Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
milk~
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 04 Dec 2008

Postby milk~ » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 7:34 am

Hi, I will be going to Dr Hsieh on 09 -20 July. Anybody wanna go together?

cupcakez wrote:
Summer18 wrote:Hi cupcakez..i might be going to taiwan on early may. which doc are you planning to go?


I'll be going to see Dr Chuang, wanna meet up?

tobehunk
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri, 26 Sep 2008

Postby tobehunk » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 3:10 pm

[quote="mikko_baby80"]25th Feb (Consultation Day)
The day hv finally come for me to meet Dr Kao face to face. Quite a few patients were waiting outside his room. After an hr has passed, finally the nurse called my name. Feeling somehow excited, I walked into the room. Dr Kao looked much younger than I thought. I asked a few post op care questions & we discussed into details what kind of nose I wanted. He asked if there's any ideal celebrity nose that I wanted. Happily took out my mobile & shown him the pic. He said result achievable by using rib & ear cartilage. I was quite reluctant to use bone graft for fear it might warp overtime. Dr Kao says chances of warping is as low as 2% & so far he seldom encounter warping cases. He continued to explain for my case, if just plainly an alar reduction, the result will not be fantastic. With his reassurance, I decided to go ahead with what he had advised.

27th Feb (Surgery Day)
Reached Kang Ning Hospital at abt 930am. Finished my 'check in' procedure & went for X-ray & blood test. After those test, the nurse directed me to my bed & I changed into my surgery robe. Shortly the nurse came in & put me on drip. I lie on the bed (feeling like a pig waiting to be butchered). Fortunately my fren was beside me to chit chat with, kinda ease my tension. Abt 1+pm, the nurse came in & say its time. They pushed my bed into the op ward. Dr Kao had a final discussion with me explaining what procedure he will be doing. He showed me a few celebrities & other gals photo offering me more options. After mutual agreement, the op is abt to start. Oh god, I was feeling even more nervous. Suddenly thousands of fear came floating into my mind. Will I be able to wake up? Will I be in terrible pain when i wake up? bleh.. Then Dr Kao came over chat with me for awhile & the nurse joined in the chat. The anesthesia effect came in very fast & I fell into a deep sleep. Few hrs later, when I woke up, I was bck in my ward. Dr Kao asked how I was feeling & whether am I in pain. I don't feel any pain yet probably anesthetic effect hv not wear off. I asked him what time was it & he replied 6+ & feeling drowsy, I felt asleep again. Abt 9+, my fren came & I woke up. I felt the pain slowly coming, especially when I tried to move, the pain fr the rib part was wicked. Throat feeling damn dry & pain too but I still couldn't drink yet. Nose feeling sore & slight bleeding. Going to the toilet is really a big challenge but luckily the toilet was juz a few steps fr my bed *thank god*. The moment I pull myself up fr the bed, it felt as if the rib wound is tearing me apart. I mastered a method of getting up fr the bed without much pain. The trick is the use both hand & place it at the back of your knee & rock urself up fr the bed so that the rib wound will not stretch too badly. First 3 days is the toughest. On day 3, my eyes were swollen & I looked gruesome. Don't even wanna look at the mirror. My appetite was quite good. I ate a lot & sleep a lot. On 4th day onwards I was getting beta & beta each day. Able to go out for short walk & dinner with a mask on the face. On day 7, went bck to hospital to hv my stitches removed. Quite painful but still bearable. I still hv a thread in my nose which can't be remove yet. Dr Kao says some stitches are difficult to remove bcoz my nose is still quite swollen. He tried to remove it but it was too painful so he stopped. He says after sometime when my nose de-swell, I can remove it myself & tell me to email me if i encounter any problems. For the first few days, I hated my nose, I find it still quite big & look like a pig's nose. Dr Kao only used rib cartilage for my case. Sadly I told him that I still find my nose quite bulbous, he explained that he did not narrow the width of my nose is bcoz he take into consideration of my face shape (being sharp & long), a too small nose will not suit my face. He says im swelling a lot & assured me that my bridge & tip will de swell much more. 13days hv passed, my nose is not so swollen but I hope it will continue to de swell more. I'm glad that I chose Dr Kao, he is indeed a very professional & attentive doc. On my discharge day, I asked if I can bath & he said can. Then he told the nurse to let me bring bck a cold pad & some plaster to change in case if it gets wet. The nurse sounded reluctant but Dr Kao insisted. I'm getting to like my new nose more & most impt the detestable 'Chao Tian Pi' is gone! I will post my photo up after my nose totally de swell.

wah.... mikko... love love love ur post!! very detailed... very good!! i so scared abt the rib graft thing... need to talk to dr kao abt it la....

pls pls... keep us all updated with ur healing process and experiences... every single moment of it!!

get well fast and good!!
big smiles!!

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 5:31 pm

tobehunk wrote:
wah.... mikko... love love love ur post!! very detailed... very good!! i so scared abt the rib graft thing... need to talk to dr kao abt it la....

pls pls... keep us all updated with ur healing process and experiences... every single moment of it!!

get well fast and good!!
big smiles!!


hahaa.. i was afraid my post could be too lengthy & annoying. lol.. rest assured tat i'll update further if i do show any improvement. dun be too worried over the rib thingy, its really bearable (survive the first 3days & u'll do juz fine). :wink: thxs for ur well wishing & gd luck to u too~ :D

Summer18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 12 Mar 2009

Postby Summer18 » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 8:21 pm

cupcakez wrote:
Summer18 wrote:Hi cupcakez..i might be going to taiwan on early may. which doc are you planning to go?


I'll be going to see Dr Chuang, wanna meet up?


Unfortunately, i'm not from singapore. wanna talk in msn?
I'm planning to do my eyelid surgery with dr chuang but still waiting for his email. What do you plan to do with him?

cupcakez
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri, 02 Jan 2009

Postby cupcakez » Tue, 17 Mar 2009 1:38 pm

Summer18 wrote:
cupcakez wrote:
Summer18 wrote:Hi cupcakez..i might be going to taiwan on early may. which doc are you planning to go?


I'll be going to see Dr Chuang, wanna meet up?


Unfortunately, i'm not from singapore. wanna talk in msn?
I'm planning to do my eyelid surgery with dr chuang but still waiting for his email. What do you plan to do with him?


I'm not from Singapore either. I meant meet up in Taipei.

theperfectjob
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 19 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby theperfectjob » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:47 am

Hi all, this is my first time posting although I've been reading this forum esp this thread for months!

First of all I would like to thank you all for providing lotsa very useful information to all the first timers who wanted to look better or more beautiful.

Let me share my first PS experience with all forumers here too.

Initially was contemplating to go to Dr Nara to do the rhinoplasty but after reading through the PS threads I decided to do my rhinoplastry with Dr Kao.

Did consultation and made appointment with Dr Kao through emails. Response was slow but after meeting him you'll get to understand as his schedule is always so tight and he can only reply our mails when he gets home late at night.

Met him on 13 Feb a Friday (oh now then i realise it's Fri the 13th!!!) which he gave me and my gf suggestions on how the procedure would be like. For myself he felt that i should do rhino as i have a very flat nose, do the tip and alar cos my nose widens a lot when i smile. 16th Feb 7am Surgery Day. My 2 other friends were wif me (thank god). Was never nervous till the nurse ask me to sit near the operating theatre, you'll see lots of doctors, nurses in robes and an open view of the OT... fainted... A very helpful nurse brought me in to change into the surgery robe and walked in the OT. Imagine walking into the operating theatre yourself :o but once i'm inside everyone were so friendly. There were at least 7 to 8 other doctors and nurses inside. They were asking why did you decide to do your noses and joking around (think they know i'm damn bladdy nervous)... While I'm lying on the OT bed, Dr Kao went on to show me pics of noses that i think I preferred, after choosing, i can feel myself drifting to sleep. Was telling Dr Kao, I leave it in his good hands lol.

Really woke up at around 8pm and was looking around for my other gf. She's still not back in the ward yet. I wouldn't say it's very painful when I get up, or perhaps it's only the first time when you get out of bed. Just have to lean sideways and use your left hand to push yourself up or get the nurse to help you for the first time. The nurses at the San Zhong Hospital was very helpful. Don't feel pain at the nose or ears except discomfort at the rib area. I was walking around looking for my bag that night lol. Dr Kao came at around 11pm to check on me. Saying everyone was saying I looked so different with this nose. He also told me my gf was still in the observation ward and will be back shortly. Was still feeling groggy so i continued sleeping after he left. My gf was being pushed back to the ward around 11+pm. She was awake and she was able to get out of bed and walk to the loo as well.

