Singapore Expats Forum

feedback on UOB "ONE" credit card, anyone? $320 rebate!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

taxico
Director
Director

feedback on UOB "ONE" credit card, anyone? $320 re

Postby taxico » Tue, 27 May 2008 7:02 am

i happened to be thinking of applying for a credit card that gives me better rewards (i use one for some recurring bills for my singapore-based missus).

i saw that this ONE card actually gives you a rebate of $80 for every $800/month spent during the past 3 months. $320 a year! that's a lotta free beers!

plus i presume the UOB reward points still apply, right? and it's fees are perpetually waived as long as i use the damn thing! wowoweewow...

as this is the closest thing in singapore to a plum card, i was about to submit an application.

then i began to wonder if anyone has any negative issues/problems with this card?

or does anyone know of a singapore-based credit card that also provides such rebates (or equivalent).

[i know! i'm being a little lazy by not doing my own research, but anyone can tell that just through reading this message.]

OH! AND I AM NOT PROMOTING THIS CARD NOR DO I WORK FOR UOB.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: feedback on UOB "ONE" credit card, anyone? $32

Postby ksl » Thu, 29 May 2008 10:51 pm

taxico wrote:i happened to be thinking of applying for a credit card that gives me better rewards (i use one for some recurring bills for my singapore-based missus).

i saw that this ONE card actually gives you a rebate of $80 for every $800/month spent during the past 3 months. $320 a year! that's a lotta free beers!

plus i presume the UOB reward points still apply, right? and it's fees are perpetually waived as long as i use the damn thing! wowoweewow...

as this is the closest thing in singapore to a plum card, i was about to submit an application.

then i began to wonder if anyone has any negative issues/problems with this card?

or does anyone know of a singapore-based credit card that also provides such rebates (or equivalent).

[i know! i'm being a little lazy by not doing my own research, but anyone can tell that just through reading this message.]

OH! AND I AM NOT PROMOTING THIS CARD NOR DO I WORK FOR UOB.

The wife applied for one, with UOB about 2 weeks ago, and she got 3 different ones today, all Visa, with a limit, does that mean she gets 240$ rebate a month! I'll have to check all the books that came with them! One of the cards was a Singtel Visa.

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Fri, 30 May 2008 4:35 am

really? let me know if the singtel visa any good if i used it to pay singtel fixed-line bills!

i think only the ONE card has that $80/$30 rebate (per quarter) and a clear waiver (instead of calling to negotiate).

i mean, free money - why not! but i wonder if they've taken away the rewards point portion to make up for it instead.

let's see if i'm willing to spend 50c on a skype call to the uob card center this weekend to clarify.

might bug them for the entire lot of privileges on all their cards; nightmare caller!

Eugenia89

Postby Eugenia89 » Sat, 31 May 2008 6:04 pm

i am actually abit uneasy about the paywave feature of the card
i wonder if it can be deactivated?