Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

PANIC ATTACK!!!

Post by Blissful09 » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 7:49 am

nvm.......
Last edited by Blissful09 on Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:26 am

Hi blissful,

You can exchange the money at Taiwan Bank at Tao Yuan street, Ximenting, exit no 3 from Ximenting MRT station.

There may not be many money changer around so better be prepared. email your doc & ask for his advice.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 6:52 am

Hi Angelfern

thanks so much for your help!
I need a TAIPEI Bank outside the Taipei Airport... is this the closest one??

Do all patients that go to Taiwan for surgery pay all in cash????

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 9:17 am

I suppose depends on where u'll be heading, I'm staying in the hotel in Ximenting so that will be the nearest bank to me. We intend to pay in cash but i suppose you can also use credit cards. (don't know how favourable is the exchange rate)

What's your doc advice?

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 10:44 am

well my dr is dr hsu and he is from kaoshiung so.. he only knows the bank from there,,,, i wanna get bank for taipei so i can shop before heading to kaoshiung, What is Ximenting? is that an area in taipei? or name of the bank? And is it far from the Taipei airport?

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 11:11 am

i would think that if you were going all the way to taiwan for an impt surgery, you would do some research first.

Like Taipei is the capital of Taiwan, Ximenting is the fashion capital of Taipei. And every place in Taipei is far from the airport. If you need money straight out from the airport, just change at the airport - there are plenty of moneychangers in the airport itself.

Plus, who said that you cannot exchange NT dollars in Singapore? Just go to any money changers in Raffles Place, think the rate is about NT22 plus or NT23 to S$1.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 1:52 pm

Actually i have been to taiwan before (2006)
and yeah ive been planning my rhino since 2008 so one year already.
but yeah i really didnt know Ximenting was fashion capital (i guess u mean where its all the hip cool shopping busy areas are)
Im not from Singapore. Im pretty sure singapore does change it tho cuz both countries are asian countries.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 5:09 pm

well i didn't know you were not from sg since this is an sg forum. I don't know anyone who went to taiwan and doesn't know where ximending/ximenting is, it's like you went to sg but doesn't know where's orchard road. The place's pretty famous & easy to google about.

at the taipei airport, the rate's slightly inferior but definitely comparable to banks' rates. You can change abit there for emergency purposes. There's a coach service from taipei airport to ximending hotels if you have booked your hotel at ximending. The hotels will also help with the money-changing portion or direct you to a nearby money changer.

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 1:13 am

Finally gotten round to booking my flight tickets!!! :D Planning to get my nose and chin done by Dr. Kao, and eyes by Dr. Su. *excited*

moodie

Post by moodie » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 5:38 am

missuglynose, if you don't mind me asking did you consult with Dr Su through email or did you just call the office to book an appointment?

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:39 am

huskyjude wrote:well i didn't know you were not from sg since this is an sg forum. I don't know anyone who went to taiwan and doesn't know where ximending/ximenting is, it's like you went to sg but doesn't know where's orchard road. The place's pretty famous & easy to google about.

at the taipei airport, the rate's slightly inferior but definitely comparable to banks' rates. You can change abit there for emergency purposes. There's a coach service from taipei airport to ximending hotels if you have booked your hotel at ximending. The hotels will also help with the money-changing portion or direct you to a nearby money changer.
actually know, exactly your from singapore so that means u must be a mandarin speaker. Non mandarin speakers just go to taipei and shop and do not read/look and memorize the titles of area they are in, They just go there and shop and perhaps memorize the name of the mall. Like i said i went to TAIWAN, i lived in Taichung with my bf thats where he lives. And im not a mandarin speaker.. so like most non mandarin we do not know what Ximenting is. And sorry that you got confused, its probably cuz my first message u didnt read that i wasnt from singapore. Actually most rhinoplasty Asians come on this thread as well as PurseForum who are not from singapore. So i get it.

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:44 am

moodie: I'm planning to call the office - my friend's Taiwanese so I'm asking her to help me make an appointment, to save $ on International calls. I tried to do the whole online appointment thing but it's such a hassle to sign up (and I don't think you can with a foreign address :( )

I've also lined up a second option in case she's not available/too expensive/cannot give me what I want. The center is called 丽晶, also in Taipei (there's a place in KaoShiung with the same name but not the same center). All the most recent double eyelid surgery raves on Fashion Guide are from that place. Am planning to check out both before making my final decision :)

moodie

Post by moodie » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:04 am

missuglynose wrote:moodie: I'm planning to call the office - my friend's Taiwanese so I'm asking her to help me make an appointment, to save $ on International calls. I tried to do the whole online appointment thing but it's such a hassle to sign up (and I don't think you can with a foreign address :( )

I've also lined up a second option in case she's not available/too expensive/cannot give me what I want. The center is called 丽晶, also in Taipei (there's a place in KaoShiung with the same name but not the same center). All the most recent double eyelid surgery raves on Fashion Guide are from that place. Am planning to check out both before making my final decision :)
I read it on Dr Su's forum that it costs 16000-26000 TWD for double eyelid (not sure if it includes epi). I can't believe it's so hard to get in touch with her because I remember a foreigner went to there before. Can you please let me know if you have successfully made an appointment with her?

I heard about 丽晶 as well. It costs 25000 for their famous tiny incision method. I can't seem to find which doctor does the eyelid surgery though. Have you contacted this clinic yet?

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:53 am

moodie wrote:
missuglynose wrote:moodie: I'm planning to call the office - my friend's Taiwanese so I'm asking her to help me make an appointment, to save $ on International calls. I tried to do the whole online appointment thing but it's such a hassle to sign up (and I don't think you can with a foreign address :( )

I read it on Dr Su's forum that it costs 16000-26000 TWD for double eyelid (not sure if it includes epi). I can't believe it's so hard to get in touch with her because I remember a foreigner went to there before. Can you please let me know if you have successfully made an appointment with her?

I heard about 丽晶 as well. It costs 25000 for their famous tiny incision method. I can't seem to find which doctor does the eyelid surgery though. Have you contacted this clinic yet?
Ya me too, I tried emailing her 3 weeks ago but never got any replies. Will be going Dr. Chuang instead. Dr. Jung was the fastest in replying, within the next day or so.

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 1:51 pm

huskyjude and moodie: I'm gonna ask my friend to help me call the clinic within this week. Will let you guys know!

huskyjude: When are you going for your surgery? All the best!

Moodie: The doctor at 丽晶 is 陈院长,so I assume he/she is the head surgeon? They don't have a website so my friend will have to call on my behalf as well.