Was discharge at around 5pm the next day. I would say our recovery had been smooth. Just have to clean your wound area twice or thrice everyday, initially the nose will be blocked very often but just use the nasal block spray Dr Kao had prescribe and it'll be fine. Eat the antibiotics on time. Dr Kao had also recommend Wu Gong Cao and said that it'll help to reduce swelling... If you do not dare to drink chinese medicine you can buy some rock sugar to add into it... Rock sugar also have cooling effect for your body. We drank it for a week. Initally like what Mikko baby had said, our noses were tooooooo BIG for our liking but after a month or so it had reduce swelling to an acceptable size.

Think my bridge had already deswell and only left the tip which is still quite swollen. Back here, friends were commenting i looked soooo much better. Some said they wouldn't recognise me if they were to bump into me on the streets and ppl who said that had actually known me for at least 10 yrs... OMG couldn't really believe what they were saying until one fine day a friend of mine was standing just beside me. Was about to talk to her when she started taking out her phone so not wanting to be rude i waited before i call out to her. My phone started ringing and it was her, i looked at her "Call me for what?!?!" you know her reply to me was I wanted to make sure it is you!

Guys seriously PS is not a big deal after going through it and for those who is afraid of the pain, i assure you, the pain is throughly bearable. Comparing the rhinoplasty pain and extracting out the wisdom tooth, i rather do another rhinoplasty SERIOUSLY!

Hope this helps!

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 9:51 pm

hi theperfectjob,

thanks for sharing ur experience. the gd thing abt the nursing staffs in the OT is tat they are all super friendly & kinda calms pple like us down especially when the op is going to start in the next min. are u satisfied with ur nose & how abt ur gf? tmr will be my 3rd week post op, my tip had de swell quite a lot & bridge gone down slightly (my frenz r saying more natural). but my alar still seems to be swollen. I certainly hope it'll de swell more at the alar. ur fren is so funnie!! hahahaaaa.. still need to call u to cfm! i can imagine how different u r after ur rhino. yeah i absolutely agree with u tat rhino pain is indeed not as pain as we thought (only first few days suxs). wishing u & ur gf speedy recovery~ :D

jessicat
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby jessicat » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:25 am

Hi everyone,

I am really very glad tat i've made the right decision. At first i'm still wondering whether do i really look diff after the op but after viewing my before and after pix on Dr Kao's blog. I couldn't believe my eyes tat Dr Kao really did magic to me... :shock: U guys can go to Dr Kao's blog to see my result http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/face-nose/

theperfectjob
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 19 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby theperfectjob » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:48 am

mikko_baby80 wrote:hi theperfectjob,

thanks for sharing ur experience. the gd thing abt the nursing staffs in the OT is tat they are all super friendly & kinda calms pple like us down especially when the op is going to start in the next min. are u satisfied with ur nose & how abt ur gf? tmr will be my 3rd week post op, my tip had de swell quite a lot & bridge gone down slightly (my frenz r saying more natural). but my alar still seems to be swollen. I certainly hope it'll de swell more at the alar. ur fren is so funnie!! hahahaaaa.. still need to call u to cfm! i can imagine how different u r after ur rhino. yeah i absolutely agree with u tat rhino pain is indeed not as pain as we thought (only first few days suxs). wishing u & ur gf speedy recovery~ :D


Hi Mikko baby, I'm really very satisfied with my nose and all my colleagues keep commenting that it's money WELL SPENT! Not only female but also male colleagues. Currently it's still swollen at the tip area but other then that it's pretty good *thumbs up* Yes today more ppl confirmed that they couldn't recognise me if they were to see me in the streets...

As for my gf, she kept complaining her bridge was not high enough. After seeing the picture for comparison she's finally convince.

Jessi, yours was a job well done... Got chin already and nose ssssoooooo much sharper! Congrats!!!

jessicat
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby jessicat » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 1:01 am

theperfectjob wrote:
mikko_baby80 wrote:hi theperfectjob,

thanks for sharing ur experience. the gd thing abt the nursing staffs in the OT is tat they are all super friendly & kinda calms pple like us down especially when the op is going to start in the next min. are u satisfied with ur nose & how abt ur gf? tmr will be my 3rd week post op, my tip had de swell quite a lot & bridge gone down slightly (my frenz r saying more natural). but my alar still seems to be swollen. I certainly hope it'll de swell more at the alar. ur fren is so funnie!! hahahaaaa.. still need to call u to cfm! i can imagine how different u r after ur rhino. yeah i absolutely agree with u tat rhino pain is indeed not as pain as we thought (only first few days suxs). wishing u & ur gf speedy recovery~ :D


Hi Mikko baby, I'm really very satisfied with my nose and all my colleagues keep commenting that it's money WELL SPENT! Not only female but also male colleagues. Currently it's still swollen at the tip area but other then that it's pretty good *thumbs up* Yes today more ppl confirmed that they couldn't recognise me if they were to see me in the streets...

As for my gf, she kept complaining her bridge was not high enough. After seeing the picture for comparison she's finally convince.

Jessi, yours was a job well done... Got chin already and nose ssssoooooo much sharper! Congrats!!!



Yes!!! Finally... After we've been thru so much. It's worth it! We got the result tat we wanted. No regrets! The onli thing tat I'm worried about is the scar tat's below my breast. Hope tat the colour won't get any darker. :(

Summer18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 12 Mar 2009

Postby Summer18 » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 6:39 pm

cupcakez wrote:
Summer18 wrote:
cupcakez wrote:
Summer18 wrote:Hi cupcakez..i might be going to taiwan on early may. which doc are you planning to go?


I'll be going to see Dr Chuang, wanna meet up?


Unfortunately, i'm not from singapore. wanna talk in msn?
I'm planning to do my eyelid surgery with dr chuang but still waiting for his email. What do you plan to do with him?


I'm not from Singapore either. I meant meet up in Taipei.


yeah...its great to have someone to go together. I'm so afraid to go alone. Can you pm me your msn?

Dr Chuang still haven't reply me :(

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:22 pm

hi jessi! ohh tat's u! i saw ur photo in there few days ago. dr kao did a great job for u. i was amazed by the b4 & after pic when i saw it tat time. the chin augmentation totally change ur face & along wif the rhino makes a whole new pretty face. gratz jessi!! :D

i believe the rib scarring will fade over time, mine has gotten slightly lighter.

u noe wat jessi, wen i was lying on the op theatre bed, dr kao mention to me tat 2 gals oso came fr sg abt 2 weeks bck & they did chin aug & rhino. they are able to go out on the 3rd day & been to quite a lot of places (dr kao was smiling happily when he was saying tat, he sounded so cute). i was tinkin could the 2 gals be u & ur fren? keke.. :D

jessicat
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby jessicat » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:47 pm

mikko_baby80 wrote:hi jessi! ohh tat's u! i saw ur photo in there few days ago. dr kao did a great job for u. i was amazed by the b4 & after pic when i saw it tat time. the chin augmentation totally change ur face & along wif the rhino makes a whole new pretty face. gratz jessi!! :D

i believe the rib scarring will fade over time, mine has gotten slightly lighter.

u noe wat jessi, wen i was lying on the op theatre bed, dr kao mention to me tat 2 gals oso came fr sg abt 2 weeks bck & they did chin aug & rhino. they are able to go out on the 3rd day & been to quite a lot of places (dr kao was smiling happily when he was saying tat, he sounded so cute). i was tinkin could the 2 gals be u & ur fren? keke.. :D


Hi Mikko,

Thanks for ur compliments. Yes! tat's me and my gf (theperfectjob). Ya! I really didn't realise tat the diff was so much. Me and my gf went to all the temples to pray pray pray everyday lor. Kekeke... When I was lying on the op bed, my first question to ask Dr Kao was "Have u taken ur lunch?" Wahaha! Too nervous le... The whole grp laughing at me lor. So pai say lor... :oops: We went out shoppin the 3rd day but onli to places tat's near to our apartment, on the 4th day we went to "Ximending" to shop for cosmetics, cos it's recomended by (Nu ren wo zui da) die die must buy ah!:P . Wat happened at the cosmetic shop made me even more pai say! I was usin cotton bud to clean my nose out of sudden my nose starts to bleed! Oh god! Tell u, I’ was so patience till I shouted at my gf tat I wanna go back to the hospital keep askin my gf to call Dr Kao... But right after the bleedin stops, we went back shoppin again! Hahaha! Buay ta han myself. Dr Kao was wonderin how come so many ppl is comin frm sg and malaysia, then I told him tat there's veri gd reviews bout his nose surgery. He was so happy and even asked which forum was it. Indeed, he is really really a very nice guy! Too bad he is married. :mad: Kekeke! Miss every little single thing in Taiwan...I’m planning to go back nxt yr to do double eyelid wif Dr Chuang. Guess I’m addicted!
:o

theperfectjob
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 19 Mar 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby theperfectjob » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 3:34 am

jessicat wrote:
mikko_baby80 wrote:hi jessi! ohh tat's u! i saw ur photo in there few days ago. dr kao did a great job for u. i was amazed by the b4 & after pic when i saw it tat time. the chin augmentation totally change ur face & along wif the rhino makes a whole new pretty face. gratz jessi!! :D

i believe the rib scarring will fade over time, mine has gotten slightly lighter.

u noe wat jessi, wen i was lying on the op theatre bed, dr kao mention to me tat 2 gals oso came fr sg abt 2 weeks bck & they did chin aug & rhino. they are able to go out on the 3rd day & been to quite a lot of places (dr kao was smiling happily when he was saying tat, he sounded so cute). i was tinkin could the 2 gals be u & ur fren? keke.. :D


Hi Mikko,

Thanks for ur compliments. Yes! tat's me and my gf (theperfectjob). Ya! I really didn't realise tat the diff was so much. Me and my gf went to all the temples to pray pray pray everyday lor. Kekeke... When I was lying on the op bed, my first question to ask Dr Kao was "Have u taken ur lunch?" Wahaha! Too nervous le... The whole grp laughing at me lor. So pai say lor... :oops: We went out shoppin the 3rd day but onli to places tat's near to our apartment, on the 4th day we went to "Ximending" to shop for cosmetics, cos it's recomended by (Nu ren wo zui da) die die must buy ah!:P . Wat happened at the cosmetic shop made me even more pai say! I was usin cotton bud to clean my nose out of sudden my nose starts to bleed! Oh god! Tell u, I’ was so patience till I shouted at my gf tat I wanna go back to the hospital keep askin my gf to call Dr Kao... But right after the bleedin stops, we went back shoppin again! Hahaha! Buay ta han myself. Dr Kao was wonderin how come so many ppl is comin frm sg and malaysia, then I told him tat there's veri gd reviews bout his nose surgery. He was so happy and even asked which forum was it. Indeed, he is really really a very nice guy! Too bad he is married. :mad: Kekeke! Miss every little single thing in Taiwan...I’m planning to go back nxt yr to do double eyelid wif Dr Chuang. Guess I’m addicted!
:o


Mikko baby, in fact we went to see Dr Kao the morning before you had your surgery. I went to remove the last of my stitches. The moment he say he got another sg gal surgery to do that afternoon we knew it was you... Haha Dr Kao keep saying we shouldn't move around so much but I actually went out with another gf of mine the night i was discharge haha... Just rest when it hurts too much from walking... Jessi was right, not only we went shopping, we bought lots of stuff, had to put lots of weight on our ribs lor lol...

And Jessi, fell in luv with Mr Kao already right? javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

God bless all of us with a new pretty face with lots of good luck!

God bless Dr Kao too! lol :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jessicat
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby jessicat » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 6:56 pm

mikko_baby80 wrote:hi jessi! ohh tat's u! i saw ur photo in there few days ago. dr kao did a great job for u. i was amazed by the b4 & after pic when i saw it tat time. the chin augmentation totally change ur face & along wif the rhino makes a whole new pretty face. gratz jessi!! :D

i believe the rib scarring will fade over time, mine has gotten slightly lighter.

u noe wat jessi, wen i was lying on the op theatre bed, dr kao mention to me tat 2 gals oso came fr sg abt 2 weeks bck & they did chin aug & rhino. they are able to go out on the 3rd day & been to quite a lot of places (dr kao was smiling happily when he was saying tat, he sounded so cute). i was tinkin could the 2 gals be u & ur fren? keke.. :D


Mikko,

Saw new pixs in Dr Kao's blog today. I'm juz wondering izzit u? :o It seems like Dr Kao can really handle all sorts of cases... WoW!!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest