Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
nose

Post by nose » Sat, 19 May 2012 7:56 am

wanyun wrote:hi,

i am new here and I am considering nose surgery with Dr Kao. i know that Dr Kao has stated on his website that minors under 20 need the permission of a parent to undergo the nose job. does anyone have any idea whether i need my parent to accompany me all the way to the clinic in taiwan?

thank you :)
No, i was 18 (19 now) and i went myself.

all you gotta do is get your parent to sign a form that dr. kao will email you. and bring that form.

wanyun

Post by wanyun » Mon, 21 May 2012 10:41 am

nose wrote:

i am new here and I am considering nose surgery with Dr Kao. i know that Dr Kao has stated on his website that minors under 20 need the permission of a parent to undergo the nose job. does anyone have any idea whether i need my parent to accompany me all the way to the clinic in taiwan?

all you gotta do is get your parent to sign a form that dr. kao will email you. and bring that form.
omg thanks so much! thats cool but kind of easy to forge? :? haha but at least it saves me the hassle of bring my parent! :D

no1209

Post by no1209 » Wed, 23 May 2012 12:47 pm

wanyun wrote:
nose wrote:

omg thanks so much! thats cool but kind of easy to forge? :? haha but at least it saves me the hassle of bring my parent! :D
hey wanyun! i am your age, 19 :)
i am going this late june. i am desperately looking for a buddy. when are you going?

wanyun

Post by wanyun » Thu, 24 May 2012 6:11 pm

no1209 wrote:
wanyun wrote:
nose wrote: No, i was 18 (19 now) and i went myself.

i am going this late june. i am desperately looking for a buddy. when are you going?
oh sorry! i dont think i'll go anytime soon cause i wanna do my eyes in korea first :? but i'll defo post here when i'm planning to go

no1209

Post by no1209 » Sat, 26 May 2012 7:50 am

wanyun wrote:
no1209 wrote:
wanyun wrote: omg thanks so much! thats cool but kind of easy to forge? :? haha but at least it saves me the hassle of bring my parent! :D
oh sorry! i dont think i'll go anytime soon cause i wanna do my eyes in korea first :? but i'll defo post here when i'm planning to go
ohh! :) i am doing my eyes too but also with dr. kao. he gave me a discount with my nose.
aww, i'll keep you posted!

multitess

:)

Post by multitess » Tue, 29 May 2012 4:00 am

something doesn't make sense to me as I was researching hoping rhinoplasty veterans can help answering. Most of us are trying to get our tips smaller and more refine as they are bulbous before. why then the need of harvesting ear cartilage to the tip? wouldn't that make the tip even bigger than before because we're putting more cartilage there.
this link was posted a while back and it makes sense to me: http://www.rhinoplastyinbeverlyhills.co ... refinement
to suture the tip cartilage together rather than add more cartilage. please enlighten me :)

trilogytwist
Regular
Regular

Post by trilogytwist » Tue, 29 May 2012 6:53 pm

edited..............
Last edited by trilogytwist on Wed, 06 Jun 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyawayfriday

Post by flyawayfriday » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 3:10 am

multitess wrote:this is a reply to bclioness42 since I can't pm
This is what dr. Kao sent me:

The hospital will charge the rib cartilage rhinoplasty 140,000 NTD for primary surgery and 160,000NTD for revision because the revision surgery takes longer time, general anesthesia 4-6 hours and stay a night in the hospital.

The price for GoreTex implantation and ear cartilage grafting for the tip refinement is 85,000NTD under local anesthesia. Plus 10,000-20.000NTD for general anesthesia.

if you can pm me your email, we'll talk about the trip and plan it out together :)
how strange, he quoted me 160,000 NTD for a primary rib rhino but only 80,000 NTD for goretex + ear cartilage! i guess it depends on the difference between your original nose and expected nose too (for me...i have a really flat nose but i linked him a picture of a eurasian model haha :P)

i noticed that a lot of forummers have done rib cartilage with dr. kao, can anyone comment on his results with goretex + ear cartilage as well? :)

actually, this might be a bit off-topic, but i'm in a pretty big dilemma right now - i can't decide between doing the surgery at dr. kao's (the lack of reference due to most opting for rib implant is a factor) or doing an L-silicone implant with a local surgeon. while many, many people advise against an L-shape implant, i believe the natural structure of my nose might force me to opt for the latter instead.

extract from my post in another forum -

firstly, some background on my nose - it has an extremely flat bridge, limited septal cartilage, and most significantly, NO NOSE TIP BONE. as in, normally when you press your nose tip, even if it's flat, there'll be some cartilage to form said flat structure, like a building? mine's literally just a flap of skin, like a tent. i can squash it any way i want without pain or obstruction. i believe my cartilage ends in the middle of my nose? i'm not sure if this is termed "short nose" as i have friends with the typical looking "short nose" but they do have something hard in their tip of which i have none.

right now, my main concern is that i would not have enough ear cartilage to craft the nice, sharp tip i fancy, since i have absolutely nada nose tip bone to start with and i imagine i would have to use a whole load of ear cartilage to achieve the desired effect. on the other hand, i believe an L-shaped silicone implant would help me achieve my desired tip projection but i'm concerned about the usual problems associated with an L-implant (extrusion, warping etc.

i would really appreciate it if someone could advise me on this! thanks a lot :)

bclioness42

Post by bclioness42 » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 8:01 am

no1209 wrote:
wanyun wrote:
no1209 wrote: hey wanyun! i am your age, 19 :)
ohh! :) i am doing my eyes too but also with dr. kao. he gave me a discount with my nose.
So how much did he quote you in total for the nose and eyes? Are you going for Costal Cartiage (your own) or Goretex? Just curious coz quoted me 160k which seems rather hight for the nose using costal and it's not a revision!

no1209

Post by no1209 » Sun, 10 Jun 2012 2:19 pm

bclioness42 wrote:
no1209 wrote:
wanyun wrote: oh sorry! i dont think i'll go anytime soon cause i wanna do my eyes in korea first :? but i'll defo post here when i'm planning to go
So how much did he quote you in total for the nose and eyes? Are you going for Costal Cartiage (your own) or Goretex? Just curious coz quoted me 160k which seems rather hight for the nose using costal and it's not a revision!
It was a bit lower than your quote. Nose + eyes (suture) for $5,000 USD.
Mine is not a revision either. It's my primary. Using costal.

no1209

Re: :)

Post by no1209 » Sun, 10 Jun 2012 2:22 pm

multitess wrote:something doesn't make sense to me as I was researching hoping rhinoplasty veterans can help answering. Most of us are trying to get our tips smaller and more refine as they are bulbous before. why then the need of harvesting ear cartilage to the tip? wouldn't that make the tip even bigger than before because we're putting more cartilage there.
this link was posted a while back and it makes sense to me: http://www.rhinoplastyinbeverlyhills.co ... refinement
to suture the tip cartilage together rather than add more cartilage. please enlighten me :)
Watch this video on the page. I think it might help you understand. It helped me for sure.

http://www.charm3c.com.tw/cosmetic_surg ... d=6&sid=43

no1209

Questions on Post-Op!!

Post by no1209 » Sun, 10 Jun 2012 2:25 pm

Hi girls & guys,

I'm going to be having my first rib rhino soon.
For those who has underwent rhinoplasty, I want to ask if any of you have some advice on faster recovery.

- How long did it take for you to deswell and look normal? (Be able to walk around without getting strange stares)
- Did you take Sineech? If so, did it help? How many packs do you think I should buy?
- What else do you recommend I take? Birds nest? Maybe some type of herb? Vitamins?
- Are there anything (creams?) that could make scars fade faster (or better)?
- What did you do during your recovery down time? Did you go out or stay in doors? What do you recommend me to do?

Germie

Re: Have anyone done PS or heard of Doctor Cher 車

Post by Germie » Wed, 13 Jun 2012 1:12 pm

[quote="Luckystar(",)"]
princessdeniseelisa wrote:
ufreak3 wrote:Have anyone done PS or heard of Doctor Cher 車參聖? He is SUPER HOT in Fashion Guide. Just searched for his name in Fashion Guide and you can see so many people singing his reviews and he is super hard to book and heard that he is fully booked till 2013!!!

His specialty seems to be this Japanese method called 日式訂書針 which is reputed to be very natural and very short recovery downtime and that is why it is so popular among the Taiwanese working adults.

If anyone has done or heard anything about Doctor Cher please respond asap because I really want to know if he is that good from a fellow Singaporean.
have you gone to Doctor Cher yet? is he good?
Hi everyone,

Anyone in this forum went to Cher before? And anyone knows of any good plastic surgeons for eyelid surgery in Taiwan? Any recommendation would help. Thks [/quote]

I went to Dr Chen (Regent Clinic) in taiwan... It has been 6 months post surgery and i really love my eyes now... You can check out more info in my blog.. :)

http://jermaineee.livejournal.com/36832.html

twig

Post by twig » Thu, 14 Jun 2012 9:15 pm

flyawayfriday wrote:
multitess wrote:this is a reply to bclioness42 since I can't pm
This is what dr. Kao sent me:

The hospital will charge the rib cartilage rhinoplasty 140,000 NTD for primary surgery and 160,000NTD for revision because the revision surgery takes longer time, general anesthesia 4-6 hours and stay a night in the hospital.

The price for GoreTex implantation and ear cartilage grafting for the tip refinement is 85,000NTD under local anesthesia. Plus 10,000-20.000NTD for general anesthesia.

if you can pm me your email, we'll talk about the trip and plan it out together :)

how strange, he quoted me 160,000 NTD for a primary rib rhino but only 80,000 NTD for goretex + ear cartilage! i guess it depends on the difference between your original nose and expected nose too (for me...i have a really flat nose but i linked him a picture of a eurasian model haha :P)

i noticed that a lot of forummers have done rib cartilage with dr. kao, can anyone comment on his results with goretex + ear cartilage as well? :)

actually, this might be a bit off-topic, but i'm in a pretty big dilemma right now - i can't decide between doing the surgery at dr. kao's (the lack of reference due to most opting for rib implant is a factor) or doing an L-silicone implant with a local surgeon. while many, many people advise against an L-shape implant, i believe the natural structure of my nose might force me to opt for the latter instead.

extract from my post in another forum -

firstly, some background on my nose - it has an extremely flat bridge, limited septal cartilage, and most significantly, NO NOSE TIP BONE. as in, normally when you press your nose tip, even if it's flat, there'll be some cartilage to form said flat structure, like a building? mine's literally just a flap of skin, like a tent. i can squash it any way i want without pain or obstruction. i believe my cartilage ends in the middle of my nose? i'm not sure if this is termed "short nose" as i have friends with the typical looking "short nose" but they do have something hard in their tip of which i have none.

right now, my main concern is that i would not have enough ear cartilage to craft the nice, sharp tip i fancy, since i have absolutely nada nose tip bone to start with and i imagine i would have to use a whole load of ear cartilage to achieve the desired effect. on the other hand, i believe an L-shaped silicone implant would help me achieve my desired tip projection but i'm concerned about the usual problems associated with an L-implant (extrusion, warping etc.

i would really appreciate it if someone could advise me on this! thanks a lot :)

Dr Kao quoted me ***,000 NTD. I'm not sure it's just for rib rhino or with paranasal augmentation. I'll have to check with him again. But still pretty expensive. Anyone tried asking for discounts? Would that be rude? :oops:

no1209

to clear things up

Post by no1209 » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 1:36 pm

have been receiving messages about my quote from dr. kao.

i am pretty sure that dr. kao doesn't quote only depending on different procedures. he also determines his charge on your "before" nose compared to your anticipated result too. keep that in mind. if you have a nose with completely no bridge, and want to have the height of a certain celebrity's nose, of coz he has to charge more. he has to spend more time to create that.