Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
missybellz

Postby missybellz » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:39 pm

hi boii..i'm not sure what u meant by longer incision = more effective..the full incision is not different from 3 point, both are considered incisional just the way they extract the fats is different, thereby leading to different healing time, and different possibilities of scarring. if you have a lot of fats, you need full incision. if u have abit of fats can use 3 point to extract the fat. downtime is reduced and scar will be less visible too. imagine a line compared to 3 holes. well, in both ways, if healing is successful, we shouldn't even see the 3 holes neither will we see a line(unless you are talking about the crease line) but in this case we refer line to the scarring that is possibly red/faint pink. :)

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cersepn » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 3:39 pm

missybellz wrote:hi boii..i'm not sure what u meant by longer incision = more effective..the full incision is not different from 3 point, both are considered incisional just the way they extract the fats is different, thereby leading to different healing time, and different possibilities of scarring. if you have a lot of fats, you need full incision. if u have abit of fats can use 3 point to extract the fat. downtime is reduced and scar will be less visible too. imagine a line compared to 3 holes. well, in both ways, if healing is successful, we shouldn't even see the 3 holes neither will we see a line(unless you are talking about the crease line) but in this case we refer line to the scarring that is possibly red/faint pink. :)

lol funny how you contradict yourself. You say in the first part, "full incision is not diff from 3 point".. and then your next few sentences go on to explain why they are different.

Jocundster

Postby Jocundster » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 7:00 pm

kittygirl8 wrote:To those of you who have done rhinoplasty,

May I check with you does any of you find that after rhinoplasty, the nose has become more sensitive? I find it so for me even after 1 month post op, where I tend to sneeze alot more than before, followed by running nose after that. I can feel my nose becoming more sensitive than before and I never have any problem with my nose before surgery.

Is this normal...?

Hi Kittygirl8,

did you check with your doc? I have no problems with my nose after surgery, in fact it was better~~ I used to have nose block on my left nostril every morning but after the Rhinoplasty with Dr. Kao, it was no longer an issue.

If I remembered correctly, you had your Rhinoplasty with Dr. Kao right? Ask him why and if there is any solutions to it... He's quite a nice doc, i must admit~

If you're too shy to ask him, I can help you to ask... ;P

Cheers,
Jo

missybellz

Postby missybellz » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:58 pm

cersepn wrote:
missybellz wrote:hi boii..i'm not sure what u meant by longer incision = more effective..the full incision is not different from 3 point, both are considered incisional just the way they extract the fats is different, thereby leading to different healing time, and different possibilities of scarring. if you have a lot of fats, you need full incision. if u have abit of fats can use 3 point to extract the fat. downtime is reduced and scar will be less visible too. imagine a line compared to 3 holes. well, in both ways, if healing is successful, we shouldn't even see the 3 holes neither will we see a line(unless you are talking about the crease line) but in this case we refer line to the scarring that is possibly red/faint pink. :)

lol funny how you contradict yourself. You say in the first part, "full incision is not diff from 3 point".. and then your next few sentences go on to explain why they are different.

hihi cersepn..hahas i think i contradicted myself too, but as long as i get my pt across i think it's okie..hehe.
full incision is DIFFERENT from 3 point because
1)one is a cut, another is 3 holes(diff fat extraction method)
2)downtime due to the nature of no. 1..
2)scarring due to no. 1 again

BUT, they are both INCISIONAL, cause people(including myself in the past) get mixed up with incisional and suture method(which does not require incisions at all, purely sutures)

hahahs..sry to confuse everyone in my previous post..i got this info frm dr chuang and reading every single page of this thread..hope i'm right.. :)

wannabepretty18

Postby wannabepretty18 » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:47 am

Hey guys, I know a lot of you have done your nose surgeries (using rib cartilege) with Dr Kao. I recently wrote to him and he quoted some prices to me which were so much more expensive than Dr Hsu who is pretty well known in the field too. I'm still deciding between the two of them and I'd love to hear from any of you who have done rhino with them.

Which did you pick and why? This would help me so much in deciding since my surgery's coming up pretty soon in March or April. :D

TIA!

gingerbabe

Postby gingerbabe » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 3:19 pm

Hi

I had rhino & chin implant done with Dr Chuang 1 1/2 months ago. Unfortunately i hit my nose with very great impact after 1 month & my nose became very bruised & swollen. Dr Chuang warned that my nose might have been infected & that i might have to remove the silicon implant. He advised me to visit local PS doc then take antibiotic then wait & see. Fortunately for me after 1 week of med, local doc says no infection.

But swell & bruise at bridge still quite bad even though i hit my nose tip. Anyway my bridge height is still very high & wonder when it'll ever subside coz like kitty i feel like i look like a witch. I also had chin implant which also adds to the witch like face. The worst thing is when my mouth is relaxed, it doesnt close itself & it'll expose almost till the bottom of my lower teeth. How awful! But when i spoke to the nurse coz Dr hasnt reply my email, she says hat coz chin hasnt completely deswell yet & have to wait few months b4 things look fine.

I hope those who had had chin implant can advised. I wonder if it's due to too big an implant inserted tat's why it's pulling the chin down to expose teeth as mouth cant close properly.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Postby appletree » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 6:47 pm

Hi peeps,

does anyone here who did rib implants and experiences a small bump inside the nose? It happens to be, wonder if isit due to not cleaning properly.. however dr kao said that the bump will just be there when it happens and wont affect any resorption or negative effects to the cartilages.. ?

sakuranbo

Postby sakuranbo » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 6:21 am

Hi everyone im new, so I've come across Dr.Tsai's site http://www.medi-life.com.tw/ and his before-after pics are quite amazing, has anyone had experience with him,? I have a big nose and thick lips >.<" so basically my whole nose is messed up n im gonna go for tiptoplasty (or whatever its called), alarplasty, and bridge implants. And lip reduction, any recommends for surgeons in Taiwan?

Jocundster

Postby Jocundster » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 2:13 pm

wannabepretty18 wrote:Hey guys, I know a lot of you have done your nose surgeries (using rib cartilege) with Dr Kao. I recently wrote to him and he quoted some prices to me which were so much more expensive than Dr Hsu who is pretty well known in the field too. I'm still deciding between the two of them and I'd love to hear from any of you who have done rhino with them.

Which did you pick and why? This would help me so much in deciding since my surgery's coming up pretty soon in March or April. :D

TIA!

Hey wannabepretty,

good to know that you're doing alot of homewrk for your rhinoplasty~ I did my Rhinoplasty with Dr. Kao and i have also write in to Dr. Hsu but i preferred Dr. Kao because he responsed faster and I feel much comfortable with him... He's quite a nice Doc~

Don't be shy in asking him questions, he will always reply back... Ultimately it will be up to you to choose, which doc you are more comfortable with~ Go with your guts... If your guts doesn't helps, book consultation with both docs and see whichever your prefer~

Overall my rib rhinoplasty went well~ Even my hairstylist couldn't tell what i did to myself but he is sure there is something different about me... He said i looked better~ lol~
Its good to know that my dermatologist & hairstylist said that my nose job was very natural & well-done~

Hope these information helps~

Cheers,
Jo~

Jocundster

Postby Jocundster » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 3:02 pm

gingerbabe wrote:Hi

I had rhino & chin implant done with Dr Chuang 1 1/2 months ago. Unfortunately i hit my nose with very great impact after 1 month & my nose became very bruised & swollen. Dr Chuang warned that my nose might have been infected & that i might have to remove the silicon implant. He advised me to visit local PS doc then take antibiotic then wait & see. Fortunately for me after 1 week of med, local doc says no infection.

But swell & bruise at bridge still quite bad even though i hit my nose tip. Anyway my bridge height is still very high & wonder when it'll ever subside coz like kitty i feel like i look like a witch. I also had chin implant which also adds to the witch like face. The worst thing is when my mouth is relaxed, it doesnt close itself & it'll expose almost till the bottom of my lower teeth. How awful! But when i spoke to the nurse coz Dr hasnt reply my email, she says hat coz chin hasnt completely deswell yet & have to wait few months b4 things look fine.

I hope those who had had chin implant can advised. I wonder if it's due to too big an implant inserted tat's why it's pulling the chin down to expose teeth as mouth cant close properly.

Dear Gingerbabe,

Has your implants de-swelled? Sorry to hear about your incident... i think maybe it is still swelling, that's why your teeth is exposed at the moment, but it doesn't swell down, maybe you should consult a doctor again in a month time... Take care~

Jo

babyangel
Regular
Regular

rhinoplasty

Postby babyangel » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 9:00 pm

Jocundster wrote:
wannabepretty18 wrote:Hey guys, I know a lot of you have done your nose surgeries (using rib cartilege) with Dr Kao. I recently wrote to him and he quoted some prices to me which were so much more expensive than Dr Hsu who is pretty well known in the field too. I'm still deciding between the two of them and I'd love to hear from any of you who have done rhino with them.

TIA!

Hey wannabepretty,

good to know that you're doing alot of homewrk for your rhinoplasty~ I did my Rhinoplasty with Dr. Kao and i have also write in to Dr. Hsu but i preferred Dr. Kao because he responsed faster and I feel much comfortable with him... He's quite a nice Doc~

Don't be shy in asking him questions, he will always reply back... Ultimately it will be up to you to choose, which doc you are more comfortable with~ Go with your guts... If your guts doesn't helps, book consultation with both docs and see whichever your prefer~

Overall my rib rhinoplasty went well~ Even my hairstylist couldn't tell what i did to myself but he is sure there is something different about me... He said i looked better~ lol~
Its good to know that my dermatologist & hairstylist said that my nose job was very natural & well-done~

Cheers,
Jo~

Hi Jocundster,

cud you share your before and after rhinoplasty pics?

did you get the nose shape you want?

thanks.

kfav9

Postby kfav9 » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 1:21 am

Last edited by kfav9 on Wed, 06 Jul 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Postby ukorientalgirl » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 1:41 am

kfav9 wrote:Does anyone know if Dr. Kao also does Buccal fat pad excision?

Dr Kao doesnt do buccal fat removal am afraid

x

wannabepretty18

Postby wannabepretty18 » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:55 pm

To Jocundster

Haha, thanks so much for the encouragement. You're right, after emailing them back and forth a few times I definitely feel better doing it with Dr Kao because he answers all my queries so quickly! As compared to Dr Hsu who took 3 weeks to reply... But I think out of silicon, gorotex and autologous rhino, I definitely would prefer to use my own bones to do it.

:) So glad to hear input from someone whose done it already! Congrats on the good job the Drs did. As the dates for my rhino approach, I can't help feeling worried and filled with so many questions which is why I've trolled through this forum 10 times trying to read up as much as I could. But just so you know, I think all the newbies like me are really grateful to people who share their experience, its quite a personal thing, so I just want to thank you again for being so gracious and generous with sharing your experiences with us. :)

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cersepn » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:57 pm

Jocundster wrote:
Hey wannabepretty,

Cheers,
Jo~

hi Jo,

so you did rhino with dr kao? Any chance of pics? Censored out face is fine if you're afraid of privacy issues. Good to know you're happy with your results.

btw, this goes out to anyone who had rhino done in tw
this one not aimed at you, jo.. but its just something that's been on my mind for quite awhile alr.
i don't think it's too much to ask for you guys to contribute b4 and after pics, censored out eyes and vital parts of the face is more than enough. i mean after all this sgexpats community has contributed to making your PS a successful one.. the least you could do is contribute just that bit back? im sure it will be much appreciated by everyone here :)