Singapore Expats Forum

Dependent pass problem! Help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yanagi

Dependent pass problem! Help

Postby yanagi » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:03 am

Just hired by a local company and supported by company to apply for PR. However, the application can only send in ICA no earlier than 3 days before the date of commencement of employment (middle of June). and then, they will going to issue me a temporary EP to allow me to work during the PR application time.

The problem comes that my wife just quit her job these days. I plan to apply dependent pass for her. But it seems the application can only send in MOM after I got my temporary EP (again, middle of June), which means there is an almost 3 weeks gap between my temporary EP and her DP application. Any suggestion that we can move smoothly through this gap?

BTW, I read from ICA that PR application can only apply within 3 days before work. My first day of work is on monday, which means I can only send in the application on Friday or Sat morning. I just wondering that when during these 2 days I can collect my temporary EP, and it seems the EP is issued by MOM while PR send in ICA. Is it that efficient I can done 2 things in 2 different department in 1.5 days? Any experience to share?

Thanks a lot!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:18 am

Are you coming here as a Landed PR? If not, why all the rush to try to apply for PR without even having worked here on an EP?

If you are coming here as a landed PR then they are that efficient no problems as they are set up for LRP's (they created it didn't they).

If you are not coming in as a Landed PR I'm not sure I quite understand your Temporary EP? Just because the company said it will support your application for PR doesn't mean that you will get it immediately. You will probably have get a normal EP and then apply for PR after about 6 months with an Annex A from the Employer acting as a sponsor that's all. The only shortcut to PR is the Landed PR scheme.

You wife should initially have a social visit pass. This can be extended and should be sufficient time to allow the EP to be issued and the subsequent Dependents pass to be issued.