Singapore Expats Forum

Dependent pass problem! Help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 11 May 2008 5:22 pm

Dependent pass problem! Help

Post by yanagi » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:03 am

Just hired by a local company and supported by company to apply for PR. However, the application can only send in ICA no earlier than 3 days before the date of commencement of employment (middle of June). and then, they will going to issue me a temporary EP to allow me to work during the PR application time.

The problem comes that my wife just quit her job these days. I plan to apply dependent pass for her. But it seems the application can only send in MOM after I got my temporary EP (again, middle of June), which means there is an almost 3 weeks gap between my temporary EP and her DP application. Any suggestion that we can move smoothly through this gap?

BTW, I read from ICA that PR application can only apply within 3 days before work. My first day of work is on monday, which means I can only send in the application on Friday or Sat morning. I just wondering that when during these 2 days I can collect my temporary EP, and it seems the EP is issued by MOM while PR send in ICA. Is it that efficient I can done 2 things in 2 different department in 1.5 days? Any experience to share?

Thanks a lot!

User avatar
Posts: 37445
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:18 am

Are you coming here as a Landed PR? If not, why all the rush to try to apply for PR without even having worked here on an EP?

If you are coming here as a landed PR then they are that efficient no problems as they are set up for LRP's (they created it didn't they).

If you are not coming in as a Landed PR I'm not sure I quite understand your Temporary EP? Just because the company said it will support your application for PR doesn't mean that you will get it immediately. You will probably have get a normal EP and then apply for PR after about 6 months with an Annex A from the Employer acting as a sponsor that's all. The only shortcut to PR is the Landed PR scheme.

You wife should initially have a social visit pass. This can be extended and should be sufficient time to allow the EP to be issued and the subsequent Dependents pass to be issued.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests