Singapore Expats Forum

I would personally put the rope around his kneck!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:24 pm

For some the world is explained in superlatives, it is either black or white. Good or bad, but nothing in between.

Ludicrous to say that Singapore is not a safer environment than most other cities, especially in Europe.
Only a total moron would suggest that all journalism is 'spiced' up - possibly the boulevard press that you subscribe to, but certainly not all media outlets.

The child awakes and the crying starts. :roll:
- Thank God for Darwin -

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 28 May 2008 1:22 am

but what does one expect when they put the legal sex age, at 12 years old.
Last edited by ksl on Wed, 28 May 2008 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Wed, 28 May 2008 1:50 am

ksl, I think you had either too much beer or at a wrong temperature.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:10 am

Superglide wrote:ksl, I think you had either too much beer or at a wrong temperature.
no I don't like the UK beer, because it's not cold enough, it's always been served on draught...I'm a lager drinker, more than anything, there is quite a big difference from beer.

Although I have been to many real ale events, with Camra, so I do have an idea of the UK, taste..even my own brother is a draft drinker, that's why they mostly all have big beer guts! Lager is not so fattening in comparison, but like i say, i do prefer my beer cold if i'm going to have one, and may even put ice in it. The other thing is that Brits cannot hold their beer, they are raised on water, compared to European beer, That's why you always see so many larger louts, falling all over the place. 8 pints in UK between opening time and closing time at 11 pm is quite normal, it's like 16 bottles.

I could drink 16 elephant beers, then got out, for a night out, when i was on form...that is to say, ones body adapts to the alcohol over time, so 8 pints of elephant beer would actually but most Brits under the table. So I guess drinking habits are much different, because the bars in Europe don't normally close at weekend do they! In fact many don't even realise how dangerous it is, to drink alcohol!

I can remember a Danish guy winning a bet, everyone had to buy him a drink, he dropped dead, before he got through them all. Thank god i have more sense today!

http://www.camra.org.uk/
Last edited by ksl on Wed, 28 May 2008 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:17 am

bring the rottan to UK and sort them out!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:26 am

durain wrote:bring the rottan to UK and sort them out!
Exactly!

But Europe human rights would not allow it! Chaos in Europe too!

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:52 am

dump the darn human rights rubbish. people are just abusing it. :x

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 28 May 2008 4:31 am

durain wrote:dump the darn human rights rubbish. people are just abusing it. :x

Yes they are, but the poeple don't really have a choice, in fact the UK people have never had a vote, to my knowledge. 12 year old involved in this murder! and I can tell you I'm not afraid to take anyones life in self defence, when it comes to a pack of animals, that do it for kicks, then they deserve a wake up call. I left UK only because, I don't wish to be locked up, I don't see any harm at all, in self defence.

But the UK Courts are mostly on the criminals side and always have been, you are not allowed to defend your own property. and I have photographic evidence of what I have had to put up with over 15 years, in the end I dumped the property I was born in for 7k, because the area was known as little chicago, with graffiti welcoming you at your own risk, I have also been bitten through the kneck, when attacked while walking home in the early hours, by a group, but he picked on the wrong one, because i ripped his nostrils on both sides and dumped him in the river...the other ran, with their tails between their legs, I went home to my mothers, and you can imagine the shock an 80 year old gets, when her son walks in bleading from the kneck. I deliberatly armed myself, to go and look for them, but couldn't find them, in the end I had to be stiched up and put on anti biotics because the human bit is worse, than any dog bite.

On the news the next day, it appears the group had attacked 7 people, biting fingers off and just beating them up for fun. although in my area word gets around quickly.

I new the father of the ring leader, his father was a pro boxer, the son was a head banger and couldn't make the grade in the ring, he eventually stabbed is father in the kneck and tried to cut his throat, he got 3 years...anyway, he's picking up daisy's in heaven or hell now! Some people are very fortunate not to ever see, these things in their whole life, others live a life in hell everyday, where survival rules from one day to another...Pure fear is what rules, the day, if you can produce more fear than the psycho on the street, then you will be okay!

But is that really anyway to have to live?... if it was in Ireland, they would just take them down a back alley and shoot their kneecaps off, or break a few bones..of course I was using a figure of speach, the last thing I would want to do is take anyones life, and I'm afraid under those kind of circumstance, I would be fighting for my life, and I have been trained to fight and survive, for me it would be instinct, and my instincts have also got me in trouble, when i have dived in to help others too, from getting a beating....

When i was a doorman, i used to get the hassle almost every weekend, although I could almost get out of trouble with diplomacy, when you are jumped on, you have a split seconds to react, to turn the situation around, otherwise you lose.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 421005.stm

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 28 May 2008 8:19 am

ksl wrote:but what does one expect when they put the legal sex age, at 12 years old.

You appear to be a little out of touch ksl. :???:

See;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe#Netherlands

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:34 am

Plavt wrote:
ksl wrote:but what does one expect when they put the legal sex age, at 12 years old.

I would say he was not entirely incorrect:

This take from the Wiki you linked"

Also sex under 16 is allowed with a close in age exception that reduces the minimum age to 12 if the participants' ages are less than 4 years apart

Oops! You only read the first paragraph, not both.

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Plavt wrote:

I would say he was not entirely incorrect:

This take from the Wiki you linked"

Also sex under 16 is allowed with a close in age exception that reduces the minimum age to 12 if the participants' ages are less than 4 years apart

Actually, looking at the first paragraph it says "A person who, out of wedlock, with a person who has reached the age of twelve (12) but not yet sixteen (16), performs indecent acts comprising or including sexual penetration of the body..." ie. in general the legal age of consent is 16, however if that person is your spouse then the age is 12, so all you have to do is find a place where you can legally marry a 12 year old and there you are.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 28 May 2008 2:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Oops only read the first line - late night boozing again. :oops:

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Postby Levikane » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:57 pm

The law/legal system in the UK is pretty screwed. I lived there for a year and actually quite liked it and want to return, but the last weekend I was in the country left a sour taste in my mouth.

Some dirty pikey bastard bit me on the ear in a nightclub - for kicks! Ordinarily I would take full responsibility; too drunk, hitting on someone elses messus etc. but I wasn't even in the club for 15 mins and hadn't finished my first pint. 14 stiches later...

I bet that prick would have thought twice if his drugs cost more than his welfare check and biting another human woulda parted the flesh on his back.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:02 pm

Levikane wrote:I bet that prick would have thought twice if his drugs cost more than his welfare check and biting another human woulda parted the flesh on his back.

Sorry to hear about your experience but please note his welfare check (benefits we call them) would not pay for drugs. That is why there are so many break-ins in British cities and beggars around.

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Postby Levikane » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:39 pm

Apologies not necessary. Such is life!

But benefits not paying for drugs?? At the pub I worked in (between Warwick ave and St Johns Wood) the punters used to tell me they could get a hit for a fiver!