign of a fake nose..)

black&white56
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 23 Jan 2010

Postby black&white56 » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:33 am

I'm new in this forum but I have been reading some of the posts and would like to thank those that have shared their experiences.
Last edited by black&white56 on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests