Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 2:27 am

^ i dont wanna keep injecting GA in my body each week i thought there is a way u can stay awake but just be numbed?? or is that more dangerous?


Also TOTALLY different question

anyone know if DR Hsu's charge is including hospital stay? i heard for those who do rib cart you are needed to stay over night. If this is true can someone elt me know so i can arrange my hotel date differently

User avatar
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Postby feline.eyes » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 4:23 am

Blissful09 wrote:^ i dont wanna keep injecting GA in my body each week i thought there is a way u can stay awake but just be numbed?? or is that more dangerous?


Also TOTALLY different question

anyone know if DR Hsu's charge is including hospital stay? i heard for those who do rib cart you are needed to stay over night. If this is true can someone elt me know so i can arrange my hotel date differently


You can choose deep sleep, again you have to consult with each individual doctor for all available options. (from what I know, it is uncommon for doctors to put you under GA for blepharoplasty or other minor surgeries. but it is definite that you have to be put under for rib cartilage extraction)

Price includes stay.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 3:37 pm

^u stayed over night in dr hsu's hospital?

ok thank u for letting me know i totally didnt know that.. will he give me a ice pack to keep??? or should i bring my own? ( i bought a cute pink one do i bring it with me and keep it in the lockers?)


oh this is gonna sound quite funny... but... what time do they kick u out of the hospital the next day? when u wake up yourself u can leave around noon time? or will they wake u up and give u breakfast and then u have to leave?

what was your total cost (did u have to pay more then $100US for fees?)
do i make two payments? one on the day of consultation and second one after surgury?

did he give u anything when u got your stitches removed?
(cuz im leaving and getting it removed somewhere else, so i wanna know if i get fee reduced or if he will give me something ahead of time to use after surgury) dr kao will be removing my stitches after a week cuz im going to taipei.

User avatar
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Postby feline.eyes » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 7:22 pm

Blissful09 wrote:^u stayed over night in dr hsu's hospital?

ok thank u for letting me know i totally didnt know that.. will he give me a ice pack to keep??? or should i bring my own? ( i bought a cute pink one do i bring it with me and keep it in the lockers?)


oh this is gonna sound quite funny... but... what time do they kick u out of the hospital the next day? when u wake up yourself u can leave around noon time? or will they wake u up and give u breakfast and then u have to leave?

what was your total cost (did u have to pay more then $100US for fees?)
do i make two payments? one on the day of consultation and second one after surgury?

did he give u anything when u got your stitches removed?
(cuz im leaving and getting it removed somewhere else, so i wanna know if i get fee reduced or if he will give me something ahead of time to use after surgury) dr kao will be removing my stitches after a week cuz im going to taipei.


Everyone had to after a rib cartilage extraction; you can hardly move after... Didn't you correspond with him? A lot of the things you asked should be known to you... Anyway please try to read through my earlier post, there should be some things that might interest you. And a lot of other have posted their experience here too. And ply your doctor with any questions you need answered; they are kind of obliged to answer your queries.

Ice packs are available at the hospital but bring yours, you will need your personal ice pack when you move to your hostel.

If you are with Dr Hsu, I believe it is two nights, not one. As for the time, confirmed with your doctor. Hospital food will be provided during your stay.

You pay all your fees upfront before the operation.

You will get your drug cocktail before you check out, all included in the fees. If you choose to go somewhere else to remove them, the onus is on you. I don't believe such a small procedure omission will result in any discount, but you now what? I don't think any forumers here would know though, you really should be checking with your doctors. You sound like you don't have a firm grasp of the procedures, schedule and timing; I think you need to ask your doctors for the comprehensive break down of all the things you need to have and will be given, while you are with them. You are their patient and they have to humour all your requests and queries.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

rememberme123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 30 Dec 2008

Postby rememberme123 » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 2:42 pm

How long did the girls who had rib implants put in have to wait
before they could use a saline rinse to clean the inside of their
noses?

Could anyone with relevant experience please help out? I am asking on behalf of my friend.

lushes
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 23 Aug 2009

Postby lushes » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 4:44 pm

Hi girls , has anyone of you heard of any surgery that could reduce the size of your mouth?? You see I had a mouth like Jolin Tsai... so u can actually imagine how big it is -__-

I understand that lip reduction only reduces the thickness of our lips not the size of our mouth... I am really helpless now and I would like your personal opinions.......But angelababy`s mouth used to be big too.. and look at her now...WOW!! I wondered wth she did to her mouth...

Gbaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 05 Jun 2009

Postby Gbaby » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 5:36 pm

Hi sorry to those who PMed me, i'm not able to reply cos i have not have enough post to PM.

But abt the Artwood clinic, the Dr is able to explain to me very clearly abt the eyelid procedures and stuffs but he suggest that i had levator surgery and epi but infact i think i love the way my eye looks (dreamy kind) i think i do not need it cos i don wanna dramatically change my eyes to look like a doll.

Instead i email Dr Jong from Lil-Ren, he said that i only need to lower the eyelid folds. Quite surprise the Artwood Dr. suggest so many procedures.
Last edited by Gbaby on Thu, 27 Aug 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gbaby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 05 Jun 2009

Postby Gbaby » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 6:03 pm

Pinkyice wrote:I just had eyelash implants about two weeks ago with Dr Jong of Lih-Ren Clinic in Taipei. I also did double eyelid revision and levator surgery, so in total 3 surgeries with him on the same day.

Reached his clinic at 9am (they usually open only from 10pm but made an exception for me as I was having multiple surgeries).
Dr Jong did double eyelid revision and levator surgery for me first and after that, he removed hair from the back of my head to use for my eyelash implants. I was then wheeled off to rest for a while before I can go off for my lunch.
I had to return about 2 hours later for my eyelash implants surgery.

The whole implant surgery was done under local anesthesia (same with double eyelid and levator surgery) but unlike them, eyelash implants hurts a lot...a fcuking lot.
I have a high pain threshold (this coming from someone who fell alseep during her eyebrow embroidery) but I was literally crying throughout the surgery.
Dr Jong kept injecting more anesthesia for me (until he reached the maximum) and also a mild tranquilizer shot for me on my arm but it was still so painful that I kept muttering expletives under my breath. :oops:
If I had known beforhand that it was gonna be this painful, I won't choose to have this surgery at all (the nurse did say that I was an exception to have felt so much pain during the surgery).

My implanted eyelashes are really long now but they aren't thick as I have fine hair so they aren't very noticeable (I think they will look really pretty if I perm them and apply thickening mascara).
I had eyelash extensions before and frankly, they look better and are pain free. But having said that and gone through the surgery, I will have to say I am happy with the result and goodbye to all pricey eyelash serums.


Hi Pinkyice, how are you alrdy? Hope you are recovering well.

How long does all these procedures last? If i remember is this ur second trip to Dr Jong?

I will be going to see Dr Jong this year end for revision, can u advise me what i should bring or do before surgery (Pictures?)? Is he very serious in person?

Btw, since u had a no. of surgery for the eyelid alrdy, does the skin of the eyelid enough to close up the eyes? Does your eyes have like "kai fang shi" eyelid? Meaning the crease at the inner going outwards not taperd.

Sorry for asking so much questions. I abit kiasu. hee...

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Fri, 28 Aug 2009 3:06 am

lushes wrote:Hi girls , has anyone of you heard of any surgery that could reduce the size of your mouth?? You see I had a mouth like Jolin Tsai... so u can actually imagine how big it is -__-

I understand that lip reduction only reduces the thickness of our lips not the size of our mouth... I am really helpless now and I would like your personal opinions.......But angelababy`s mouth used to be big too.. and look at her now...WOW!! I wondered wth she did to her mouth...


Well judging by there childhood pictures jolin(looks hideous) but yes her mouth was still wide, Angelababy looks the same as a child however during her puberty yrs she had braces. The big mouth is by the mouth not the lips. Its the line distance betwen your mouth. I actually heard that is a excerise thing u can use, hope this helps! http://media.photobucket.com/image/taiw ... 310x31.jpg

lushes
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 23 Aug 2009

Postby lushes » Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:05 am

Blissful09 wrote:
lushes wrote:Hi girls , has anyone of you heard of any surgery that could reduce the size of your mouth?? You see I had a mouth like Jolin Tsai... so u can actually imagine how big it is -__-

I understand that lip reduction only reduces the thickness of our lips not the size of our mouth... I am really helpless now and I would like your personal opinions.......But angelababy`s mouth used to be big too.. and look at her now...WOW!! I wondered wth she did to her mouth...


