Singapore Expats Forum

I would personally put the rope around his kneck!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

I would personally put the rope around his kneck!

Postby ksl » Tue, 27 May 2008 2:50 am

I have no time at all for degenerates'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 420378.stm

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 27 May 2008 9:44 am

Pretty sick individual though I think killing him is a bit extreme mate.
Be Like Water

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:47 am

Bafana wrote:Pretty sick individual though I think killing him is a bit extreme mate.

Yah... I think kicking the sh*t out of him would do the trick.

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:00 am

Yes, get a few big boys to beat him up quite nicely.
- Thank God for Darwin -

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ukdesigner » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:02 am

putting a rope around his neck might be harsh but I think I could quite happily kick the f*ck out him until he couldn't walk or talk. Maybe to the extreme where he wanted to be put down.

God knows what that country is coming to. It's about time someone grabbed hold of these kids and gave them a good f*cking seeing to.
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Tue, 27 May 2008 3:38 pm

This sort of thing is all too common now as are violent crimes, last year 26 teenagers were killed, this year the number is 14 so far. Find me an island with nobody else on it!
Last edited by Plavt on Tue, 27 May 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Tue, 27 May 2008 4:54 pm

Unfortunately in the UK its called "Happy Slapping" and they do this to people and sadly the person is killed and they get 1-2 yrs in prison.
Now you know why we want to move and fast.
Zeenit

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 27 May 2008 5:20 pm

Zeenit wrote:Unfortunately in the UK its called "Happy Slapping" and they do this to people and sadly the person is killed and they get 1-2 yrs in prison.
Now you know why we want to move and fast.

And we won't be far behind you Zeenit!

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Tue, 27 May 2008 7:17 pm

Sick persons are found all over the world. If it is for these reasons you migrate to Singapore, you might be quite dissappointed in the end I am afraid.

For the rest, lot of mediahyping, the news is often ruled by drama, news has to score these days.

The article is a pretty good example.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Tue, 27 May 2008 7:46 pm

Do you really find it necessary to say negative things about Singapore every time you put finger to keyboard, even when the topic has nothing to do with Singapore?

I understand that saint is married to a Singaporean lady and you still think you can tell their future and if they will be happy or not? Unbelievably arrogant of you.

You really are a sad man, whatever happened to you here to make you so small and bitter? Or is it being in Holland that is making you bitter and twisted? that I could understand.
- Thank God for Darwin -

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Tue, 27 May 2008 8:26 pm

Superglide wrote:Sick persons are found all over the world. If it is for these reasons you migrate to Singapore, you might be quite dissappointed in the end I am afraid.

For the rest, lot of mediahyping, the news is often ruled by drama, news has to score these days.

The article is a pretty good example.

26 teenagers killed in London in 2007 and 14 this year, plus a youth viciously stabbed to death in Dewsbury yesterday, the Soham twins not to mention those attacks consisting of mindless violence that never make the news. Mediahype? I don't think so. Are you trying to tell us Holland is some kind of heaven? :o

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:04 pm

I am not sure where exactly I mentioned Holland in such terms, plavt?

As said, you and I both know, the media today are only interested in dramatizing the daily news, reporters / journalists are being pushed to spice up every event and turn it into a horryfying story, such as in the article mentioned.

I witnessed some events during Queen's day here in Amsterdam and then read the article next day in the paper; it was blown up to proposterous proportions, and that happens all over the world, hence my comment regarding mediahyping.

regarding my cooments about Singapore earlier on, I find it a cliche to say Singapore is safe from these events, it is definately not.

Singapore a safe city in which kids can go to school safely and nothing happens? Ask some of the French School parents, he will tell you the reality, in which a school busdriver turned out to be a big time drug dealer, supplying innocent kids, whilst driving them home safely.

I wouldnot want to go as far as saying Singapore is an unsafe city, but a lot of things happening are not being covered in the paper and covered under the blanket, just for the image.

I have seen gangs operating in Singapore, I see stuff happening in Holland, I see it happen all over the world. No, Singapore is not unsafe, not at all, but neither deserves it the cliche of a safe and sound heaven for kids or anyone.

Moving from UK to Singapore doesnot increase your personal safety, that's just not true.

Pablo Picasso

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:28 pm

SG and I tend not to agree on everything about Singapore except on our our favourite watering holes and that the beer must be cold!

So.......

Mrs S has always found the UK Intimidating and it has got worse and quickly recently. Mrs S doesn't drive so when she goes out without me she has to rely on public transport which worrys her and therefore worrys me.

Whenever we've been in Singapore we've never had that problem and therefore is a far better way of life for both of us.

And anyway, I like Singapore :P

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:50 pm

Exactly Saint,

Nothing personal against you or the mrs., just that we seem to disagree on some parts.

But one thing you and I will always agree upon:

Beer has to be cold. 8-)

Pablo Picasso

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:53 pm

Superglide wrote:I am not sure where exactly I mentioned Holland in such terms, plavt?

Never less that is what you imply, evident I might add by the quote under your avatar.:P

As said, you and I both know, the media today are only interested in dramatizing the daily news, reporters / journalists are being pushed to spice up every event and turn it into a horryfying story, such as in the article mentioned.

While a good deal of what you say here is true, it is clear you have little if any knowledge of British society as it is today - not your fault of course as I know you have never lived here. Happy slapping as it is called is not an uncommon occurrence along with other acts of thuggery and I assure I know of plenty that never feature in the news. Look back at what I said earlier, those figures are recorded facts hardly a creation of the media then is it?

Moving from UK to Singapore does not increase your personal safety, that's just not true.

There is no doubt that no place in the world is crime free which of course includes Singapore but one can certainly be more at ease. I have travelled late at night in both Singapore and in more than one city in Japan and had no concern about being mugged or assaulted by anyone else. I don't think the Japanese even noticed my presence. Those who are resident in such countries tell me the same. Yet in London more than once I have had people try to start trouble in the middle of the day and for no reason!