Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ahshake86
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008

eyelid and inner eye opening

Postby ahshake86 » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:00 pm

can anyone recommend best dr for these

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 9:25 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can i have a few ppl who have done rhino please give me a list of what i should buy/use before/after surgery? Make me a list of what i need to buy before going to Taiwan...and things that will already coem with my surgery.. like the stuff the doctor will automatically give to you later.
So far... im gonna buy polysporin for my nose.. and i only know the doctor will give a cold compress pack. Can someone help with my list so that i know what to buy and what will already be given to me by the doctor?

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 5:06 pm

Blissful09 wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can i have a few ppl who have done rhino please give me a list of what i should buy/use before/after surgery? Make me a list of what i need to buy before going to Taiwan...and things that will already coem with my surgery.. like the stuff the doctor will automatically give to you later.
So far... im gonna buy polysporin for my nose.. and i only know the doctor will give a cold compress pack. Can someone help with my list so that i know what to buy and what will already be given to me by the doctor?


1) Lots of Q-Tips
2) Vit C
3) Facial wipes
4) Sinnech (optional)
5) Anti Scar Gel (U can check with Dr Kao as mention by Jessi earlier that his hospital is selling)

Medications that will be provided by Dr Kao

1) Nasal Spray
2) Medicated cream for rhino wound
3) Hydrogen Peroxide Solution

As for the cold pack gel, hv u check with dr kao whether will he be providing u one to bring back?

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 2:41 am

^ is the vitamin C chewable? like the hard kind?
So we are allowed to take vitamins AFTER surgery but not 2 weeks before surgery is that correct?

it would be bazarre if the doctor wouldnt give me a free cold compress pack... lol

the stuff is quite cheaper in taiwan then in North America right? might as well wait until im there and buy it all? Or bring them from home? Any suggestions?

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:23 pm

Blissful09 wrote:^ is the vitamin C chewable? like the hard kind?
So we are allowed to take vitamins AFTER surgery but not 2 weeks before surgery is that correct?

it would be bazarre if the doctor wouldnt give me a free cold compress pack... lol

the stuff is quite cheaper in taiwan then in North America right? might as well wait until im there and buy it all? Or bring them from home? Any suggestions?


my vit C is in pill form (hard type). taking vit C after surgery is definitely ok but 2 weeks before im not sure. as for me, i never stop my vit C intake at all. perhaps anyone can advise on this? o.O

does all doc give a free cold pack? geez.. im didn't know that. coz dr kao wanted the nurse to let me bring back one & the nurse seems reluctant saying hospital don't provide blah blah blah & they debate for a short while & dr kao insisted tat she let me bring back & shut her off. :lol:

wat kinda stuffs r u talkin abt?

graysnow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun, 08 Mar 2009

Postby graysnow » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:05 pm

Hi all

I would like to check with you guys how do u pay for the surgery with Dr Kao? By credit card or cash? I am going to Taiwan for surgery with Dr Kao during the first week of May. I am having my nose and eye surgery ops with him. As the date draws nearer, I am getting more and more excited. Anybody will be there during the first week of May? Want to meet up? By the way, I am a guy and was wondering if any guy out there has double eyelid surgery performed by Dr Kao. During my email consultation with him, he told me that he performed double eyelid surgery as well. However, from the forum, I found out that most of them actually went to Dr Chuang or Dr Su for their double eyelid surgery.

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 02 Jul 2007

Postby Ms Juice » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:33 am

graysnow wrote:Hi all

I would like to check with you guys how do u pay for the surgery with Dr Kao? By credit card or cash? I am going to Taiwan for surgery with Dr Kao during the first week of May. I am having my nose and eye surgery ops with him. As the date draws nearer, I am getting more and more excited. Anybody will be there during the first week of May? Want to meet up? By the way, I am a guy and was wondering if any guy out there has double eyelid surgery performed by Dr Kao. During my email consultation with him, he told me that he performed double eyelid surgery as well. However, from the forum, I found out that most of them actually went to Dr Chuang or Dr Su for their double eyelid surgery.



I emailed him and he told me the same about eyes too. But apparently will b done by another doctor whom he said tat that surgeon is very gd wif dbl eyelid surgery.
Im going to see Dr Kao during the 2nd week of may, will be doing eyes too.
Will decide between Dr Chuang or the doctor kao recommend....
Going with a few other forumers too..

Anyone has done levator surgery before?The nurse told me the eyes will be abit 'diao diao' for few months, just wondering how bad will it be.
Anyone can advice?
Thanks

User avatar
Lacey
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu, 02 Apr 2009

Postby Lacey » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:11 am

I am considering sitching method instead of cutting now. I am a bit scared. =P

Anyone tried Dr Yang? ( http://www.hi-pretty.com )

She got the Same eyes as me: http://www.hi-pretty.com/beautycase/cas ... 001658&p=1
Last edited by Lacey on Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jessicat
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby jessicat » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:58 am

Ms Juice wrote:
graysnow wrote:Hi all

I would like to check with you guys how do u pay for the surgery with Dr Kao? By credit card or cash? I am going to Taiwan for surgery with Dr Kao during the first week of May. I am having my nose and eye surgery ops with him. As the date draws nearer, I am getting more and more excited. Anybody will be there during the first week of May? Want to meet up? By the way, I am a guy and was wondering if any guy out there has double eyelid surgery performed by Dr Kao. During my email consultation with him, he told me that he performed double eyelid surgery as well. However, from the forum, I found out that most of them actually went to Dr Chuang or Dr Su for their double eyelid surgery.



I emailed him and he told me the same about eyes too. But apparently will b done by another doctor whom he said tat that surgeon is very gd wif dbl eyelid surgery.
Im going to see Dr Kao during the 2nd week of may, will be doing eyes too.
Will decide between Dr Chuang or the doctor kao recommend....
Going with a few other forumers too..

Anyone has done levator surgery before?The nurse told me the eyes will be abit 'diao diao' for few months, just wondering how bad will it be.
Anyone can advice?
Thanks



Hi Juice,


You're right! Dr kao does not do double eyelid... The doctor tat Dr Kao is going to recommed u is a Doctor( I think is Dr Chen mu er) tat Dr Chuang went under study by him when he is in Tri-Service General Hospital(三軍總醫院)... :)

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 02 Jul 2007

Postby Ms Juice » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:19 pm

jessicat wrote:
Ms Juice wrote:
graysnow wrote:Hi all

I would like to check with you guys how do u pay for the surgery with Dr Kao? By credit card or cash? I am going to Taiwan for surgery with Dr Kao during the first week of May. I am having my nose and eye surgery ops with him. As the date draws nearer, I am getting more and more excited. Anybody will be there during the first week of May? Want to meet up? By the way, I am a guy and was wondering if any guy out there has double eyelid surgery performed by Dr Kao. During my email consultation with him, he told me that he performed double eyelid surgery as well. However, from the forum, I found out that most of them actually went to Dr Chuang or Dr Su for their double eyelid surgery.



I emailed him and he told me the same about eyes too. But apparently will b done by another doctor whom he said tat that surgeon is very gd wif dbl eyelid surgery.
Im going to see Dr Kao during the 2nd week of may, will be doing eyes too.
Will decide between Dr Chuang or the doctor kao recommend....
Going with a few other forumers too..

Anyone has done levator surgery before?The nurse told me the eyes will be abit 'diao diao' for few months, just wondering how bad will it be.
Anyone can advice?
Thanks



Hi Juice,


You're right! Dr kao does not do double eyelid... The doctor tat Dr Kao is going to recommed u is a Doctor( I think is Dr Chen mu er) tat Dr Chuang went under study by him when he is in Tri-Service General Hospital(三軍總醫院)... :)


yep Dr Chen. Wonderin if he's real gd.. cos Dr kao quote the price for dbl eyelid is very cheap..

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:05 pm

Ms Juice wrote:
jessicat wrote:
Ms Juice wrote:
graysnow wrote:Hi all

I would like to check with you guys how do u pay for the surgery with Dr Kao? By credit card or cash? I am going to Taiwan for surgery with Dr Kao during the first week of May. I am having my nose and eye surgery ops with him. As the date draws nearer, I am getting more and more excited. Anybody will be there during the first week of May? Want to meet up? By the way, I am a guy and was wondering if any guy out there has double eyelid surgery performed by Dr Kao. During my email consultation with him, he told me that he performed double eyelid surgery as well. However, from the forum, I found out that most of them actually went to Dr Chuang or Dr Su for their double eyelid surgery.



I emailed him and he told me the same about eyes too. But apparently will b done by another doctor whom he said tat that surgeon is very gd wif dbl eyelid surgery.
Im going to see Dr Kao during the 2nd week of may, will be doing eyes too.
Will decide between Dr Chuang or the doctor kao recommend....
Going with a few other forumers too..

Anyone has done levator surgery before?The nurse told me the eyes will be abit 'diao diao' for few months, just wondering how bad will it be.
Anyone can advice?
Thanks



Hi Juice,


You're right! Dr kao does not do double eyelid... The doctor tat Dr Kao is going to recommed u is a Doctor( I think is Dr Chen mu er) tat Dr Chuang went under study by him when he is in Tri-Service General Hospital(三軍總醫院)... :)


yep Dr Chen. Wonderin if he's real gd.. cos Dr kao quote the price for dbl eyelid is very cheap..


can reveal the price? will u be doing epi and levator as well?
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 7:16 am

graysnow wrote:Hi all

I would like to check with you guys how do u pay for the surgery with Dr Kao? By credit card or cash? I am going to Taiwan for surgery with Dr Kao during the first week of May. I am having my nose and eye surgery ops with him. As the date draws nearer, I am getting more and more excited. Anybody will be there during the first week of May? Want to meet up? By the way, I am a guy and was wondering if any guy out there has double eyelid surgery performed by Dr Kao. During my email consultation with him, he told me that he performed double eyelid surgery as well. However, from the forum, I found out that most of them actually went to Dr Chuang or Dr Su for their double eyelid surgery.


I also wanna know if i should carry around thosands of dollors in cash... i think most ppl use credit card.... much MUCH more save. I wanna use debit but i dont think u can since the amount is much too high...


BTW i really wanna know something. Doctors do not provide the cold compress ice pack..... Im wondering when u buy your own.. where do u keep it? Since in the hotel they do not have refrigorator in the room..?

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 5:03 pm

Don't try to scrimp and save on the eyes cos it's not going to be worth it if the result is lousy. Not to mention its much harder to do revision for dbl eyelids compared to nose or other parts.

omega
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 10 Dec 2008

Postby omega » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 5:34 pm

Blissful09 wrote:
graysnow wrote:Hi all

I would like to check with you guys how do u pay for the surgery with Dr Kao? By credit card or cash? I am going to Taiwan for surgery with Dr Kao during the first week of May. I am having my nose and eye surgery ops with him. As the date draws nearer, I am getting more and more excited. Anybody will be there during the first week of May? Want to meet up? By the way, I am a guy and was wondering if any guy out there has double eyelid surgery performed by Dr Kao. During my email consultation with him, he told me that he performed double eyelid surgery as well. However, from the forum, I found out that most of them actually went to Dr Chuang or Dr Su for their double eyelid surgery.


I also wanna know if i should carry around thosands of dollors in cash... i think most ppl use credit card.... much MUCH more save. I wanna use debit but i dont think u can since the amount is much too high...


BTW i really wanna know something. Doctors do not provide the cold compress ice pack..... Im wondering when u buy your own.. where do u keep it? Since in the hotel they do not have refrigorator in the room..?



Hi Blissful

Just go and apply to up your daily withdrawal limit
There are plenty of ATMs in Taiwan, each transaction cost me 5 SGD and the max you can draw each time is 20000 NTD, i can withdraw 100000 NTD in a day as a max limit
Icepack just ask the ward nurse to give you one, at least Kangning hospital does

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu, 26 Mar 2009

Postby Blissful09 » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 8:06 am

i know but, even if you have a cold compress...
when you bring it to your hotel it will eventually stop being cold right..
so do i just keep getting a new one? Are there refrigarator's in hotels?
Did u guys use same one for a entire week? it cant be cold forever.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests