Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 3:21 pm

Last edited by rhinose on Sun, 13 Jun 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:11 am

HI guys!

Need to ask you guys if anyone did Rhinoplasty using LOCAL

If you did.... DID IT HURT?

I only did my nose with general. Need to know if being under LOCAL will hurt.

So if you have rhinoplasty or revision before with your nose under local, please please PM me.
If you want $25 credit for $15 on xquisis clothing and shoes contact me
Save money.

tinanana

Post by tinanana » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 8:30 pm

hey... i juz did nose (rib+ear cartilage) + chin (sliding genioplasty) on thursday...now every swollen... today dr kao peel off the tape around my jaw line...
my rib cage + nose+ chin+ ear doesnt hurt at all ... i juz feel numb around my chin...lower lips + teeth
the night after surgery when i walk to toilet with my bf holding my hand...i fainted when i get up =0=... the nurse said it's bcoz GA still not gone...need to stand up 1 min b4 walking n when sitted down will need to sit for 1 min at least b4 standing up again...scared my bf lol...any1 going under GA take care!
there's a lady who slept in the same room as me said that there's quite alot of ppl doing noses these few days
hoping to deswell quick ........ :shock:

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Sun, 13 Jun 2010 3:50 pm

tinanana wrote:hey... i juz did nose (rib+ear cartilage) + chin (sliding genioplasty) on thursday...now every swollen... today dr kao peel off the tape around my jaw line...
my rib cage + nose+ chin+ ear doesnt hurt at all ... i juz feel numb around my chin...lower lips + teeth
the night after surgery when i walk to toilet with my bf holding my hand...i fainted when i get up =0=... the nurse said it's bcoz GA still not gone...need to stand up 1 min b4 walking n when sitted down will need to sit for 1 min at least b4 standing up again...scared my bf lol...any1 going under GA take care!
there's a lady who slept in the same room as me said that there's quite alot of ppl doing noses these few days
Hey hope your doing well.

I like to know more about why you chose to use your own rib cartilage?

Anyway how much did you paid for yours? I am just wondering if the price is fixed or different.

I am considering using rib donor as i find the results might be the same and no scarring plus pain.

Like to hear from you guys your input?

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Sun, 13 Jun 2010 3:54 pm

Blissful09 wrote:HI guys!

Need to ask you guys if anyone did Rhinoplasty using LOCAL

If you did.... DID IT HURT?

I only did my nose with general. Need to know if being under LOCAL will hurt.

So if you have rhinoplasty or revision before with your nose under local, please please PM me.
Hi Blissful just to share only time you will do Local is for less complicated and simple surgery.

For nose, that would be silicone implant.( and it will hurt a little sometimes)

If your talking about ear cartilage, ribs etc, GA is used. and you wont notice any pain during ops.

Btw i am curious why did you chose Dr hsu over Dr kao?

I am also curious as Dr Hsu mentions that using donated ribs means i have to use my ear and septal cartilage as well.

but using my own ribs, i do not have to supplment it. I am guessing this is due to the absorbtion rate?

Also, Dr Hsu prices seem to be be slightly cheaper.

GUYS like your input on the 2 Drs on their skills

asianflame

rib surgery plus alar reduction with Dr Kao

Post by asianflame » Sun, 13 Jun 2010 5:01 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has positive feedback about rib augmentation and alar base reduction surgery with Dr. Kao? I am looking to get my bridge and tip augmented with rib and my alar flare reduced.

He doesn't appear to have any good pics of alar reduction/nostril narrowing on his website. Is this an area that he is not too concerned about? Does anyone know or think he does good alar reduction work?

Also, anyone experienced warping or over resorption with your rib implants?

Please PM me if you would like!

Thank you so much.

tinanana

Post by tinanana » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:56 am

rhinose wrote:
tinanana wrote:hey... i juz did nose (rib+ear cartilage) + chin (sliding genioplasty) on thursday...now every swollen... today dr kao peel off the tape around my jaw line...

Anyway how much did you paid for yours? I am just wondering if the price is fixed or different.

I am considering using rib donor as i find the results might be the same and no scarring plus pain.

slowly deswelling...very slow lol... my face+neck looking so fat haha...no definition...

i choose to use my own rib cartilage bcoz in my opinion if i use rib for nose y not use my own...as i dun want a higher rate of infection/rejection of implant. donar rib im not so sure about it as i didnt research much on it... theres a hk girl who did donar rib with dr hsu n shes doing quite well... i dun mind the scar on the chest (=0= i dun wear bikini at all lol)
if you are considering rib cartilage it is better to use ur own...even the price is cheaper than buying a donar rib.

i think the pain is depends on the person...as for me i dont really feel any pain even when i sneeze or cough (juz feel like there is a bruise there). i also used ear cartilage as well... i heard that ppl saying the ear will hurt after the surgery but i experience none of that :shock: lucky me?!
my nose juz feel uncomfortable+ chin is very numb...!
block nose for the few days then now a bit better... feel like hav runny stuff inside my nose lol...not blood though..
1st few days when i clean my nose the stuff came out looks gross haha... then now ok la... not much blood n stuff come out...juz the nose a little bit blocked thats all...

for any1 who is considering sliding genioplasty...again i dun feel any pain at all :lol: i started to eat some solid/normal food today (2days/3days) after surgery. for liquid diet i juz eat congee from the kang ning restaurant and add some flavouring (chicken sweetcorn soup powder stuff) ...or juz add some flavoured instant oats

currency exchange is quite a problem...! i exchanged some at the airport to pay for 3 nights of hotel and some money for taxi n food... their limit is 150000ntd and 30ntd fee charge. i suggest to change only for a small amount !!! bcoz the difference is quite big...although the guy said that it's no different...liar :mad:
i was very lucky bcoz my bf is looking after me...he found a bank in taipei city that changes currency without charging fee. the rates are similar to airport 1 but still a little bit different!! the bank i exchanged money from in taipei city is in taipei train station- take mtr to there...and the bank is behind sogo..called 兆豐國際商業銀行 (megabank in english)...dunno if theres a limit for exchanging currency but that day i exchanged £2000+++ pounds ...also bad thing about airport exchange is that they dun take in "old note" n note with "imperfection" =0=...

im currently taking some medication from dr kao -anitbiotics etc and some liquid+gel thing for nose cleaning etc... and also taking my own ones (arnica and vitamin c)...dunno arnica helps or not...no difference yet...took arnica few days b4 surgery and day after surgery. also drinking some soyabean milk for protein and pineapple juice for deswelling... hard to find pineapple juice in taipei!!! my bf searched alot of places and even taiwanese dunno where to find them... at the end he go to places by mtr to find pineapple juice =0=... he said that he bought the last 12 cans and the manager said theres no stock until 1 week later... he searched online n found that there's a place near kang ning apartment that might sell pineapple juice...but need to check check...

any1 going alone need to be prepared!!! the apartment is ok ...with cooker but no pan/wok for cooking...no spoon... no
chopstick...fork...etc...=0=..................didnt know that b4 !!!

oh...and my surgery cost is 180000NTD for nose (rib+ear+nose septal)+sliding genioplasty. b4 i was thinking of using medpor for chin n the cost of both surgery is 160000NTD and medpor is only 10000NTD cheaper than sliding genioplasty.... i guess nose with rib +ear etc will cost around 110000-130000NTD depends how much discount n how many surgery u r doing

for the kang ning hospital...abit disappointed! the nurses are ok but the toilet...no toilet paper leh...need to bring own...................=0= :???: luckily the lady slept in the same room as me brought some with her lol...no food provided as well..abit difficult if u r going alone...! after surgery under GA will feel very tired...i slept for quite long time lol... hard to look after yourself in this state...

take care!

rossie_chan

Post by rossie_chan » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 3:55 am

tinanana wrote:
rhinose wrote:

slowly deswelling...very slow lol... my face+neck looking so fat haha...no definition...

i choose to use my own rib cartilage bcoz in my opinion if i use rib for nose y not use my own...as i dun want a higher rate of infection/rejection of implant. donar rib im not so sure about it as i didnt research much on it... theres a hk girl who did donar rib with dr hsu n shes doing quite well... i dun mind the scar on the chest (=0= i dun wear bikini at all lol)
if you are considering rib cartilage it is better to use ur own...even the price is cheaper than buying a donar rib.

i think the pain is depends on the person...as for me i dont really feel any pain even when i sneeze or cough (juz feel like there is a bruise there). i also used ear cartilage as well... i heard that ppl saying the ear will hurt after the surgery but i experience none of that :shock: lucky me?!
block nose for the few days then now a bit better... feel like hav runny stuff inside my nose lol...not blood though..
1st few days when i clean my nose the stuff came out looks gross haha... then now ok la... not much blood n stuff come out...juz the nose a little bit blocked thats all...

for any1 who is considering sliding genioplasty...again i dun feel any pain at all :lol: i started to eat some solid/normal food today (2days/3days) after surgery. for liquid diet i juz eat congee from the kang ning restaurant and add some flavouring (chicken sweetcorn soup powder stuff) ...or juz add some flavoured instant oats

currency exchange is quite a problem...! i exchanged some at the airport to pay for 3 nights of hotel and some money for taxi n food... their limit is 150000ntd and 30ntd fee charge. i suggest to change only for a small amount !!! bcoz the difference is quite big...although the guy said that it's no different...liar :mad:
i was very lucky bcoz my bf is looking after me...he found a bank in taipei city that changes currency without charging fee. the rates are similar to airport 1 but still a little bit different!! the bank i exchanged money from in taipei city is in taipei train station- take mtr to there...and the bank is behind sogo..called 兆豐國際商業銀行 (megabank in english)...dunno if theres a limit for exchanging currency but that day i exchanged £2000+++ pounds ...also bad thing about airport exchange is that they dun take in "old note" n note with "imperfection" =0=...

im currently taking some medication from dr kao -anitbiotics etc and some liquid+gel thing for nose cleaning etc... and also taking my own ones (arnica and vitamin c)...dunno arnica helps or not...no difference yet...took arnica few days b4 surgery and day after surgery. also drinking some soyabean milk for protein and pineapple juice for deswelling... hard to find pineapple juice in taipei!!! my bf searched alot of places and even taiwanese dunno where to find them... at the end he go to places by mtr to find pineapple juice =0=... he said that he bought the last 12 cans and the manager said theres no stock until 1 week later... he searched online n found that there's a place near kang ning apartment that might sell pineapple juice...but need to check check...

any1 going alone need to be prepared!!! the apartment is ok ...with cooker but no pan/wok for cooking...no spoon... no

oh...and my surgery cost is 180000NTD for nose (rib+ear+nose septal)+sliding genioplasty. b4 i was thinking of using medpor for chin n the cost of both surgery is 160000NTD and medpor is only 10000NTD cheaper than sliding genioplasty.... i guess nose with rib +ear etc will cost around 110000-130000NTD depends how much discount n how many surgery u r doing

for the kang ning hospital...abit disappointed! the nurses are ok but the toilet...no toilet paper leh...need to bring own...................=0= :???: luckily the lady slept in the same room as me brought some with her lol...no food provided as well..abit difficult if u r going alone...! after surgery under GA will feel very tired...i slept for quite long time lol... hard to look after yourself in this state...

take care!

hi tinanana,

why did you need nose septal and sliding genioplasty?and did you go for revision case with Dr.Kao?

Thanks

tinanana

Post by tinanana » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 4:27 am

rossie_chan wrote:
tinanana wrote:
rhinose wrote: Hey hope your doing well.

take care!

hi tinanana,

why did you need nose septal and sliding genioplasty?and did you go for revision case with Dr.Kao?

Thanks
oh~i told dr kao that i want to use rib cartilage for nose n he said i also need the nose septal to lengthen my nose and use ear cartilage for the tip.the sliding genioplasty is for lengthening n projecting the chin
nope...this is my 1st time surgery for nose + chin
im hoping i wont need to do more surgery to correct it in the future so i choose to use my own material...feel safer

rossie_chan

Post by rossie_chan » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 5:32 am

tinanana wrote:
rossie_chan wrote:
tinanana wrote: slowly deswelling...very slow lol... my face+neck looking so fat haha...no definition...

take care!

hi tinanana,

Thanks
oh~i told dr kao that i want to use rib cartilage for nose n he said i also need the nose septal to lengthen my nose and use ear cartilage for the tip.the sliding genioplasty is for lengthening n projecting the chin
im hoping i wont need to do more surgery to correct it in the future so i choose to use my own material...feel safer

i see,how much did DR.Kao charge for both of your procedures?and did you ask him for discount?how is your result now,are you satisfied?and how long did you stay at kangning apartment?

thanks

tinanana

Post by tinanana » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 5:51 am

rossie_chan wrote:
tinanana wrote:
rossie_chan wrote:
hi tinanana,

Thanks

i see,how much did DR.Kao charge for both of your procedures?and did you ask him for discount?how is your result now,are you satisfied?and how long did you stay at kangning apartment?

thanks
cost 180000NTD for both . yup i did ask him for discount bcoz im doing 2 procedure with him... dunno how much discount he giv to other people :o
i cant really see the result yet as i hav a cast on my nose and my tip is quite red... but not big as in swelling...my chin i can see it is longer than b4 and the side projection has improved although my face is very well swelled up right now... i dun even recognise myself when i look into the mirror coz of the swelling...got bruises under the eye (yellow bruise) and got some bruises beside the chin...
im still at kang ning apartment...leaving on 21st...still got a week more to go and will hav my stitches remove either monday..tues or wednes

by the way...i ask for ah gill (from twins) 's nose or fiona sit's nose haha...=0=...duno will look like or not lol

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:07 am

Anyone going this year taipei between July-Aug?

Doing rhino, maybe Eyes.

PM me your msn we can discuss or add me at [email protected]

rhinose
Regular
Regular

Post by rhinose » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 1:30 am

Blissful09 wrote:
blueberrian wrote:Hi, I am thinking of a revision rhinoplasty with rib cartilage/donated rib. There seems to be a lot of good comments on Dr. Jung Dong-Hak from Korea and Dr. Hsu from Taiwan.

Anyone has done a revision rhinoplasty (esp. with rib cartilage/donated rib) with either Dr. Jung or Dr. Hsu? Was it good? How much did they charge? Thanks for sharing.

hi guys just to make something clear DR JONG (Taiwan) DR JUNG is KOREA.

Also... this is a TAIWAN forum..... but i actually know the price of Dr Jung (korea) he charges MINIMUM of $6000USD which is insanely expensive but his work was very veryyyyyy nice.

Dr Hsu charges 100,000 - 110,000 NTD which is a little more then half of what Dr Jung charges.
Apologies. just like to ask how nice is nice for Jung?

Is he regarded better than Dr Kao/Hsu?

Cam_

Hi

Post by Cam_ » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 5:25 pm

Hi guys,
Last edited by Cam_ on Mon, 01 Oct 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

xerox

Post by xerox » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:44 pm

can anyone please enlighten me, when you guys wrote emails to Dr Hsu or Dr Kao, do you guys type in Chinese?

I've sent my email (in English) to Dr Hsu few days ago, but to this date, still got no reply :???: