Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
radeon

Post by radeon » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 7:13 pm

madaboutplastic wrote:id be at taipei on 29th one day only to consult.

anyone going as well? Will go see Dr Kao and Dr Su as I did not manage to go last time round.

madaboutplastic and intoxicat,

i cant reply to your message because i have not enough post.
please send me your email or phone to my mail.

i have seen Dr Kao alread, but i have not yet decide, once i am decided, i will be going and i would be happy to have a company, so we could take care each other during recovery, even better we could have cheaper lodging cost.

also might c dr chen for eyes, maybe if possible
yoo

radeon

Post by radeon » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 7:13 pm

madaboutplastic wrote:id be at taipei on 29th one day only to consult.

anyone going as well? Will go see Dr Kao and Dr Su as I did not manage to go last time round.

madaboutplastic and intoxicat,

i cant reply to your message because i have not enough post.
please send me your email or phone to my mail.

i have seen Dr Kao alread, but i have not yet decide, once i am decided, i will be going and i would be happy to have a company, so we could take care each other during recovery, even better we could have cheaper lodging cost.

also might c dr chen for eyes, maybe if possible
yoo

syndar

Post by syndar » Sat, 25 Oct 2014 4:40 pm

mint_leaf wrote:Keen in double eyelids at star clinic too ! Tentatively looking at dates from 18 Dec, need to be back before Xmas.
Hi, have you book with the clinic? i'm planning to go star clinic too. I do not have enough post to pm you yet. Pls send me your email to my mail if you wish to go together. :D

intoxicat

Post by intoxicat » Sat, 25 Oct 2014 9:11 pm

hi,

am planning to go star clinic in taipei for rhinoplasty.

i like the nose done by their principal. heard alot foreigners including singaporean have gone there for PS as well.

this is some of the experience shared by their bloggers

http://starwall.starclinic.com.tw/Wall?pid=4&cid=31

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Re: Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Post by madaboutplastic » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 9:05 pm

Was in taiwan last week for nose revision with rib consultation.

Only had time to visit Dr Kao (Milanclinic) & Dr Tseng (Aphrodite clinic)
Had in mind to visit Dr Wei(Visage) and Dr Zhang(2young) but just not enough time.

Dr Kao
The receptionist booked me and 1 other girl at 10am but doors were not opened. When I finally called and she opened the door, she claimed that I was the one to ask for 10am slot when it was totally off the truth. Trivial things like that matters.

Actual consultation with Dr Kao. I asked him many technical questions on rhinoplasty and he was patient to explain. Consultation was over in 2 hours and there was no digital remodelling. Saw other patients before and after photos. Some were good. Some were so-so.

Overall impression was good. But halfway through the consultation, he had this beauty consultant who sits in and offers her opinion time to time when she is not a doctor. I dont like it. The price he quoted for taiwan locals (according to taiwan forums) appear alot lower than to foreigners.

Aside for nose which Dr Kao is supposed to be expert in, he does eyes surgery as well. After telling him that my condition may require mullerectomy, he recommended me another occuloplastic expert in Taiwan hospital. Is good. Shows that he only does what he is confident in.

Dr Tseng
I was in a rush hence only had half an hour with the Doctor. There is a row of about 5-6 receptionists. One led me to a room and began firing her questions on my past surgeries records. The worst part was that she asked alot, but wrote just few words on the records. So I got fedup and asked her "Am I seeing you or the doctor?"
She then said sorry please wait and scurry away.

Finally saw Dr Tseng. He was able to pinpoint exactly what my problem was and aesthetically how I want it without me saying which celebrity I want to look like. Alot of aunties were waiting outside for nose consultation. Dr Kao has younger patients but not as many waiting for consultation.

In terms of technicality, you would need to do alot of homework before coming to Tseng. Because his style is quite similar to Thai doctors. You want A you get A. If you want A +B + C, then you have to state specifically and ask how it would be done.

Tseng fees are a hell lot cheaper than Kao's, both using rib cartilage.

I should be doing a revision, either in Singapore or in Taiwan in middle of December. Still considering.

aveline

Post by aveline » Wed, 03 Dec 2014 3:42 am

I am planning to go to Taipei to do Mini incision double eyelid surgery. Planning to go on 05/01/2015 for 8 days. May I know who is going to there as well ? :D :D :D :D

LWJLWJ

Post by LWJLWJ » Sat, 27 Dec 2014 9:31 pm

I am going for my nose surgery with Dr Kao next month 5th January 2015 till 11th January 2015!

Will be going for open rib rhinoplasty, alarplasty, osteotomy and tiplasty.

I am staying at Saual Keh Hotel which is in the same district as Milano Clinic which he will be operating on me.

Would love to meet up with people who are going around the same dates!

Please drop me a private message with your email address so I can contact you! :D

Hopefully my surgery will be a success and I can share with you all.. O:)

done

Post by done » Sat, 10 Jan 2015 6:09 pm

Dear All,

I have people PM-ing me asking me about Kao's skills and price. I cannot PM my reply as I do not have enough post.

For price, I am not able to remember since is quite long ago. It is up to the patients skill to negotiate with Dr Kao. For the one who asked about rib, I do not know as I did not do that. I did ear and nasal cartilage.

My friend and I are satisfied with our nose (as it solve our fundamental problem). Just that the nostrils are not entirely symmetrical and my bff's one seem worst because her bridge is higher and her nostrils can be seem from frontal view (thus is more obvious than mine which require me to tilt my head up before anyone can see my nostrils).

But to be fair to Dr Kao, our nostril are somehow not symmetrical before already. Perhaps now because it is higher, the effect tends to appear larger.

krisvonoz

Post by krisvonoz » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 7:05 pm

Hi

I recently (not even two months yet) had my nose done with ryan hsu in Kaohsiung. and so far I like the results. still alot of swelling but i can defiantly see the shape I really like how defined the tip looks. However, my only regret seemed to be figuring out what kind of nose I wanted on my face. Didn't know how big I wanted it to be.

Image this was my nose taken by ryan during our consultation
Image the top pic was pre-op nose while bottom is me trying to pull the bridge out. basically I wanted to get rid of that suken look in my mid face and make my tip more defined and just a bit longer.

During the consultation I gave these pics for him to look at I think that's where I went wrong....
ImageImageImage
I really liked the nose of each of guys and how for the first two their noses gave them a "fresher look" but I honestly didn't expect my doctor to give me that kind of look and wasn't really expecting it. actually I didn't know what to expect I just really hated my nose...

krisvonoz

Post by krisvonoz » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 7:22 pm

so my rib rhinoplasty went well and I was so excited to see my new nose and I was shocked to see this:

two weeks post op pic that ryan took before I left to go back to Australia
I know that it doesn't look like much of a difference with it cropped out but it definantly completely changed how I looked. my face looked longer and it made my eyes look less tired and gave it some glow like the pic of the b/a guy. Anyway I thought I looked like an elf but instead of feeling depressed I just laughed because it just looked so funny. srsly imagining the unravel to see a completely different person :???:

anyway here are is my swelling timeline which seems to get better and better
ImageImage
about one month
The nose was really long looking and as you could see the tip looked droopy because of all the swelling

ImageImage
6 weeks post op
Now I can see good definition in the tip and its not as long anymore which I'm really happy with. Doctor said it will be even more defined in another 6-8 months so I'm happy to know that
I'm currently at around 6-7 weeks and I'll definitely be making updates

So as you can see the doctor was able to achieve the nose that I had in mind but I actually had something else in mind...please read the next post
I am a bit sad that the doctor wasn't able to give me curved nostrils from the side...but that's really about it.

krisvonoz

Post by krisvonoz » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 7:41 pm

PLEASE BE DON'T BE 100% SURE WHAT YOU WANT BUT TIMES IT BY 1000x

I had not actually considered how much I would look different after my rhinoplasty and if I had known I would have focused more of telling the surgeon the overall look I want for my face rather than just explain what I wanted changed for my nose

kinda stupid of me. obviously something right in the middle of your face makes a huge differnce :mad:
So if I could of anything different I would have just shown the doctor these pics and have him explain to me if it were possible to imitate and what other surgeries I would need to achieve it...

ImageImageImageImageImage

I wanted to get rid of my suken look and give the mid face with more definition which I have managed to acheive but it has made my face look longer which is what I showed to the doctor (silly me) and I do wish I had my face shape because my nose kind of gives me this elven look. not complaining as it is a million times better than my old nose but if I could have it any other way I would done my consultation differently.
just be really clear to your surgeon as to how you want to have your face changed rather than just the nose

angelicfiend

Post by angelicfiend » Thu, 21 May 2015 3:55 pm

I just emailed starclinic n they told me Dr Qiu no longer does dbl eyelid surgery :( I was 90% confirmed that I wanted him to do it n now Im lost!

My sis had hers done by Dr chen at regent n Im not sure if I wanna go there as he is famous for mini-incision but dwtime is slower n I had consulted a local doc n he mentioned I didn't hv to remove fats so the stitching method would be ok, although he did suggested me to get epi as I hv sm excess skin which might cause multiple folds.

Anyone has any other Taiwan docs to recommend?? Kinda lost now. Sigh

Changechange

Post by Changechange » Wed, 03 Jun 2015 8:21 am

hello
im planning to do my eyes in taiwan star clinic

thinking of going on 22 june.

anyone keen to join? def can lend each other moral support and explore tw tgt!

Chander

Post by Chander » Wed, 24 Jun 2015 9:31 am

Has someone ever been to Fabulous clinic in Kaohsiung?
I heard that doctor Chiu is good at rhinoplasty.

whatgoingon

Post by whatgoingon » Tue, 21 Jul 2015 2:08 pm

I have contacted Dr Ryan Hsu , he quoted me 200k ntd for nose lengthening (?) , higher nose bridge and nose pad.
I've also contacted Dr Yang
- http://www.artwood.com.tw/
Feline eye said she has read many great reviews but I haven't been able to find any on the net ?_?
May I know how reputable Dr Yang is?

I'll be flying over on the 19th of August. Will anyone be there?