Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 1:47 pm

Hi bliss,

I hope you recover better and more beautiful..

Unfortunately dr chuang has messed up my face proportions.

My eyes are on its own, and look super big, weird and non-asian on my face.

It is way too long. I didn't ask for that.

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 19 Dec 2008

Postby bbabymilo » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 3:56 pm

Edited
Last edited by bbabymilo on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaya_toast
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 02 Jun 2009

Postby kaya_toast » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 5:07 pm

boii18 wrote:I admit there may be still some swelling left.

However, there is no excuse for the removal of fats, and worst, the epicanthoplasty which did not go up to what I wanted.

I told him and drew diagram to tell him I did not want the horizontal dimension of my eyes to increase.

In the past with a head-on photograph, the area between my eyes could fit around 1.3 eyes. Now it can only fit 1.1 eye. The result is a loss of my asian look, which I also told him repeatedly I did not desire at all.

Would epicanthoplasty slack over time, in the sense that the distance between eyes would increase? I think not.

Currently my tear duct is showing too much and my epi is asymmetrical.


Thank you for sharing. Lets hope it will turn out well.

fifipek
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue, 02 Jun 2009

Postby fifipek » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 7:07 pm

takuda wrote:hi fifipek, i think you meant how long my eyes took to heal?

erm, i have to say it very much depends on indivdual and the method you use. i did the full incision ie the worst you can expect (as compared to partial/mini incision etc) For me, i have to say i'm a pretty 'fast' healer (self proclaimed though). I had no bruisings whatsoever, just swelling (aka sausage lids)

1st - 5th day my sausage lid varied in size but from 3rd day onwards i was able to open eyes FULLY though feeling the 'tight' feeling.

After stitch removal on day 5, my wound was pretty much itchy but all was fine and on my way home, i dropped by the supermarket to stock up my orange juice, without anyone staring at me. Was in specs.

Then as the days go by, it got better. People who know me definitely could see the diff but people who didn't know me couldnt realise anything cause there wasn't apparent bruising etc, just mild swelling. (i reckon mild is an overstatement as well) before day 10, it basically looked like..erm..someone who pastes the double eyelid sticker a tad too high but with eyes opened, it was normal looking. oh, my eye lashes were a little like 'more curled' if you get what i mean. other than that, i had no problems.

lastly, to add on why i think i'm a 'fast healer' is cause though i did the full incision (like what dr nara in the other thread does) i dont get the red, purplish brusings posted by other forummers..i didn't take sineech btw. just lotsa orange juice. hope that helps..



hi takuda who u didi ur eyes with?

fifipek
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue, 02 Jun 2009

Postby fifipek » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 7:56 pm

[quote="boii18"]I know its premature to say this but, for many reasons, I am extremely dis-satisfied with dr chuang's eyelid work. My friend too. If you need me to elaborate, I can. He simply does not take your opinions, requirements into consideration and has poor aesthetic taste. I am now disfigured for life because of his work.

(1) I have many times told him I do not want the epi to reduce the distance between my two eyes and he said it can be done that way. But now my eyes are so much closer together, does not fit my look. It looks soo much older, and so much tear duct is showing. Wide-set eyes look youthful and I do not have that look anymore. By measurement and photographs , he has easily reduced 4-5 mm of that distance. I told him I did not want the horizontal length of my eye to increase and he said it can be done. Surely he can't be that deaf to my preference?

(2) The eyelid I asked for was parallel ( and I even told him I did not want tapered-parallel or any other variations ), but what I got was a freak between parallel and tapered, and it appears tapered in many photo shots. And we know how un-natural a high-tapered crease can look.


(3) And I have told him many times not to remove any fat from my eyes as I did not want a hollow look like a dinosaur eyes or Chucky, but he just did that, and even showed me the fats after surgery. Two pieces slightly larger than a 20 cent coin. Just imagine how freaked out I am. My eyes are 100% older, and look so weird and caucasian.

(4) His aesthetic sense is so poor. I look so awkward now especially when I put on big eye enlarging contact lens. I now look non-chinese, like a mix of alien, malay and american. And its ugly.

I can only say that this is the most disfiguring surgery I have ever done. I will never go under the knife again. The risks of coming into a physician again who anyhow does work is scary. It disfigures you and scars you for life. I now have hollow, unnatural old eyes that I did not totally ask for.

Please do not put your eyes under dr chuang. Dr su was kind enough to tell me not to undergo eyelid surgery and I should have went with her opinion. She said my eyes before is 94% and want to reach perfect, she cannot do it. She said alot of girls want my eyes. Now I am 1.5k+ poorer, and so much uglier ( I compared my photos ). Gosh. Plastic surgery is supposed to make u look better and not uglier. This is the only surgery I have so far that make me look uglier. Sighs~~..[/quote


hi do u mind to send me ur before n after pics? to fifipek@hotmail.com

plasticgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Postby plasticgirl » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 9:00 pm

boii18 wrote:Hi bliss,

I hope you recover better and more beautiful..

Unfortunately dr chuang has messed up my face proportions.

My eyes are on its own, and look super big, weird and non-asian on my face.

It is way too long. I didn't ask for that.


Hi Boil 18. I know how it feels when plastic surgery doesn't do what you want.

I was in a state of shock after my epi which I never wanted. I didn't know what it really entails at that time and only got it because my surgeon said it was obstructing vision in one of my eye, and I agreed, stupidly thinking that it won't change anything. I was promised subtle results that will improve my vision.

How much pink are you showing? Is it the entire tear-duct? I think it's quite normal for Asians to show like a little. Mine showed about 2mm or something It's something I'm not quite use to.

But take heart, you can do revisions on epi. I'm not sure who to go to but in Korea, Dr. Park of Ozclinic, Dr. Kim of BK and I know Banobagi (which I wished I have gone to in the first place) does them. You can consult with them. All is not lost! I resorted to looking for Korea because I wanted a revision so bad. But it looks like I won't be needing one now. However, you have to realise that epi reversal will not give u back ur mongolian fold. But it can help. The scarring, though, will be worse than epi itself. That's what I'm told, anyway.

As I heal, I look better and better, and more natural. Without makeup, my new look wins, totally. But I'm still depressed over the difference because I didn't want change. I just want improvement in my eye-sight and eye strains. How long ago have you done yours? Maybe it's the swelling.

For the hollowness, I'm not too sure but some doctors do Fat grafting which I personally feel is quite dangerous. Not sure why. Some doctors do Restalyne injections. They are not permanent solution and I'm unsure about the efficacy. I suggest you consult some of the top plastics here for more options. And try Makemeheal.com

I wish I had stumbled on makemeheal.com before my surgery instead of just listening to my surgeon. I am thankfully not disfigured, just different. I used to be very pretty, and I guess I'll have to get use to a different prettiness? I had unreal expectations that my vision problems and headaches will be solved and my looks won't change at all, or rather, it'll be such a minimal change that no one will know! I was so delusional.


take care,
Plasticgirl

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 9:23 pm

plasticgirl wrote:
boii18 wrote:Hi bliss,

I hope you recover better and more beautiful..

Unfortunately dr chuang has messed up my face proportions.

My eyes are on its own, and look super big, weird and non-asian on my face.

It is way too long. I didn't ask for that.


Hi Boil 18. I know how it feels when plastic surgery doesn't do what you want.

I was in a state of shock after my epi which I never wanted. I didn't know what it really entails at that time and only got it because my surgeon said it was obstructing vision in one of my eye, and I agreed, stupidly thinking that it won't change anything. I was promised subtle results that will improve my vision.

How much pink are you showing? Is it the entire tear-duct? I think it's quite normal for Asians to show like a little. Mine showed about 2mm or something It's something I'm not quite use to.

But take heart, you can do revisions on epi. I'm not sure who to go to but in Korea, Dr. Park of Ozclinic, Dr. Kim of BK and I know Banobagi (which I wished I have gone to in the first place) does them. You can consult with them. All is not lost! I resorted to looking for Korea because I wanted a revision so bad. But it looks like I won't be needing one now. However, you have to realise that epi reversal will not give u back ur mongolian fold. But it can help. The scarring, though, will be worse than epi itself. That's what I'm told, anyway.

As I heal, I look better and better, and more natural. Without makeup, my new look wins, totally. But I'm still depressed over the difference because I didn't want change. I just want improvement in my eye-sight and eye strains. How long ago have you done yours? Maybe it's the swelling.

For the hollowness, I'm not too sure but some doctors do Fat grafting which I personally feel is quite dangerous. Not sure why. Some doctors do Restalyne injections. They are not permanent solution and I'm unsure about the efficacy. I suggest you consult some of the top plastics here for more options. And try Makemeheal.com

I wish I had stumbled on makemeheal.com before my surgery instead of just listening to my surgeon. I am thankfully not disfigured, just different. I used to be very pretty, and I guess I'll have to get use to a different prettiness? I had unreal expectations that my vision problems and headaches will be solved and my looks won't change at all, or rather, it'll be such a minimal change that no one will know! I was so delusional.


take care,
Plasticgirl


Thank you, are you asian too?

I searched for "reverse epicanthoplasty" and I took heart that there is revision, which would cost around 1000 USD. It won't be perfect 100% , but at least it would increase the distance between my eyes again.

This surgeon ( dr chuang of wishclinic ) caused my tear duct to show around 4mm.

I think this is too dramatic for asian. Furthermore, as compared to the phi mask, my eyes are even longer than megan fox's.

To add to that, the epi is not sharp. Sharp epi means that the edge is well-defined. Mine is not, the edge is round and looks ill-defined, showing around 4mm ( length ) and 2mm of tear duct.

That is pretty horrible to me, and I am not used to the non-asian look. After further research, I realised that I am the exception. Most asian celebrities don't have such large and close-set eyes. It would look ill-fitting seriously.

I will just go for the revision after the results 1 year later.

I have emailed dr chuang of wishclinic, but no response. That was a few days back. Please don't ever go to this irresponsible doctor.

plasticgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Reverse Epi

Postby plasticgirl » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 9:42 pm

Wait for the swelling to go down. And for the scars to flatten. I think that'll make the epi more sharp. Mine's not that sharp too. I can show u some pictures of my eye but my left eye was worked on heaps (I have a medical condition) so it's still swollen. The swollenness of the eyelids, i think, will pull the epi skin further away. When all swelling goes down, and internal swelling goes down, maybe the epi will shrink back? Did you do magic epi? I heard Magic Epi results not that remarkable, quite subtle. If you did magic epi, then maybe that's good news?

I don't understand by 4mm, and showing tear duct 2mm... My eyes always have a sharp tear-duct showing, even before epi. After epi, it's like got tear duct showing, just a little more. But I understand what you mean. Front photos my eyes are still more than one eye-width apart. Did you ask for a drastic change?

Don't be too sad. There's more in life than looks. Volunteering helps me get away from my troubles.

hello84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue, 12 Dec 2006
Location: hougang

Postby hello84 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:21 pm

Hi Boi 18,

Remove your implant on your nose and change to small implant such as rib your distance will change.

plasticgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Epi

Postby plasticgirl » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:31 pm

Vivian Hsu's eyes look like one eye length apart. And she's beautiful.
Lin Chiling's eyes are close together. Also beautiful and youthful.
Fann Wong's eyes also one eye length apart.

I measured like tear duct corner to tear duct corner.

Just trying to help you feel better. Maybe it's not as bad as you think.

Yes, I'm Asian. For a while, I thought I looked caucasian and alien. So I know how you feel. My surgeon assured me he only moved my epi by less than 1mm but I think it's still too much. It's been a month. I'm still getting used to it.

plasticgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Hello84

Postby plasticgirl » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:36 pm

I've got your message.

Can you PM me your email? I'm so new here that I don't really have any PM privileges. I can help you with what you need.

PG

plasticgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Reoming implant

Postby plasticgirl » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:37 pm

That's a great idea! Consult with a plastic surgeon, first, boil, to see how you'll look. I didn't know you have an inplant it. The flatness of the bridge also create an illusion of wider apart eyes!

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2009
Location: singapore

Postby angelfern » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:45 pm

Hi all,

My sis went to Dr Jong for her levator & double eyelid surgery, so far so good. Her bruising disappeared on the 5th day, double eyelid fold is still high but i think it's pretty good already.

I agree with blissful09, Dr Jong seems a little rough in his handling of patients as in when he's doing the checking of the eyes, he was instructing my sis to "look up, look down, look at me , look straight etc" all within a single breath.

He speaks like a bullet train when he gives his instructions, before my sis could respond to his first instruction of looking up, he barks "ok, look at me now.. look up... look down etc"

I was quite pissed too, i was like " come on, at least wait for the patient's response to your instruction before u give another"

Other than that, i suppose he's alright.

I was in the room with my sis when she went for consultation. later, I was sitting outside waiting, he called me to the consultation room again to show me how he drew my sis's double eyelid line & was explaining to me that if he do levator & follow my sis's existing natural double eyelid line, the double eyelid fold will appear lower.

We fear that she may not like it so we request doc to draw slighly higher than her existing line.

My sis told me that at the op table, he kept asking her to get up to check the results before he proceeded and she actually told him that she's very worried that he behave this way, but he assured her that he just want to be careful & do well etc.

On the op day, I find that he's more chatty to us, then 4 days later, when we went back to remove stitches, I find that he seems to be in a rush, we showed him the arnica montana gel that we bought from makemeheal, he pointed out that the instruction stated to avoid the eyes but what the hell, she has already applied on her lower eyes for the past few days already.
He was ok when he speaks to his nurse. I suppose his personality is a bit boorish by nature.

We reached taipei on sun evening 20 dec, sis did her eyes on mon 21 dec, removed her stitches on thur 24 dec, we flew back on fri 25 dec.

We had food poisoning on wed 23 dec, could be either the cheese cake that i bought on sun, then left in the hotel's fridge & ate it on tue night or the raw papaya salad we took along the shilin night market back lane.

anyway on wed morning, we started to puke really badly, i've stopped around evening but sis continued to puke till 2am. Whatever meds she took, she couldn't stomach at all. We walked a long way seeking for a western clinic, then walked a long way back to our hotel. The locals drew maps for us & kept telling us it's a short distance, then i realised it's one MRT station apart from the clinic to the hotel. We should have just taken a cab, I don't why we didn't give up & kept walking coz the locals kept saying it's just ahead. We're so sick, maybe affected our common sense too.

We shifted to Wonstar on wed, so i went to Mos burger right beside the hotel, bought burger for myself & soup for her. she threw up the soup a few minutes later, i was so worried as she also threw up the doctor's food poisoning meds & her sineech. I was contemplating to go emergency unit in the hospital at 2am.

when we went to the clinic in the afternoon, the doctor did asked if we wanted injections, i thought it's not serious so told him we just wanted meds. Should have just taken the jabs, at least it'll go into the system quickly. anyway, i had diarrhoea for the next 6 days, sis puked everything out even from her nose, can you imagine??? so she didn't have diarrhoea.

Anyway, the next day, on christmas eve, we showed our meds to Dr Jong, he seems to be in a hurry as it was around 12 pm & he has a op at 1pm. He mentioned that sometimes may not be food poisoning but not used to TW's water & food (???).

First time had food poisoning in our lives & in a foreign country, it's quite an experience. Needless to say, my travel plans are fouled, didn't go to hotspring, sight seeing etc. Didn't dare to eat anything on christmas day till our flight back & I was running a fever when i'm on the plane.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Re: Reverse Epi

Postby boii18 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:17 am

plasticgirl wrote:Wait for the swelling to go down. And for the scars to flatten. I think that'll make the epi more sharp. Mine's not that sharp too. I can show u some pictures of my eye but my left eye was worked on heaps (I have a medical condition) so it's still swollen. The swollenness of the eyelids, i think, will pull the epi skin further away. When all swelling goes down, and internal swelling goes down, maybe the epi will shrink back? Did you do magic epi? I heard Magic Epi results not that remarkable, quite subtle. If you did magic epi, then maybe that's good news?

I don't understand by 4mm, and showing tear duct 2mm... My eyes always have a sharp tear-duct showing, even before epi. After epi, it's like got tear duct showing, just a little more. But I understand what you mean. Front photos my eyes are still more than one eye-width apart. Did you ask for a drastic change?

Don't be too sad. There's more in life than looks. Volunteering helps me get away from my troubles.


Hi, yup I am not too upset. My girlfriend thinks that I look better and more alert now, but my eyes are too girly. I'm fine with the girly part. Length-wise, she feels that if my eyes are shorter it maybe better.. She thinks it makes me look caucasian, or like japanese female porn star.. I dislike the caucasian part of it most of all.

4mm means my tear duct shows that much in terms of length. In the past, it was around 1mm only.

Fann wong and those girls' pictures you mentioned do not have that one eye width in between. Admittedly, the plastic surgery textbooks written in the united states all mention that the ideal is one eye width in between. But as we are asians, its totally different.

In order to comfort everyone, here are some pictures of really large celebrity eyes http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-3 ... eyes/?pg=9

The distance between my eyes is comparable to this, just that my eye is less round-ed. Its longish. http://img231.imageshack.us/i/makihorikita.jpg/

How do I differentiate between me having magic epi or normal epi? I think mine is magic epi, as I have just a 2-3mm scar just below my tear duct. Thats all scarring that I experience.

The epi by all means was not subtle. At least 2-3 mm was removed for me. And I specifically told dr chuang NOT to make my eye longer, or to alter the intercanthal ( tear duct to tear duct ) distance .

The first few days after stitch removal I was almost suicidal. But now I am much more stable.

Yes I volunteer a lot, and I know there is so much to life than looking chinese or looking good.

I did not ask for a drastic change, i specifically told dr chuang of wishclinic.com.tw that I do NOT want the epicanthoplasty to drag my eyes closer together, and that I do NOT want something unnatural, and I do not want any variations of a parallel eyelid but strict parallel, and I do not want any fat removed ( He Happily removed 20 cent size fat and showed me when the operation ended ).

I have emailed him many days ago , and he has not replied anything.

If this continues, he is the most irresponsible doctor, and I will expose him, even if it means my full face picture appearing here to demonstrate my points. I just hate liars.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Re: Reoming implant

Postby boii18 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:18 am

plasticgirl wrote:That's a great idea! Consult with a plastic surgeon, first, boil, to see how you'll look. I didn't know you have an inplant it. The flatness of the bridge also create an illusion of wider apart eyes!


which is why. I have a super high bridge which is above my eyebrows. I actually like it and many surgeons told me I don't have to change it. I think I may go for revisional epicanthoplasty in one year time if it doesn't settle.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests