Singapore Expats

Best lebanese / greek restaurant in Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Best lebanese / greek restaurant in Singapore

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 2:05 am

Ignorant1 wrote:
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 1:24 pm
smoulder wrote:
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 1:10 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 29 Aug 2021 10:56 pm

What do you recommend?
It's been a while since I last ate there. It was all nice but the thing that is quite hard to forget is the fried cheese with honey appetizer. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it 🤤
Yes. Saganaki is quite nice. I love their lamb too . And they also have one spread with cod roe. Very nice !
i’ve never been a huge fan of lamb, I’ve always found it a little too gamy for my liking. I’ll look into the cod roe spread. Sounds interesting, what is it served with? Just a regular pita bread?

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 6:29 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Ignorant1 wrote:
smoulder wrote:
It's been a while since I last ate there. It was all nice but the thing that is quite hard to forget is the fried cheese with honey appetizer. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it Image
Yes. Saganaki is quite nice. I love their lamb too . And they also have one spread with cod roe. Very nice !
i’ve never been a huge fan of lamb, I’ve always found it a little too gamy for my liking. I’ll look into the cod roe spread. Sounds interesting, what is it served with? Just a regular pita bread?
Cod roe spread being taramasalata? Fresh with pita is aaamaaaaziiing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 12:30 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 2:04 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 12:53 am
I was lucky enough to spend about 8 months working down there in '93~94. Worked on the Gold Coast, Darwin and W. Australia (namely Broome). Greek Restaurants everywhere.
Wow, I wish I had that luxury. I’ve only really been to the more touristy parts of Australia- Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra.
Cairns is the only touristy place I've been in in Aus. But that's because all my trips to Aus have been work related. Usually spending a minimum of one month up to 5 or 6 months in a location while administering a Seismic Survey vessel offshore.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:24 pm

My very first trip to Australia was in the late 90’s. We flew into Brisbane and I rented a car and drove to the Gold Coast, then we took the coastal road down to Sydney, saw the three sisters, and then we continued on down the coastal road all the way to Melbourne, stopped off to see the penguins and drove the Great Ocean Road as well, then flew back from Melbourne. My goal was to see the most that we possibly could in just 10 days, and I have to say… I think the goal was achieved.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:43 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Wow, I wish I had that luxury. I’ve only really been to the more touristy parts of Australia- Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra.
Have you been to Perth? It’s one of my favorite destinations on the planet, and it’s a relatively short 5 hour flight from here. First time we went there I was just driving around and we didn’t even have a hotel booked for the night. We drove past this one tall hotel right on the beach and I turned the car around and checked the prices, ocean facing room was only like A$160, double my budget at the time, but well worth the splurge! We ended up staying there the entire time, and each time we’ve been back, we always stay there — the Rendezvous Hotel on Scarborough Beach.

I ended up going to Perth several times on business too, and got to know the restaurant scene. The higher end restaurants are an amazing bargain compared to here. You can get a nice juicy premium eye filet (mignon) steak for just A$30! Easily half, if not a quarter of the price here, considering the quality.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

SingaporeEat

Post by SingaporeEat » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 4:29 pm

Read about Blu Kouzina here after they open in Siglap.

Went down to try and am very amazed. Actually love the Skinos a lot. :D

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 6:54 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 2:05 am
Ignorant1 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

It's been a while since I last ate there. It was all nice but the thing that is quite hard to forget is the fried cheese with honey appetizer. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it 🤤
I agree with you on gamy lamb . I don’t take it at most of the places but I make exception here . Good cut and medium rare .

Yes , like a spread with pita bread .

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:31 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 6:29 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Ignorant1 wrote:

Cod roe spread being taramasalata? Fresh with pita is aaamaaaaziiing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds amazing! I’m a sucker for warm and fresh pita bread.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:32 pm

Tue, 31 Aug 2021 12:30 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 12:53 am
I was lucky enough to spend about 8 months working down there in '93~94. Worked on the Gold Coast, Darwin and W. Australia (namely Broome). Greek Restaurants everywhere.
Cairns is the only touristy place I've been in in Aus. But that's because all my trips to Aus have been work related. Usually spending a minimum of one month up to 5 or 6 months in a location while administering a Seismic Survey vessel offshore.
How interesting, I’ve always wanted to travel and experience life as a local, seems like you have had the luxury to experience that.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:37 pm

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:24 pm
My very first trip to Australia was in the late 90’s. We flew into Brisbane and I rented a car and drove to the Gold Coast, then we took the coastal road down to Sydney, saw the three sisters, and then we continued on down the coastal road all the way to Melbourne, stopped off to see the penguins and drove the Great Ocean Road as well, then flew back from Melbourne. My goal was to see the most that we possibly could in just 10 days, and I have to say… I think the goal was achieved.
I’ve always wanted to take a road trip across Australia, and to visit the Great Barrier Reef. Finally had the opportunity to do so in 2012 (if I’m not mistaken). Truly an unforgettable experience.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:39 pm

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:43 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Have you been to Perth? It’s one of my favorite destinations on the planet, and it’s a relatively short 5 hour flight from here. First time we went there I was just driving around and we didn’t even have a hotel booked for the night. We drove past this one tall hotel right on the beach and I turned the car around and checked the prices, ocean facing room was only like A$160, double my budget at the time, but well worth the splurge! We ended up staying there the entire time, and each time we’ve been back, we always stay there — the Rendezvous Hotel on Scarborough Beach.

I ended up going to Perth several times on business too, and got to know the restaurant scene. The higher end restaurants are an amazing bargain compared to here. You can get a nice juicy premium eye filet (mignon) steak for just A$30! Easily half, if not a quarter of the price here, considering the quality.
i’ve never been, always wanted to though. Steak sounds amazing, other than being cheaper it’s probably a lot fresher too considering all the farms they have there.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:42 pm

SingaporeEat wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 4:29 pm
Read about Blu Kouzina here after they open in Siglap.
https://www.burgernbacon.com/post/foodi ... -at-siglap

Went down to try and am very amazed. Actually love the Skinos a lot. :D
Pictures look great and prices seem reasonable as well, seems like many others agree on this place, I’ll definitely have to give it a go.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:44 pm

Ignorant1 wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 6:54 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 2:05 am
Ignorant1 wrote:

I agree with you on gamy lamb . I don’t take it at most of the places but I make exception here . Good cut and medium rare .

Yes , like a spread with pita bread .
Lamb is typically the meat I avoid most, along with pork. I’ll give it a try though, have to try everything at least once.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:48 pm

The best lamb I have ever eaten was in downtown Adelaide at this middle eastern restaurant… they had these skewers with big juicy tender chunks of lamb, they practically melted in my mouth. I’ve never found anything that can quite match up to that!