Well judging by there childhood pictures jolin(looks hideous) but yes her mouth was still wide, Angelababy looks the same as a child however during her puberty yrs she had braces. The big mouth is by the mouth not the lips. Its the line distance betwen your mouth. I actually heard that is a excerise thing u can use, hope this helps! http://media.photobucket.com/image/taiw ... 310x31.jpg







Thanks a lot bliss, for the info^^..... yeah i know big mouths are a pain in the arse...... :mad: wondering who the hell did ps for angelababy???? Some sources says that she had them done in HK by Dr.Reborn, so i`ll be checkin em out soon :).........if this couldnt help too i guess i`ll have to stay miserable forever...haha

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Sat, 29 Aug 2009 8:57 am

Oh yeah this is not angelababy she already confirmed it, its another girl. Someone was spreading rumors that it was her and janice man but its not. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eB4emSx6Imk/S ... lababy.jpg

But this one she admit IS her during her braces days without makeup
http://img.youtube.com/vi/DMY1gPJZJGI/0.jpg (YIKES!!! talk about a bad picture)
Well i dont think u should look for a suregon to look like angelababy cuz it will never work out, she has part white in her. And no offense but.. i dont think there is such thing as mouth reduction. Thats wayyyy so hard for a suregon to do, but have you tried braces liek angelababy? Im not sure if it changes the size of your mouth but it changes your jawstructure i know this cuz i had Braces WITH elastics. You should research on it. (so if u have crooked teeth i really think u should do this!) I had to where the elastics and what it does is it pulls your jawline forward and changes your face shape. I was a hideous around 12-14 after i took the braces off i had a really nice faceshape too. My head head was no longer like a round perfect circle lol! =D

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Sat, 29 Aug 2009 3:58 pm

Hi guys


My question is

Has anyone ever done double eyelid surgury when you ALREADY had double eyelids?

Did u like it better before or better after surgury?
Im worried cuz i read alot of ppl dislike it after and regret doing it cuz it looks "hollow" now?

shinangel
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2009
Location: Brussels Belgium

Postby shinangel » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:18 am

sheep wrote:hi planning for a date with dr kao end nov. anyone girls going?

i intend to stay for 3 days and leave. anyone done this?


Yo there!


I'd prolly go to Taiwan in November as well! But I'd like to stay about 2 weeks for full recovery and in case there are complications...

shinangel
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2009
Location: Brussels Belgium

Postby shinangel » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:23 am

littlestitchgirl wrote:Hi Sheep,

I see. mmm. thats abit odd.

Remembered reading from somewhere else that he mentioned its best to stay at least 2 weeks. But just remember, if anything happens, (of cos I sincerely hope it wont) usually specialist will revert you back to the PS who did the surgery for you which means u might have to fly back for post-treatment. Just a consideration yah? :)

I emailed both doctors,based on their reply, I preferred Dr Kao. However, looking at their work, I prefer Dr Hsu's "style" and eye for beauty. BUT i've done quite abit of research, and happened to come across some negative reviews about them, so now im researching on Korea too, meantime im holding back to reconsider seriously.

Right now, if im going ahead, im deciding to go in late Oct, Nov or Dec depending if I can find company too.


Hi Littlestitch!

I also consider to go to Taiwan around November. If you don't mind, we could team up together? Btw, do you speak Chinese? As I know Japanese, I can only recognize a few Taiwanese characters, but I wouldn't understand a clue of spoken Taiwanese/Mandarin/Cantonese.

shinangel
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2009
Location: Brussels Belgium

Postby shinangel » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:36 am

missuglynose wrote:
littlestitchgirl wrote:Babe, when are you intending to do the nose surgery with Dr Kao?
Am looking for company. :)


Hi littlestitchgirl :)

Currently looking at November/December, but depends on my work schedule. I'm planning to stay with a friend, but since she's working on weekdays it would be great to have companionship to suffer the bruising and post-surgery depression together :lol:


Hi Missuglynose!

I am considering to go around November.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests