Singapore Expats Forum

need advice and impormation of what kind of visa ..

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
single mom

need advice and impormation of what kind of visa ..

Postby single mom » Mon, 26 May 2008 4:20 pm

hello to everyone ,
i am single mother with 3kids and planing to live in SG from tokyo. i am planing to settle in singapore as well as to bring my kids to study . i am recieving widow pention allowance here in japan . can anyone give some advice on what kind of visa i need to aply to stay in singapore and might be starting life in SG.

any imfornation will be a great help ..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 May 2008 4:29 pm

About the only that that would be available to you would be a LSTVP via ICA. However, I don't know whether you can qualify for it or not. Here is the link for your reference:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... &secid=170

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Mon, 26 May 2008 4:50 pm

if i didn't recall wrongly, singapore allows moms or grammas to accompany a kid that's enrolled in a singapore school.

no work visa during the first year, but i think after that you can get something goin on.

check out both www.moe.edu.sg (for schools) and www.ica.gov.sg (or was it icas.gov.sg? follow the link from the post before mine).

the japanese community in singapore's quite active and you can find japanese items easily too (including periodicals). well stocked stores!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 May 2008 5:51 pm

The LTSVP issued by ICA has several variations of which the study ltsvp is but one of them. :wink: