Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 9:20 am

Appletree,

your nose looks great!!!! I don't even see any swelling. Omg it looks so good. It doesn't look like you had any surgical operation!!!

UKorientalgirl,
I'm 100% Asian (well, you can guess from my bulbous thick skin nose if you see me lolz)and from US.

Oh, regarding doctors who do good eye lash implants, do you happen to know who? (maybe Dr. Jong??? do you think?)

When are you thinking of going to TW?

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 9:22 am

unheardof wrote:hey there, i just came back from TW, finally had my rhinoplasty with Dr Kao. I was there alone in the hospital. Dr Kao is a very nice and friendly doctor, however, i felt it would be better to have company. The after effect of GA was just too much to handle it alone, not a very good experience as i puke the min i was awake, i wasnt able to eat for 2 whole days.

I was glad that i chose Taiwan because i've relative staying there. I rely on my relative to buy me meals and cooked for me. I chose not to go out because i swell like nobody's business, my nose, eyes and even face.

I am now back in Singapore. I could gradually see the shape of my nose though, however, it still swell at the tip and the skin around the nose and eyes are still tight as ever.

I also have plans to change my hairstyle to distract others but i just do not have the courage to step out of my house.
mikko_baby80 wrote:Hi all! i've been a slient reader all these while, for mths in fact! can't believe myself. Finally I made up my mind to look for Dr Kao for rhinoplasty & Dr Chuang for epi. All the feedbacks & comments that are posted in this thread really inspires me & making me feel so excited & I can't wait to go for my op soon. But im all alone, never been to taiwan b4 & im extremely bad with my directions. Is there anyone planning to go taiwan somewhere early next yr?? Can anyone advise me if it's better to go for rhino or epi first? And also last question, has anyone been to taiwan alone for their ops?

TIA~ :D

Unheardof,

Thank you for posting your story. Congrats on getting your nose done and have a good healing!!!!

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done the laser treatment? If so, how many days after does your skin get red and start to peel?

Thanks for your info

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:02 pm

hihi unheardof! it's nice to hear tat ya bck in sg. i gotta agree tat being alone in a foreign country is no joke but so nice tat u hv relatives staying there! how long did u stay at TW? its gd to noe tat dr kao is a gd doc, i've seen a lot of ppl saying tat too. it makes me even more determined to go to him especially after seeing appletree's pic! dun care abt wat other ppl say ya.. juz keep telling urself few mths down the road u will be a da mei ren!! :D hope u hv a speedy recovery & take care ya.. looking forward to see ur pic if ya willing to share~ :wink:

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:58 am

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Appletree,

your nose looks great!!!! I don't even see any swelling. Omg it looks so good. It doesn't look like you had any surgical operation!!!

UKorientalgirl,
I'm 100% Asian (well, you can guess from my bulbous thick skin nose if you see me lolz)and from US.

Oh, regarding doctors who do good eye lash implants, do you happen to know who? (maybe Dr. Jong??? do you think?)

Hello,

Yes its Dr Jong that does eyelash implants! I emailed him asking if he would implant more hairs if i was prepared to pay more, and he quoted 60 in each eye which is really good considering Doctors in the US implant around 30-40 hairs in one eye. I recall reading one which only does 20 hairs!

I am thinking of going to Taiwan next year in May. When are you going? Which surgeons will you be going to? Sorry if you have already stated on the forum, I tend to loose track with the amount of posts on here.

x

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Re: Facial Bone Shaving REport!

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 2:44 pm

dimensionspectrum wrote:Hi all,

For those who are keen on facial bone shaving, i have some updates since one of my friend has already done it and it's 1 week post op.
I cant go till end of the year!

She did it with Dr Hsieh @ Wish Clinic. Dr hsieh & Dr Chuang are of the same clinic.

She says it's not painful at all, but it's uncomfortable due to the swell...
The 1st 3 days are quite bad but 4th day onwards, she feels better.
The drainage tube when removed is uncomfortable, not exactly painful till it makes u cry though(which i thought it is).

She healed very fast (because she's so diligent to do her cold and warm compress) and she goes back to the clinic EVERYDAY to undergo this light therapy which helps to hasten deswelling.
And she went shopping on the 5th day!!!!!!

She can see herself very different esp the 45degree angle and she's very satisfied with it.
She did malarplasty(cheek reduction) and jaw bone shaving.
I know she's going to be very pretty! :girl:
hihi dimensionspectrum, thanxs for sharing the experience.. my fren is also interested in doing tis kind of sugery. juz to cfm, facial bone shaving is to reduce face shape rite? my fren face is quite round & chubby. she would like to reduce her face shape. im not gd with those cosmetic surgery terms. wat kind of procedure is required? face lipo or facial bone shaving? to date is ur fren still satisfied with her result? greatly appreciate if anyone can give review on which taiwan doc is recommended & also more experience with this type of surgery.

TIA~ :D

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 3:05 pm

Is your friend fat? As in her body is fat? Or just face fat?
Most of the time, people will benefit more from direct bone shaving than face lipo. In many cases, the difference after facial lipo almost can't seen.

There's two aspects to face reduction. The first is the malar, or cheekbones. The other is the mandible, which is the lower jaw. There's really many combinations of the two that give a person a big/broad face. The best way would be to email one of the doctors with multiple pictures and ask them how to go about doing it. I'm at least 80-90% sure they won't recommend face lipo.

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 3:55 pm

cersepn wrote:Is your friend fat? As in her body is fat? Or just face fat?
Most of the time, people will benefit more from direct bone shaving than face lipo. In many cases, the difference after facial lipo almost can't seen.

There's two aspects to face reduction. The first is the malar, or cheekbones. The other is the mandible, which is the lower jaw. There's really many combinations of the two that give a person a big/broad face. The best way would be to email one of the doctors with multiple pictures and ask them how to go about doing it. I'm at least 80-90% sure they won't recommend face lipo.
she's quite short like me & body belongs to plump category. she's considering face lipo because like me, we r both newbie in cosmetic surgery & not sure of wat other methods is available. is Dr Kao or Dr Chuang well versed in tis kind of face reduction? my thought is to find a reputable doc first & email him/her for advise but at the moment i've totally no idea which doc is well trained in tis type of surgery. :-|
thanxs for the info cersepn!

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 4:10 pm

AFAIK, korea is better in jaw/face reduction. But you can see in the first post of this thread, where feline.eyes posted a website, miniface. That doctor is supposed to be good with facial reduction

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 9:24 pm

I don't think Dr kao does jaw work from what I can remember, I know he does chin implants and doesnt do buccal fat removal.

x

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:20 pm

thanxs a lot cersepn & ukorientalgirl, i'll do more research on dr tsai & others.. Cheeri0~ :D

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:08 am

ukorientalgirl wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:Appletree,

UKorientalgirl,

Hello,

Yes its Dr Jong that does eyelash implants! I emailed him asking if he would implant more hairs if i was prepared to pay more, and he quoted 60 in each eye which is really good considering Doctors in the US implant around 30-40 hairs in one eye. I recall reading one which only does 20 hairs!

I am thinking of going to Taiwan next year in May. When are you going? Which surgeons will you be going to? Sorry if you have already stated on the forum, I tend to loose track with the amount of posts on here.

x
I'll be going to taiwan next month to see Dr.Kao, but I'm also looking into the possibility of doing my eyes too. I'm not sure at this point.

Wow 60 hairs in one eye is very good. That's quite a bit. Do you know how often do we have to trim the lashes after the procedure?

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:16 am

hi everyone,

I'm having a debate on my mind as to which doc is good for double eyelid surgery (this is gonna be my primary). These are my two current choices: Dr. Su and Dr. Chuang. Please give me your opinions on who is better for my case. I heard that Dr. Su is one of the top eye surgeon, but why is that? What are the reasons that make her the top surgeon?

I look at the pics on both websites (Dr. Su and Dr. Chuang's), I don't see much difference. Can someone point this out to me?

For those who have done the surgery, how many days exactly for the swelling to be gone?

Has anyone done the double eyelid with Dr. Kao before?

Thank you for your inputs. I would really appreciate it. I'm kinda having a struggle right now.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:03 pm

Honestly, you go with which one should get quite good results also. For what it's worth, dr su does ONLY eyes, nothing else. That should tell you something about her experience doing eyes, whereas dr chuang does all sorts of procedure. I'm not saying dr chuang is not good; it's just that dr su should be more adept in eyes. But with that said, both docs are good so your results will be good regardless of which doc you go to.

Anyway you have to remember something. In most PS websites, not only tw, the before and after pics they have there is really not a good representation of the 'average' results - i'm at least 80-90% sure that there are much much better results.

Someone before you had her eyes done with dr su, i think? Within 2 weeks, she looks fantastic already. You might wanna look in the previous pages to see if her photo's still there. There's a few methods the tw surgeons use, one of which is the mini 3 point incision, which lets the eyes heal very fast. You can read more about that in dr chuang's website

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:07 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:hi everyone,

I'm having a debate on my mind as to which doc is good for double eyelid surgery (this is gonna be my primary). These are my two current choices: Dr. Su and Dr. Chuang. Please give me your opinions on who is better for my case. I heard that Dr. Su is one of the top eye surgeon, but why is that? What are the reasons that make her the top surgeon?

I look at the pics on both websites (Dr. Su and Dr. Chuang's), I don't see much difference. Can someone point this out to me?

For those who have done the surgery, how many days exactly for the swelling to be gone?

Has anyone done the double eyelid with Dr. Kao before?

Thank you for your inputs. I would really appreciate it. I'm kinda having a struggle right now.
I think it is in terms of feedback. Most of Dr Su's patients have great things to say about her and are very happy about the results.

p.s. Above said refers to the feedbacks gathered from the Taiwanese, not this forum's. Anyone who have read this thread will notice, no one here has actually gone to Dr Su yet (actual procedure). In Taiwan, some of the more famous blepharoplasty surgeons are Dr Su, Dr Yang (Artwood) and Dr Yang (Hi Pretty). Dr Chuang is a mammoplasty expert.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:35 pm

moonlight_pmdct,

I think the eyelashes need trimming about every 2 weeks or so. I can't remember how much he quoted me....will have a look at my emails later..

I was wondering, how are you guys paying for your surgeries? Can you pay by card or does it have to be cash upfront? I very much doubt my credit cards would work in Taiwan and I dont think I would be too comfortable bringing a wad of cash with me.....

x