Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
minnaq
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 16 Sep 2009

Postby minnaq » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 6:24 pm

Hi guys!

I have spent the last few days reading through every single post on this tread! But really glad I did :) Thanks to everyone who posted all those info!!!

I've always wanted a rhinoplasty as my natural nose shape is quite flat and kinda short. As I live is AUS its really hard to find a surgeon who knows how to operate on Asian noses, most of the examples I have seen are quite....well...underwhelming. So I was looking to do it overseas, though I had no idea where. Now that I have read through this thread I am quite sure Taiwan is the place to do it!

I have contacted Dr Kao with quite a few questions so hopefully he can answer them. If everything goes to plan then I hope to do it in mid nov of this year (or latter if he is booked out).

Anyone else going at around that time?

babyangel11
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2009

Postby babyangel11 » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 4:36 am

Blissful09 wrote:How many Calf Reduction suregons are there in Taiwan?
And approx do they charge?????????

Dr Jong charges $4000US quite expensive

is there another doc?

----------------

Also did anyone have a good Double Eyelid surgury and wanna recommend a skilled suregon? Im going to dr hsu for rhinoplasty but im nto sure if he does eyes. I have double eyelids but i have droopy eyelids (contains fat?)



Hi Blissful09,

Are you also looking for surgeons to perform Calves Surgery? Im interested too n from Dr Jong's website, he seems to be good. Do you intend to go to him n if so, when are you planning to do it?

Calves surgery seems to be quite a major surgery n im quite concerned although im tempted to do it but just wonder has anyone done it before n hv problems with walking or movement thereafter?

thanks.

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 19 Dec 2008

Postby bbabymilo » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 1:30 pm

Edited
Last edited by bbabymilo on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

graysnow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun, 08 Mar 2009

Hello

Postby graysnow » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 8:33 pm

Hi

Just wondering anyone happen to be in Taipei now? Want to meet up? I just finished my surgery with Dr Kao. INow, resting and recuperting and it is so boring. Anyone happen to be in Taipei, wanna meet up?

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 2:47 pm

babyangel11 wrote:
Blissful09 wrote:How many Calf Reduction suregons are there in Taiwan?
And approx do they charge?????????

Dr Jong charges $4000US quite expensive

is there another doc?

----------------

Also did anyone have a good Double Eyelid surgury and wanna recommend a skilled suregon? Im going to dr hsu for rhinoplasty but im nto sure if he does eyes. I have double eyelids but i have droopy eyelids (contains fat?)



Hi Blissful09,

Are you also looking for surgeons to perform Calves Surgery? Im interested too n from Dr Jong's website, he seems to be good. Do you intend to go to him n if so, when are you planning to do it?

Calves surgery seems to be quite a major surgery n im quite concerned although im tempted to do it but just wonder has anyone done it before n hv problems with walking or movement thereafter?

thanks.


If you go to the website and scroll down on the calve surgury, theres been ALOT of questions and answers so i suggest to read everything there before anywhere else. I read his WHOLE calf surgury thread and basically answered every question and YES u can walk after done but u need to take it lightly plus no heels, u can also read other questions posted by ppl like us who are interested Dr Jong repsonded to all of them. Opps did i say 4000? I meant he charges 6000... which is WAY to much.. i think korea charges cheaper however i'll be going to Taiwan in December.. and not korea.. so ughh

babyangel11
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2009

Postby babyangel11 » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 9:52 pm

Blissful09 wrote:
babyangel11 wrote:
Blissful09 wrote:How many Calf Reduction suregons are there in Taiwan?
And approx do they charge?????????

Dr Jong charges $4000US quite expensive

is there another doc?

----------------

Also did anyone have a good Double Eyelid surgury and wanna recommend a skilled suregon? Im going to dr hsu for rhinoplasty but im nto sure if he does eyes. I have double eyelids but i have droopy eyelids (contains fat?)



Hi Blissful09,

Are you also looking for surgeons to perform Calves Surgery? Im interested too n from Dr Jong's website, he seems to be good. Do you intend to go to him n if so, when are you planning to do it?

Calves surgery seems to be quite a major surgery n im quite concerned although im tempted to do it but just wonder has anyone done it before n hv problems with walking or movement thereafter?

thanks.


If you go to the website and scroll down on the calve surgury, theres been ALOT of questions and answers so i suggest to read everything there before anywhere else. I read his WHOLE calf surgury thread and basically answered every question and YES u can walk after done but u need to take it lightly plus no heels, u can also read other questions posted by ppl like us who are interested Dr Jong repsonded to all of them. Opps did i say 4000? I meant he charges 6000... which is WAY to much.. i think korea charges cheaper however i'll be going to Taiwan in December.. and not korea.. so ughh



Hi Blissful09,

Yes understand from the Q&A that one could walk fine after the surgery but im thinking of getting feedback or reviews from those who hv undergone this calves surgery with him before, i think that would be better to rely on.

He sounds quite good on his website from his explanation of the surgery. Do you intend to visit him to perform this surgery in Dec?

Cheers.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 5:16 am

^ no i dont think so.... $6000US dollors is quite expensive.
Nvm.. i thought it was overpriced however everywhere whether its taiwan or korea.. its roughly the same price (did more research lol)
in korea they have 4 types of methods to make calves smaller, dr jong only does 2. But 6000 isnt worth it

i dont wanna pay that much is 10 yrs later your leg might grow back, that part of the muscle they cut out is unpredictable, and may grow back by itself, thats probably the most likely thing that can happen, the worse case scenrio (which the percentage is less likey and rare) is disturbance to the muscle, meaning it can get confused and bulged out in unaapropriate places (as u can see in the pictures on his website) there is no way to determine what your legs can do later on since everyone's body is different.
So if its not forever i wouldnt wanna pay that much, but mind you, 10 yrs is a long time anyways.. just as long as breast implants.

ditto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 24 Apr 2009

Postby ditto » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:54 am

schatzie414 wrote:^
Yes, autologous material is supposed to be permanent and will fuse with your nose because it's your own cartilidge but it normally will reduce in size up to 40%. Although I've seen many examples of revisions that were done with rib or ear but it's not as common as silicon or goretex revisions. I don't think it's because it's harder to remove but rather less likely to need revision such as warping.
I'd always go with autologous material, sure it's harder to remove than silicon but if i'm going to get cut open and mess with my nose, I'm only gonna do it once. I don't want to worry about infections or calcifications or pertrutions for the rest of my life and leave a semi flexible implant in my nose just so I can wait for it to get it infected and remove it?!


ive a friend who has done a nose job 3months back, using rib to heighten her bridge and septal for her nose tip..altho the results look not too bad, she's quite affected by the hardness of the nose tip...was pretty keen on this procedure until I heard it from her...the nose tip using septal cartilage is indeed quite hard and unnatural. Would ear cartilage be much softer, and feel almost like the original nose tip? Or would it still be much harder than the original, just softer than septal?

Btw, is it possible to remove the rib and septal afterall if she wants her natural tip back? or is it poss to remove the septal 'covering' from the nose tip and keep the rib bridge? doc is not replying to her email..

she's extremely upset by the hardness of the tip =(

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 5:19 am


ive a friend who has done a nose job 3months back, using rib to heighten her bridge and septal for her nose tip..altho the results look not too bad, she's quite affected by the hardness of the nose tip...was pretty keen on this procedure until I heard it from her...the nose tip using septal cartilage is indeed quite hard and unnatural. Would ear cartilage be much softer, and feel almost like the original nose tip? Or would it still be much harder than the original, just softer than septal?

Btw, is it possible to remove the rib and septal afterall if she wants her natural tip back? or is it poss to remove the septal 'covering' from the nose tip and keep the rib bridge? doc is not replying to her email..

she's extremely upset by the hardness of the tip =(

Any advice would be much appreciated.


Tell her not to worry the nose will look hard and be hard (the doctor should have told her that) it takes about 10months in order for it to go to what its gonna look like, its gonna look nice and better. The problem with ear is that only the first 2 weeks its gonna look nice.. and then it gets fat and weird again (cuz it healed) a girl mentioned before im not sure if its in this thread of the other nose surgury thread she used Ear, and the first 2 weeks it looked like a nice version of Vivian Hsu's nose but after she was suspicious that maybe the ear cartilage got absorbed cuz her nose got fat and round tipped after it healed. Your friend is lucky that its still the way that it is, cuz down the road as it heals it does begin to soften and stuff...sometimes too much.,

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Sun, 27 Sep 2009 1:59 pm

Anyone have Dr Yang OF - http://www.artwood.com.tw/ 's email addresss? i cant read chinese.... ~_~

im gonna bomb him with my situation in english and hopefully he understands me =D

Keegan02
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 29 Sep 2009

Postby Keegan02 » Tue, 29 Sep 2009 4:54 pm

Yes today the medical field has seen an immense growth. Anything is possible through the plastic surgery. But generally the risk may be cells damage by necrosis or damage nerve, to know more about plastic surgery visit http://breastaugflorida.com/

asianflame
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 23 Aug 2009

Postby asianflame » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 12:13 pm

Hi minnaq,

I've been reading this forum for a while but since this is my first post, I wasn't able to pm you (pm function restricted due to insufficient posts).

Would you mind emailing me? I'm also from the Aussie area and have similar concerns!

My email is kiwisamchi@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you!


minnaq wrote:Hi guys!

I have spent the last few days reading through every single post on this tread! But really glad I did :) Thanks to everyone who posted all those info!!!

I've always wanted a rhinoplasty as my natural nose shape is quite flat and kinda short. As I live is AUS its really hard to find a surgeon who knows how to operate on Asian noses, most of the examples I have seen are quite....well...underwhelming. So I was looking to do it overseas, though I had no idea where. Now that I have read through this thread I am quite sure Taiwan is the place to do it!

I have contacted Dr Kao with quite a few questions so hopefully he can answer them. If everything goes to plan then I hope to do it in mid nov of this year (or latter if he is booked out).

Anyone else going at around that time?

asianflame
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 23 Aug 2009

interested in rhino with Dr. Hsu

Postby asianflame » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 8:22 am

Hi feline. eyes

Would you mind sending me an email? I read that you had rib surgery with Dr. Hsu and have read all your posts. I am interested in surgery with Dr. Hsu and would like to ask you some more specific questions.

Thank you so much for sharing your tremendously helpful feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

kiwisamchi@gmail.com

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 19 Dec 2008

Postby bbabymilo » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 8:34 pm

Edited
Last edited by bbabymilo on Mon, 07 Dec 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2009
Location: singapore

Postby angelfern » Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:01 am

Hi all,
I'll be accomapanying my sis to Dr Jong's for levator & double eyelid surgery in dec. Will be staying in TS hotel in Ximenting. What's the most convenient way to his clinic? by mrt or taxi? How long does it take to look natural & back to work? Tks!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest