Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kaka
Regular
Regular

Post by kaka » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:19 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:kaka,
Is that you Isa?
lolz. noooo we can still meet up. It's just that I have to stay at another hotel nearer to the hospital. I thought that you were leaving on morning of Dec 23 while I won't get there until the night of Dec 21.
kaka wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:Hi Kaka,
I will be in Taiwan on Dec 21 if you wanna meet up.

Hi! We've been corresponding through email for some time now! but you said you weren't be available :((((
I gonna stay longer now! So yeahh we can hang out.. and I gonna stay @ Deja Vu since we're not staying same hotel anymore :)

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 7:36 am

Thank you Savannah for your reply.

I'm thinking clothes and food lolz:) ooohhh about the shopping, do you have to bargain a lot or the price is just right?
Do you by any chance know a good spa and hair salon?
savannah_lenaia wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with some basics about Taiwan. Do you happen to know where are the good shopping markets in Taipei and a good spa near or in Neihu?

Thank you
Depends what you want to buy at the markets, but Shilin and Shida Night Markets are pretty good...(actually, Shilin is AWESOME)

Just google them for map etc

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 7:38 am

kaka,
cool!!!! let's hang out then. We can go shopping lolz:)
kaka wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:kaka,
Is that you Isa?
lolz. noooo we can still meet up. It's just that I have to stay at another hotel nearer to the hospital. I thought that you were leaving on morning of Dec 23 while I won't get there until the night of Dec 21.
kaka wrote: Hi! We've been corresponding through email for some time now! but you said you weren't be available :((((
I gonna stay longer now! So yeahh we can hang out.. and I gonna stay @ Deja Vu since we're not staying same hotel anymore :)

savannah_lenaia

Post by savannah_lenaia » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:58 am

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Thank you Savannah for your reply.

I'm thinking clothes and food lolz:) ooohhh about the shopping, do you have to bargain a lot or the price is just right?
OK then DEFINETELY head to Shilin = your new best friend. So much food i nearly died...There are plenty of clothes shops around there and some totally awesome shoe shops.

Bargaining...i think you can with the actual street vendors themselves, but i'm not sure about in the shops. Each night market basically has make-shift stalls down the street, with shops open behind them. I don't speak much Mandarin though, so i didn't really bother haggling. Everything is pretty cheap anyways...

Spas etc i'm not sure, sorry...Probably head to Da-an District (around Dunhua Sth Rd and Ren Ai Rds). THey are the main shopping/everything streets, so you'll definately find something there!!

x_Simplicity

Post by x_Simplicity » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:32 pm

Hey feline.eyes,
Did your nose job fit with your facial features? Does Dr. Hsu try to make it even out with your facial features or does he mainly work on the height of the nose? Why did you choose Dr. Hsu over Dr. Kao?
Thanks! :)

x_Simplicity

Post by x_Simplicity » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:44 pm

Jocundster wrote:Is it true that there is a high possibility of absorption or twisting that if we choose rib grafting for Rhinoplasty? i was reading a book yesterday about plastic surgery and it was mentioned in it.
I am quite worried about it~ Because I was intending to use rib grafting for my Rhinoplasty. :shock:
What do you mean by high possibility of absorption or twisting? :?

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 1:23 am

x_Simplicity wrote:Hey feline.eyes,
Did your nose job fit with your facial features? Does Dr. Hsu try to make it even out with your facial features or does he mainly work on the height of the nose? Why did you choose Dr. Hsu over Dr. Kao?
Thanks! :)
- I don't know
- I can't answer for him
- I wasn't familiar with Dr Kao at that point in time
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 8:07 am

savannah_lenaia wrote:

OK then DEFINETELY head to Shilin = your new best friend. So much food i nearly died...There are plenty of clothes shops around there and some totally awesome shoe shops.

Bargaining...i think you can with the actual street vendors themselves, but i'm not sure about in the shops. Each night market basically has make-shift stalls down the street, with shops open behind them. I don't speak much Mandarin though, so i didn't really bother haggling. Everything is pretty cheap anyways...

Spas etc i'm not sure, sorry...Probably head to Da-an District (around Dunhua Sth Rd and Ren Ai Rds). THey are the main shopping/everything streets, so you'll definately find something there!!
Hi

I agree!! Shi ling is great. Its huge but slightly pricer than Tong Hua Jie & (Wu Fen Bu - are the distributor if im not wrong..)

I prefer Tong hua Jie and Wu fen Bu

Beside Wu fen Bu is Rao He Jie.. Not bad for taiwan small snacks with small street shops.. but its quite small.. I went the other day to Wu fen Bu, Shop Within 3 shops only i spent ard 6000TWD (Scary) but Cheap, i bought alot of clothings, dresses..

Next is Tong Hua Jie, just opposite my hotel (Charming Hotel) $100 plus per night only and the room is magnificant! Near to Dr Chuang Clinic too You can take a cab, 100TWD or walk 15min.. My bf and i walk occasionally, Talk joke laugh and we reached!

Tong Hua jie, I shop almost everynight as its near my hotel and its cheapper, Just one street i can buy alot of things, Heels, T-Shirt, and definitely Lingeries!!! Qualitly, Design is good. In singapore, a unique lingerie costs ard 50-60SGD plus but there (even in ShiLing) is ony 20SGD plus and 40SGD plus for (Costume) ;p

But Wu fen bu shuts quite early.. around 10pm..

Opposite Dr Chuang Clinic has Sogo and lots of shopping mall, Like singapore Orchard road but i checked, their Branded stuffs like LV and MIUMiu pricing is higher.

Hope it helps..
I practically shop everyday till i have to buy the super huge "China Bag" to put my shopping stuffs.

Best to shop at shi Ling and tong hus jie is ard 11 - 12am as they normally close at 1 am plus, thus u can bargain more.

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 8:37 am

boii18 wrote:
vickyabc wrote:
aneles wrote: thanks vicky for clarifying & your after pics. WOW! you look really great! cant imagine how much more better you will look now!!! phew, eyeliner certainly makes alot of sense for creating that illusion I saw in the pic! :D

what kind of eyelid surgery did dr chuang give you - i read here & understand that there are different methods like the 3 point incision, full-incision????

TIA!
Hi aneles

Im sorry i really dont know what he did for my eyes.. i just knw that its parralle. i dont even know how many mm he cut for me.. I was too anxious and i just left for him to decide...
Hey I'm thinking of doing with this Dr as well. You did your double lids, epi and rhino with you am I right? Is he said to be good with eyes as good as he is with bone surgery? MaNY thanks :) Cos' im going there to do my eyes ( taiwan ) I mean and its really gr8 if i can do all at once.
Hi

I did Double Eyelid + Epic, Rhino + Tip & Chin implant during march trip..

I prefer to do all at once so that u only suffer once (thou it hurts alot, especially Chin implant)

Bone Shaving is consider a major surgery, depending on the structure of ur face jaw, this u have to consult the Dr..

If u are considering my Surgeon, Dr Chuang, U could email him your pictures and he will reply to u about what he think its needed to be done and quote u the price..

Please only make ur final decision on which surgeon only if u feel comfortable with him, i think this is very important. Of course do consult more doctors and request before and after pic from people who has done surgery with the doctors provided they dont mind to share.

Dr Chuang is Specialized in Breast implant.. u can see him in many Magazines.

But i feel that he is quite good in facial surgery too. I like my Nose, Eyes & chin very much as u can see my before/after picture has got quite a difference, especially with make-up ;)

Now I need to go back to the clinic twice a day to put on drip as i infected my nose 2weeks ago with my facial. (She squeeze my nose too hard and during the facial steaming process, the pores open and if not done properly, bacteria willl go into the pores and thus infected..) I feel so worried though i have consulted my local surgeon but it still hurts and swell so i when back to Dr Chuang as he is the one that operates me.

Though he is very busy but he will still make an effort to check on me when i go back for the drip. and he is very paitence and detailed (provided he has the time)

Ps: I am not promoting Dr Chuang.. Just wanna share with u guys with my own experience..

Hope that helps :)

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 8:46 am

Thanks Savannah,
nice!!! thanks

What food did you eat?? any recommendations?? the bad thing is that I don't speak chinese/taiwainese at all for bargaining:(
savannah_lenaia wrote:

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 8:52 am

Thanks Vicky!!!!!!:)

Wow sounds like you did a lot of shopping huh?:) Where are Tong hua Jie and Wu fen Bu? What is good price for clothes/dresses/shoes? Unfortunately, I don't speak chinese/taiwainese so I think it's gonna be hard to bargain.

Thank you for your response. I think it will help me definitely:)

Are you still in Taipei?? It would be fun if we can join you in your shopping spree:) hihihi

vickyabc wrote:
savannah_lenaia wrote:

Hi

I agree!! Shi ling is great. Its huge but slightly pricer than Tong Hua Jie & (Wu Fen Bu - are the distributor if im not wrong..)

Beside Wu fen Bu is Rao He Jie.. Not bad for taiwan small snacks with small street shops.. but its quite small.. I went the other day to Wu fen Bu, Shop Within 3 shops only i spent ard 6000TWD (Scary) but Cheap, i bought alot of clothings, dresses..

Next is Tong Hua Jie, just opposite my hotel (Charming Hotel) $100 plus per night only and the room is magnificant! Near to Dr Chuang Clinic too You can take a cab, 100TWD or walk 15min.. My bf and i walk occasionally, Talk joke laugh and we reached!

Tong Hua jie, I shop almost everynight as its near my hotel and its cheapper, Just one street i can buy alot of things, Heels, T-Shirt, and definitely Lingeries!!! Qualitly, Design is good. In singapore, a unique lingerie costs ard 50-60SGD plus but there (even in ShiLing) is ony 20SGD plus and 40SGD plus for (Costume) ;p

Opposite Dr Chuang Clinic has Sogo and lots of shopping mall, Like singapore Orchard road but i checked, their Branded stuffs like LV and MIUMiu pricing is higher.

Hope it helps..
I practically shop everyday till i have to buy the super huge "China Bag" to put my shopping stuffs.

Best to shop at shi Ling and tong hus jie is ard 11 - 12am as they normally close at 1 am plus, thus u can bargain more.

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 9:14 am

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Thanks Vicky!!!!!!:)

Wow sounds like you did a lot of shopping huh?:) Where are Tong hua Jie and Wu fen Bu? What is good price for clothes/dresses/shoes? Unfortunately, I don't speak chinese/taiwainese so I think it's gonna be hard to bargain.

Are you still in Taipei?? It would be fun if we can join you in your shopping spree:) hihihi

vickyabc wrote:
savannah_lenaia wrote: OK then DEFINETELY head to Shilin = your new best friend. So much food i nearly died...There are plenty of clothes shops around there and some totally awesome shoe shops.

Hi

Hope it helps..

Hi Moonligh

I will be leaving tomorrow.. :( No choice, exams is around the corner)

Where are u from?? It would be quite difficult of i cant speak chinese as most of the local there speaks maindrain. I cant converse in taiwainese too. some could speak very very basic english.

It would be better to note down the telephone and adress of your hotel and Clinic, preferable in han yu ping ying ( By the way are u chinese?)

I have a limo cabby.. he is very friendly.. we even became friends and he brought us together with his wife to a very beautiful mountain with waterfalls for bbq. Today was his off day, he brought us out to Dan Shui as it is his off day and we had lots of fun snapping pictures and playing games!

Initally when i touched down, he drove me to my hotel, even if he doesnt know the way he would just make a call to his cabby friends and ask for directions. Very friendly and he knew i would be alone for a few days, he introduced me Wu fen Bu and drove me there and even ask me to give him a call immediately if something goes wrong.

Which Dr are u visiting?

If its in Taipei, i can give u his number and just mention its vicky's (Singapore) friend, he can pick u up from the airport.. Cheaper rate too. Just PM me ;)

Vicky

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 9:35 am

[quote="moonlight_pmdct"]Thanks Vicky!!!!!!:)

[quote="vickyabc"][quote="savannah_lenaia"][quote="moonlight_pmdct"]Thank you Savannah for your reply.

Hi Moonlight

The night markets mentioned are all in taipei, 10mins or 20 mins if theres traffic jams (ard 5-6pm plus) For example from my clinic, WishClinic to Shi Ling is ard 200ish TWD

u could take the train too.. not too far but have to change stop. But with our surgeries we wouldnt want to take train!

It will be very hard to bargain if u dont speak chinese but just be persistent. Thre store assistance will understand abit of english, especially talking about pricing. Or u could ask them to type out in the calulator and bargain with calculator ;) (better bring a mini one along as some might not have)

Depending on the material of the clothing.. basically those road sideor small cart stall can bargain till 350TWD to 400TWD. But sme quality u can feel itss really much better and u really like it alot, 1000TWD u will still buy too.. Otherwise i will keep thinking of the clothing and cant sleep!!!!

Which Dr r u going too?

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:47 am

wow, dr hsu replied me already, super fast! Just mailed him yesterday only. Wah didn't expect such a high price though, cos it's not like my nose is that bad and in need of major work, sian. Looks like have to look for another surgeon le. I quite like dr tseng's style of nose, any fellow expats did with him?

nhonho_88

Post by nhonho_88 » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:11 am

Hi ya! I also want to do my nose but I am afraid of hurt. Is it hurt, I saw a lot of people do it but I am still scared :???: