Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Epi

Post by boii18 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:20 am

plasticgirl wrote:Vivian Hsu's eyes look like one eye length apart. And she's beautiful.
Lin Chiling's eyes are close together. Also beautiful and youthful.
Fann Wong's eyes also one eye length apart.

I measured like tear duct corner to tear duct corner.

Just trying to help you feel better. Maybe it's not as bad as you think.

Yes, I'm Asian. For a while, I thought I looked caucasian and alien. So I know how you feel. My surgeon assured me he only moved my epi by less than 1mm but I think it's still too much. It's been a month. I'm still getting used to it.
Anyway thank you, I am not that upset over it now. I am now much more stable than a few days ago. And yes, I avoid mirrors as much as possible. Put a megan fox eye ( even larger at the epicanthoplasty region ) on an asian with a high bridge, and you just get how awkward it seems.

Further, my epicanthoplasty shape is tastelessly done. It doesn't point downwards and elegantly like in megan fox. The epi shape is rounded, flat and artificial.

I really want to thank you and everyone here who has offered their input. I didn't expect all this help and encouragement. I just wanted to warn everyone of this terrible doctor, that's all. I am mentally stable.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:25 am

angelfern wrote:Hi all,

My sis went to Dr Jong for her levator & double eyelid surgery, so far so good. Her bruising disappeared on the 5th day, double eyelid fold is still high but i think it's pretty good already.

I agree with blissful09, Dr Jong seems a little rough in his handling of patients as in when he's doing the checking of the eyes, he was instructing my sis to "look up, look down, look at me , look straight etc" all within a single breath.

He speaks like a bullet train when he gives his instructions, before my sis could respond to his first instruction of looking up, he barks "ok, look at me now.. look up... look down etc"

I was quite pissed too, i was like " come on, at least wait for the patient's response to your instruction before u give another"

Other than that, i suppose he's alright.

I was in the room with my sis when she went for consultation. later, I was sitting outside waiting, he called me to the consultation room again to show me how he drew my sis's double eyelid line & was explaining to me that if he do levator & follow my sis's existing natural double eyelid line, the double eyelid fold will appear lower.

We fear that she may not like it so we request doc to draw slighly higher than her existing line.

My sis told me that at the op table, he kept asking her to get up to check the results before he proceeded and she actually told him that she's very worried that he behave this way, but he assured her that he just want to be careful & do well etc.

On the op day, I find that he's more chatty to us, then 4 days later, when we went back to remove stitches, I find that he seems to be in a rush, we showed him the arnica montana gel that we bought from makemeheal, he pointed out that the instruction stated to avoid the eyes but what the hell, she has already applied on her lower eyes for the past few days already.
He was ok when he speaks to his nurse. I suppose his personality is a bit boorish by nature.

We reached taipei on sun evening 20 dec, sis did her eyes on mon 21 dec, removed her stitches on thur 24 dec, we flew back on fri 25 dec.

We had food poisoning on wed 23 dec, could be either the cheese cake that i bought on sun, then left in the hotel's fridge & ate it on tue night or the raw papaya salad we took along the shilin night market back lane.

anyway on wed morning, we started to puke really badly, i've stopped around evening but sis continued to puke till 2am. Whatever meds she took, she couldn't stomach at all. We walked a long way seeking for a western clinic, then walked a long way back to our hotel. The locals drew maps for us & kept telling us it's a short distance, then i realised it's one MRT station apart from the clinic to the hotel. We should have just taken a cab, I don't why we didn't give up & kept walking coz the locals kept saying it's just ahead. We're so sick, maybe affected our common sense too.

We shifted to Wonstar on wed, so i went to Mos burger right beside the hotel, bought burger for myself & soup for her. she threw up the soup a few minutes later, i was so worried as she also threw up the doctor's food poisoning meds & her sineech. I was contemplating to go emergency unit in the hospital at 2am.

when we went to the clinic in the afternoon, the doctor did asked if we wanted injections, i thought it's not serious so told him we just wanted meds. Should have just taken the jabs, at least it'll go into the system quickly. anyway, i had diarrhoea for the next 6 days, sis puked everything out even from her nose, can you imagine??? so she didn't have diarrhoea.

Anyway, the next day, on christmas eve, we showed our meds to Dr Jong, he seems to be in a hurry as it was around 12 pm & he has a op at 1pm. He mentioned that sometimes may not be food poisoning but not used to TW's water & food (???).

First time had food poisoning in our lives & in a foreign country, it's quite an experience. Needless to say, my travel plans are fouled, didn't go to hotspring, sight seeing etc. Didn't dare to eat anything on christmas day till our flight back & I was running a fever when i'm on the plane.
dear angel, yes I am waiting patiently for de-swelling. Any revisional work will wait until 1 year later. Now I am focusing on more important stuff like saving up money to buy a car. My plastic surgery game ends here, thanks to the heartless dr chuang.

anyway angel, its such a pity that so many things happened to you in taiwan. it must have really slowed your sister's recovery by quite abit.
and it must be horrible to suffer from food poisoning in a foreign land.

luckily you did not go for the anti-emetic injections. if administered wrongly, they have been known to cause tissue necrosis. it must be administered as a deep intramuscular injection ( around 3-4cm deep ). If injected into fats, a sizeable amount of patients' fat just rot away.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:38 am

dr chuang has not replied to me yet, its been 5 days. here's my second email.

"Hi Dr chuang

You have not replied to my previous email yet..

I realised I have dark eyelid skin, and putting makeup actually helps
it alot. My eyelid is ok , even though it is not up to my expectation,
I will not revise

But my epicanthoplasty is very over-corrected, to the point it looks
caucasian. My tear duct shows 4mm on each side, with the right side
being slightly more over-corrected.

I did not ask for my eyes to be made longer, or my intercanthal
distance to be reduced. This reduced intercanthal distance looks
un-friendly, and it is confirmed with computer imaging software (
adobe photoshop ) that you have changed the intercanthal distance
significantly.

I must repeat again, that in our consultation, I said that I did not
want the horizontal dimension of my eye to change. And you actually
said that epi has different methods, and this epi you can make it such
that it will not change the length of my eye.

I know that in surgery, results are unpredictable and I understand.
However, I think it should be important to listen to what a patient
wants, as he/she has to live with it. And if there happens to be some
big error in the surgery, the surgeon should revise.

I hope that you can help me.

Yours sincerely

plasticgirl

eye width

Post by plasticgirl » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 2:28 am

I'm curious now about the eye width thing..

How do you measure? Like inner corner to outer corner? Where does the outer corner end? like at the end of the white or the corners of the lashline?

When I use photoshop, the distance between my eyes are 2.0cm and the closed eyeline is 1.5cm. Is that a good distance or too close?

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 8:39 am

angelfern wrote:Hi all,

My sis went to Dr Jong for her levator & double eyelid surgery, so far so good. Her bruising disappeared on the 5th day, double eyelid fold is still high but i think it's pretty good already.

I agree with blissful09, Dr Jong seems a little rough in his handling of patients as in when he's doing the checking of the eyes, he was instructing my sis to "look up, look down, look at me , look straight etc" all within a single breath.

He speaks like a bullet train when he gives his instructions, before my sis could respond to his first instruction of looking up, he barks "ok, look at me now.. look up... look down etc"

I was quite pissed too, i was like " come on, at least wait for the patient's response to your instruction before u give another"

Other than that, i suppose he's alright.

I was in the room with my sis when she went for consultation. later, I was sitting outside waiting, he called me to the consultation room again to show me how he drew my sis's double eyelid line & was explaining to me that if he do levator & follow my sis's existing natural double eyelid line, the double eyelid fold will appear lower.

We fear that she may not like it so we request doc to draw slighly higher than her existing line.

My sis told me that at the op table, he kept asking her to get up to check the results before he proceeded and she actually told him that she's very worried that he behave this way, but he assured her that he just want to be careful & do well etc.

On the op day, I find that he's more chatty to us, then 4 days later, when we went back to remove stitches, I find that he seems to be in a rush, we showed him the arnica montana gel that we bought from makemeheal, he pointed out that the instruction stated to avoid the eyes but what the hell, she has already applied on her lower eyes for the past few days already.
He was ok when he speaks to his nurse. I suppose his personality is a bit boorish by nature.

We reached taipei on sun evening 20 dec, sis did her eyes on mon 21 dec, removed her stitches on thur 24 dec, we flew back on fri 25 dec.

We had food poisoning on wed 23 dec, could be either the cheese cake that i bought on sun, then left in the hotel's fridge & ate it on tue night or the raw papaya salad we took along the shilin night market back lane.

anyway on wed morning, we started to puke really badly, i've stopped around evening but sis continued to puke till 2am. Whatever meds she took, she couldn't stomach at all. We walked a long way seeking for a western clinic, then walked a long way back to our hotel. The locals drew maps for us & kept telling us it's a short distance, then i realised it's one MRT station apart from the clinic to the hotel. We should have just taken a cab, I don't why we didn't give up & kept walking coz the locals kept saying it's just ahead. We're so sick, maybe affected our common sense too.

We shifted to Wonstar on wed, so i went to Mos burger right beside the hotel, bought burger for myself & soup for her. she threw up the soup a few minutes later, i was so worried as she also threw up the doctor's food poisoning meds & her sineech. I was contemplating to go emergency unit in the hospital at 2am.

when we went to the clinic in the afternoon, the doctor did asked if we wanted injections, i thought it's not serious so told him we just wanted meds. Should have just taken the jabs, at least it'll go into the system quickly. anyway, i had diarrhoea for the next 6 days, sis puked everything out even from her nose, can you imagine??? so she didn't have diarrhoea.

Anyway, the next day, on christmas eve, we showed our meds to Dr Jong, he seems to be in a hurry as it was around 12 pm & he has a op at 1pm. He mentioned that sometimes may not be food poisoning but not used to TW's water & food (???).

First time had food poisoning in our lives & in a foreign country, it's quite an experience. Needless to say, my travel plans are fouled, didn't go to hotspring, sight seeing etc. Didn't dare to eat anything on christmas day till our flight back & I was running a fever when i'm on the plane.
Thats sooooo funny, cuz i went on the exact same day to see Dr Jong! I was the first patient at 9am to meet him.. yeah his personality completely turn me off. I understand plastic surgery hurts but seeing dr jong.. i felt like.. for some reason.. it might hurt more.. lol its a unexplainable feeling. Im glad your sis surgery turn out well.
-

Anyone here done rhinoplasty before? I have a few questions
1) right now my nose isnt like a piggy (most ppl say it begins like that once cast/stitches remove) mine looks like a parrot hawk's beak... is it possible for the curve to all of the sudden turn upwards after deswelling/healing? Because its turn downwards and damn ugly.

2) I now have a high bridge.. the part between my eye is raised too high... how much more will it go lower? After deswelling/healing will it become more flat? By how much? (how many weeks?)

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 11:55 am

Hi blissful,

ya, he must have woken up from the wrong side of the bed that day, haha.
How's your nose? u're using silicon, goretex or rib?

anyway, we've seen Dr Kao, he commented my nose tip with silicon is showing, best to do rib havesting.

So we may go to TW again this year.

The problem is after this trip, i feel so tired, just want to drop all PS plans & go travelling instead.

Previously, I was planning to go for lipo, now I'll shelf it to much later as i've to spend around 7k if i'm heading back again for the nose. We gotta stay at least 9 days mininum.

first day arrival, next day see him for consultation, then 3rd day for the op, have to stay another 7 days then we can remove the plastic cast.

i don't know if it's because of the bad experience or what, i'm rather reluctant to go back, i can still recall the 5 spices powder smell for their cooked food in the air, making me very nauseous.

This time, not keen & didn't look forward to it as i think it'll be like a revision, seems will not be prettier as Dr Kao said that my existing height of the bridge is ok, he'll not make it higher.

Then i'll be just spending 7k to correct my tip problem since i'm not expecting much changes to my nose profile. so u can understand that i'm not actually very enthusiastic.

To remove a part of my rib just to beautify myself seems to be a bit too much for me. But sis prefer this as she thinks it's better, will not reject & cause problems in the future. It's like consciously hurting myself, i don't know if all of u understand my rationale.

I'll consult my SG PS doc for his advice on rib havesting, just worried about the side effects when we're old or become weaker when we do sports or fall down. All this Dr Kao assured me in this email that it's alright.

Just find it so redundant, ever cross my mind to just remove the implant, solve the problem but i'll be dissatisfied with the original height.

Was thinking of going back to my doc here to do silicon & ear cartilage but Dr Kao advised to use rib as first choice since i'm already having problems with silicon, if not use donated ribs or gorotex.

I don't mind paying more for donated ribs but fear about future problems like rejection etc.

The SG doc don't do ribs so whatever he say, i'll take it with a pinch of salt too.
Last edited by angelfern on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 1:25 pm

angelfern wrote: anyway, we've seen Dr Kao, he commented my nose tip with silicon is showing, best to do rib havesting.

This time, not keen & didn't look forward to it as i think it'll be like a revision, seems will not be prettier as Dr Kao said that my existing height of the bridge is ok, he'll not make it higher.

Then i'll be just spending 7k to correct my tip problem since i'm not expecting much changes to my nose profile. so u can understand that i'm not actually very enthusiastic.

To remove a part of my rib just to beautify myself seems to be a bit too much for me. But sis prefer this as she thinks it's better, will not reject & cause problems in the future. It's like consciously hurting myself, i don't know if all of u understand my rationale.

I'll consult my SG PS doc for his advice on rib havesting, just worried about the side effects when we're old or become weaker when we do sports or fall down. All this Dr Kao assured me in this email that it's alright.

Just find it so redundant, ever cross my mind to just remove the implant, sove the problem but i'll be dissatisfied with the original height.

Was thinking of going back to my doc here to do silicon & ear cartilage but Dr Kao advised to use rib as first choice since i'm already having problems with silicon, if not use donated ribs or gorotex.

I don't mind paying more for donated ribs but fear about future problems like rejection etc.

The SG doc don't do ribs so whatever he say, i'll take it with a pinch of salt too.
Hmm the tip is actually the most important part of the nose. Even with the same bridge height but nicer tip, the results can be much better.

If your existing silicon implant is extruding.. it's really best not to use silicon again, even if the revision will involve placing ear cartilage at the tip to prevent another extrusion.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 2:41 pm

yeah, we've seen JJ chua last yr, he pointed out my tip too.
i'm mentally prepared to use ear cartilage for tip, but a bit apprehensive using the rib as my bridge.

sigh, if a person can only do twice on the nose, i hope i can make a wise decision & do a good one, the end.

oh, for Dr Jong, try to pay cash coz he'll charge additional 5% more for using credit card. My sis didn't withdraw the op fees in cash due to a last minute ill advice by her friend, in the end, i've to help her pay half in cash, the rest by credit card, so we ended up paying additional $37.50 for the 5 % of the NT15000, the full amount is NT 30 000 for her levator & double eyelid.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 3:24 pm

Angelfern if you want you can purchase my Rib!! :D
Im a whole and healthy person, dr hsu did many health check up on me! haha.. i wish i had just used ear cartilage.. for real.. my nose is sooo damn high...

Dr Hsu is a amazing doctor, i think his skills are very good and he is really nice (it was my own fault because i went against his suggestions and told him stuff that i THOUGHT would look good on me which didnt turn out to be so) His nurses on the other hand is a different story, they r your typical taiwanese girls, and i suggest u pay more money cuz thats what it seems they care about.. get a on-care doctor.. and make sure there is a lot of ppl watching when they are gonna do the blood test, and IV drip. Cuz honestly my hand hasnt healed yet and im having difficulties with my middle finger. (remember they stabbed my hand twice.. and were trying to do it the 3rd time.. but i started crying)

Yes i would NEVER put plastic in my nose.. im too scared.. why did u do it in the first place? How long ago was this???? Im thinking of revision too.. so im not sure if i should continue to use my ointment and scar cream so it can close/heal properly.. when im gonna cut myself open later on anyways... hmmmmmmmmm

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 3:52 pm

Hi blissful,

uhh?
I thought u just did your nose barely 2 weeks ago, why thinking of revision. I did mine in SG 4 years ago, rather naive, didn't read the forum & know about extrusion, just trust the doc & do it, probably told doc i don't want to do ear cartilage coz scared of pain..

so u used your rib?

The nurses sound scary & your drip thingy seems painful too.
How much did you pay for Dr Hsu? Dr Kao charges NT120 000 for rib, NT 150 000 for donated rib.

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 7:37 pm

I'm leaving for Taiwan this Saturday!

Consultation with Dr. Su and at Li Jing on Monday (11/1) (still undecided on which to pick), eyelid surgery on Tuesday (12/1). I want a tapered parallel eyelid with no epi, but willing to take the doctors' suggestions into consideration.

Consultation with Dr. Hsu on 21/1, surgery on 22/1. Bridge augmentation and elongation via septal+ear cartilage, plus alarplasty. Leaving Taiwan on 4th Feb.

I'm very excited but sh*t scared at the same time. I initially picked Dr. Kao, but decided to go with Dr. Hsu instead because Dr. Kao suggested I use Goretex and I don't want foreign objects in my nose.

Still debating on whether I should get chin augmentation (also with Dr. Hsu) to balance out my new nose, but I've read so many horror stories about nerve damage and indentations below the lip that I'm starting to chicken out >.<

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 9:33 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

broydlee

Post by broydlee » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 2:11 am

yeah exactly. Chin surgery is painful. A friend of mine underwent this procedure and told how painful it was.
HD TV on your Computer with over 3500 tv channels worldwide: http://tvonline-gude.blogspot.com

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 6:10 am

angelfern wrote:Hi blissful,

uhh?
I thought u just did your nose barely 2 weeks ago, why thinking of revision. I did mine in SG 4 years ago, rather naive, didn't read the forum & know about extrusion, just trust the doc & do it, probably told doc i don't want to do ear cartilage coz scared of pain..

so u used your rib?

The nurses sound scary & your drip thingy seems painful too.
How much did you pay for Dr Hsu? Dr Kao charges NT120 000 for rib, NT 150 000 for donated rib.

i paid 100,000 =(

well cuz no one answered yet that the nose will all of the usdden surve upwards.. i too know that it wouldnt make sense for a downward curved nose to all of the sudden curve upwards.. so im guessing its going to look like a long nose / bird's nose forever. Its not getting any nicer looking. Its sooo ugly cuz its incredibly high... only the tip will deswell, the part between my eyes already seem to heal but its still quite high. Im giving the tip a chance to deswell but even i know its not gonna point upwards..just droop downwards.

Missuglynose please keep contact with me when u go to dr hsu ok? Your damn lucky.. i wish i used what u did... i regret using my rib.. its wayyy too much material. my nose so damn long. DAMN i wish we can trade material!!! lol

[email protected]

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:16 am

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.