Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
beachlover

Post by beachlover » Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:51 pm

what's dr. kao's contact info?

Karen_Chin

Post by Karen_Chin » Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:42 pm

nobody leaving for taipei 1st week of Sept??? :cry:

schatzie414

rib graft size

Post by schatzie414 » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 8:16 am

Hey everyone, I've been browsing through this post for the past few days and I've been so pleased with everyone's results!
I have one question for those who used rib implants, how big were your implant sizes? I already have a reasonable bridge, i'm looking for a small to medium augmentation, no more than 3mm...mainly focused on tip refinement...I've been told by some doctors that ribs are reserved for bigger augmentations...did anyone here use rib for under 3mm dorsal implants?
thanks a lot!

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:50 am

^ if u only want 3mm then u can get away with just using ear cartilage

that will save the time cutting u open. I think u should go with ear, less painful.

pinkhil

Post by pinkhil » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 8:43 pm

Blissful09 wrote:^ if u only want 3mm then u can get away with just using ear cartilage

that will save the time cutting u open. I think u should go with ear, less painful.
dont go for ear ~~

i ve done mine using ear... bad result..dont noe it s due to absorption or what..
and i ve used both my ears~~~ my original nose bridge was ok ..so i only added around 2mm..

now i am looking for revision..

i read from dr tsu s blog that ear cartilage is easily aborbed

littlestitchgirl

Post by littlestitchgirl » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 9:19 am

pinkhil wrote:
Blissful09 wrote:^ if u only want 3mm then u can get away with just using ear cartilage

dont go for ear ~~

i ve done mine using ear... bad result..dont noe it s due to absorption or what..
and i ve used both my ears~~~ my original nose bridge was ok ..so i only added around 2mm..

now i am looking for revision..

i read from dr tsu s blog that ear cartilage is easily aborbed
Hi! May I know which doctor did you do the surgery with?

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 8:03 pm

So I emailed Dr. Kao yesterday afternoon with pictures of myself and he replied within 24 hours, with digital imaging!! I'm very impressed with his quick response, however, the digital imaging makes me look quite scary...big pointy nose and chin - like a witch! :???:

He quoted me NTD60000 for ear cartilage rhino + alar + tip reduction
NTD30000 for blepharoplasty + epi
NTD50000 for Medpor chin implant (though I'm considering good old silicone cos apparently Medpor is difficult to remove IF complications arise)

Although I can read Chinese I find Dr. Kao's site a little hard to navigate. Will probably do more research on Taiwanese PS before deciding on a surgeon. Hoping that I won't have to go to different docs, but I MIGHT consider doing my eyes and nose/chin separately due to each doctors' skills and capability.

littlestitchgirl

Post by littlestitchgirl » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:56 pm

missuglynose wrote:So I emailed Dr. Kao yesterday afternoon with pictures of myself and he replied within 24 hours, with digital imaging!! I'm very impressed with his quick response, however, the digital imaging makes me look quite scary...big pointy nose and chin - like a witch! :???:

He quoted me NTD60000 for ear cartilage rhino + alar + tip reduction
NTD30000 for blepharoplasty + epi
NTD50000 for Medpor chin implant (though I'm considering good old silicone cos apparently Medpor is difficult to remove IF complications arise)

Although I can read Chinese I find Dr. Kao's site a little hard to navigate. Will probably do more research on Taiwanese PS before deciding on a surgeon. Hoping that I won't have to go to different docs, but I MIGHT consider doing my eyes and nose/chin separately due to each doctors' skills and capability.
Babe, when are you intending to do the nose surgery with Dr Kao?
Am looking for company. :)

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 2:36 am

How many Calf Reduction suregons are there in Taiwan?
And approx do they charge?????????

Dr Jong charges $4000US quite expensive

is there another doc?

----------------

Also did anyone have a good Double Eyelid surgury and wanna recommend a skilled suregon? Im going to dr hsu for rhinoplasty but im nto sure if he does eyes. I have double eyelids but i have droopy eyelids (contains fat?)
Last edited by Blissful09 on Mon, 24 Aug 2009 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 4:46 am

littlestitchgirl wrote: Babe, when are you intending to do the nose surgery with Dr Kao?
Am looking for company. :)
Hi littlestitchgirl :)

Currently looking at November/December, but depends on my work schedule. I'm planning to stay with a friend, but since she's working on weekdays it would be great to have companionship to suffer the bruising and post-surgery depression together :lol:

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 6:10 pm

Blissful09 wrote:How many Calf Reduction suregons are there in Taiwan?
And approx do they charge?????????

Dr Jong charges $4000US quite expensive

is there another doc?

----------------

Also did anyone have a good Double Eyelid surgury and wanna recommend a skilled suregon? Im going to dr hsu for rhinoplasty but im nto sure if he does eyes. I have double eyelids but i have droopy eyelids (contains fat?)
Dr Su is supposed to be great; very natural looking results, but she doesn't do secondary, only primary.

Dr Hsu only does rhinoplasty and chin implants (unless things changed considerably since I last went to him).
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 2:45 pm

what is primary and secondary? like she doesnt do "re-fixing from pre-eyelid surgury"?

well lucky for me.. i never done eyelid before...
i just want the sagginess to go away.

Also she from taipei right?? is it safe to go GA and do PS
and then a week later do another operation doing GA for eyelids?? o.O

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 9:34 pm

I'm trying to find more information on eyelid surgeons from the Taiwanese forum, Fashion Guide.

Most of the people who recently had double eyelid surgery went to a place called 麗晶 (Google produced this result - www.regentbeauty.com). Unfortunately the website doesn't feature any photos of their work >.<

Apparently they specialize in a method called the 小切口 (little cut), which produces very natural results. From what I've seen on Fashion Guide, the results are pretty impressive.

Am trying to find out more about this method and this clinic, so if anyone has better luck than I've had so far, please do share :)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the last thread about Dr. Su dates back to 2008 - this implies that there may be better/newer places that the Taiwanese visit now?

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 1:00 am

Blissful09 wrote:what is primary and secondary? like she doesnt do "re-fixing from pre-eyelid surgury"?

well lucky for me.. i never done eyelid before...
i just want the sagginess to go away.

Also she from taipei right?? is it safe to go GA and do PS
and then a week later do another operation doing GA for eyelids?? o.O
You have that right.

I think she is based in Taipei. As for the schedule, you have to talk to all the doctors involved prior to arrange for the best possible time.

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 1:03 am

missuglynose wrote:I'm trying to find more information on eyelid surgeons from the Taiwanese forum, Fashion Guide.

Most of the people who recently had double eyelid surgery went to a place called 麗晶 (Google produced this result - www.regentbeauty.com). Unfortunately the website doesn't feature any photos of their work >.<

Apparently they specialize in a method called the 小切口 (little cut), which produces very natural results. From what I've seen on Fashion Guide, the results are pretty impressive.

Am trying to find out more about this method and this clinic, so if anyone has better luck than I've had so far, please do share :)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the last thread about Dr. Su dates back to 2008 - this implies that there may be better/newer places that the Taiwanese visit now?
Dr Chuang does the same surgery and it is called mini incision. Actually a lot of doctors do a similar surgery but they might have different procedural names. (I think Dr Su does something similar too)