Singapore Expats Forum

how do you guys cope being away from the missus?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Mon, 26 May 2008 8:46 pm

do a lisa neeson, become an air stewardess so she can visit the husband more in changi prison. :P

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 27 May 2008 1:07 am

banana wrote:
durain wrote:
ksl wrote:Maneo
Be active.
Sports would be good.
Variety to choose from.
Wear yourself out.

I love this one! My wrist is killing me every night and my eyesight is fading too, but the wife still hasn't got the message.

I decided to delete the rest, because what's the point in replying to a bullshitter! Taxico! Is that you, by any chance, looking for your conscience?

ksl, your reply a bit short? you feeling OK? :P

:lol:

A busy week with the Food Expo on! Although my min reason for cutting it short was quite simple, I thought the question quite ludicrous. It is common sense to no, that you are an arsehole if your cheating on your wife, and really not worth, much respect at all.

And I have also been in the same situation many times in my first marriage, and I've also had quite a few relationships in past to tell, me, that If I'm not sexually happy, I will wonder, even though I have feelings for the person... Sexual happiness is half the battle, if one isn't happy, it's very easy to stray. The other thing is we all have personal needs, and far too many hide, their secrets, and its a good job, that they do, otherwise 80 to 90 % of marriages would be in ruins.

It's a very personal thing, and if one doesn't have conscience, then there is no love to lose. Sex for men, is 9 times out of 10 sex, and not love, in the sense of the word love, but it is an important need, that needs attention, how one succumbs is ones own problem.

Having a strong sexual need myself, i also have to show compassion and understanding being married, because our needs are different, I know my own guilt very well, because I was targeted for seduction, although my wee Frederick, had is own conscience and wasn't interested, so what I'm saying is conscience is really the key! If my feeling for my partner was not strong enough, I believe i would have succumb to temptation. Frederick saved the day! or I should say love saved the day!

Even though i took the marriage vows, I have little respect for the church and the legal document is no more than toilet paper for me, and it comes in handy at times after consuming too much Aloe Vera vinegar, which is a detox!. :D

I always said to my women, after the first one was always unfaithful, whatever you do, don't shit on your own doorstep. Show a little respect for your partner, if the urge is there to do it, you will do it, with women though its not normally sexual intent, but more of wanting affection and attention.!

You know what I got for a wedding present, and I was in Singapore in 1971 at the time, down Bugis street. I went on the town with all my mates, and woke up, the next morning in a brothel, the guys had planned it not me, they just waited long enough to get me pissed enough, that i wouldn't even know what i was doing.

The wife arrived a couple of days later, and unfortunately I couldn't have sex, without a condom, because i had not had the all clear from the BMH at the time. My wife of course new darned well, but what the hell, how could argue, when she had already been unfaithful more than once, before i married her.

Why did i marry her? Is a good question, maybe it was the time i spent in Sharjah UAE, unable to see any women, other than those, that used to be on the cans of tenants beer!

To be honest we are our own worst enemies, and man was spreading is wild oats a damn site longer, than a stupid marriage certificate, although we do have equal rights, these days, so lay down the law!

I have done that with all my women, i can love person and hate the sex i have with that person, so I have to break the relationship, it's sad, but i know darn well, that i would cheat! :roll:

I'm 2 years from 60, and my son who is coming up 36, knows, that i had to stop, dating young women, when i was 45, and single, because of the embarrassment he felt. He could hardly meet anyone, when he was in his 20's, that hadn't had some kind of relationship with me.

It wasn't until one night, when I came home with a young 24 year old, that I discovered, while groping on the sofa, that she new my son! So it stopped there and then, and I said he's in his bedroom. From then on, I started to grow up, and decided I had better start looking to settle down, and find a new wife.

I also didn't like my fathers reputation either has a gigolo, with his Errol Flynn moustache and his cravat.

I have to admit married women out on the town, are pretty fair game, for any young buck, they know what they want, and they know how to get it.

So in that department we are all playing our role models of Adam & Eve, :lol:

Privacy is priority in my book! Even from the church! i hope this is long enough! :P ha! ha!

green_field

Postby green_field » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:43 am

ksl wrote:
I have done that with all my women, i can love person and hate the sex i have with that person, so I have to break the relationship, it's sad, but i know darn well, that i would cheat! :roll:

wow, quite a frank post. Good "insights".

BTW, since you've brought up the "good sex" issue, pls enlighten me what it is to u. Everyone knows it is important, but to me not to this extend. So just curious.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:50 am

Hey ksl, you've outdone yourself today! One whole page of prose (didn't disappoint there!) with the word vinegar in it only 2 times! and one of those in your Signature!

:P

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:58 am

ksl wrote:I thought the question quite ludicrous. It is common sense to no, that you are an arsehole if your cheating on your wife, and really not worth, much respect at all.

My point exactly, though not as lengthy.
- Thank God for Darwin -

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Tue, 27 May 2008 3:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey ksl, you've outdone yourself today! One whole page of prose (didn't disappoint there!) with the word vinegar in it only 2 times! and one of those in your Signature!

:P

.........then never start a thread on the subject of fish and chips. :P :lol:

kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter

Postby kaseyma » Tue, 27 May 2008 8:16 pm

taxico wrote:right now i'm juggling a lot in one hand, taking a course, going to the gym, hired a trainer, reading more and trying to change my eating habits. also trying to get back to photography again.

i'll see what can be done about flying more... but dayam... them gas prices DO NOT HELP.

for what it's worth, i'm on a little guilt trip, but i've not DONE anything stupid as yet (read the CATS MUSICAL post at the rubbish area).

hopefully... i know what i'm doing.

It sounds like you're keeping busy.
Gym is good and better if you have regular workout partners.
Photography can suck up time, especially, if you're doing post-processing (e.g. Photoshop).
Myabe you should find a photography club.
Best to do some things with people.

Burn up the Skype lines and use that webcam.
Share what you're doing with your wife - entertain her with what you're doing.
Hell of a lot better than the snail mail days (did the long distance thing way back then).

Sure, jet fuel costs have gone up, but you really can afford it, can't you?
Rack up some airline miles.

taxico wrote:and is it just me, or do women really come on to men with a wedding band, either knowingly or unknowingly... jeezus.

The wedding band might allow women to feel more relaxed around you.
If you're a nice guy and not giving off any air of desperation, they might even find you "attractive."
Don't take it personally.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 27 May 2008 9:11 pm

Plavt wrote:.........then never start a thread on the subject of fish and chips. :P :lol:

what goes well with fish and chips? red sauce? brown sauce? anything else? :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 May 2008 10:06 pm

durain wrote:
what goes well with fish and chips? red sauce? brown sauce? anything else? :roll:

[-X [-o< :oops!:

taxico
Director
Director

latest update... !

Postby taxico » Wed, 28 May 2008 4:56 am

booked a seat on SQ and will be in singapore for a 2 week stay mid-august! (was tough looking for time cos i had a whole bunch of locum gigs lined up and school to attend)

thanks for the encouragement (maneo, kaseyma, sunday, ksl) everyone else. last time i saw the missus was... february!

skype-wise i shall be buying a kickass logitech webcam for her when i get back to replace the awful creative one she's using.

for now... i shall... stay home more.

i think i might try to learn how to cook. i'll have to figure out how to disable the smoke alarm first though...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 28 May 2008 5:13 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
durain wrote:

[-X [-o< :oops!:

I'm not biting tonight! had a very long final day at the expo! Whacked out!
It was a free seminar, repeated to many times! Although many have gained a little insight into metabolism, and diet, and I blew the myth away, of losing weight, with fish & chips!

Are you still dropping weight? I found the HGH link good! :wink: very interesting theory that should work for some, but maybe not me, but i will check it out for the last 2 inches.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 28 May 2008 5:27 am

taxico : and is it just me, or do women really come on to men with a wedding band, either knowingly or unknowingly... jeezus.

The fact is, that some women have the same wants & needs, many of them are well aware, that married men, don't get their nookies so often, after being married for a while...you are fair game, with no complications, and a large wallet.

In fact I will go a little further and say, you are a tool, that is needed, even if you was the most good looking guy in the world, you would still be a tool, for womans pleasure, at the drop of a pair of knickers.

You may believe it was love, they think otherwise in most cases, especially so in this part of the world, a little advice would be to take it easy, play the game...but hang on to the wallet, the worst you can do is have sex with a lady friend.

Becuase then she's your lover and not your friend, and a lover scorned can be alot of trouble!

I'm really quick on the take with women, so i play hard to get, it drives them crazy, or they think i'm gay. They can buy their own drinks until i decide, I want to buy them one, if i'm really nice, I may present them with the bill. Only joking ladies, but the thought is always there!

Depends who it is? :) But finally I have decided that love is a pain in the butt, especially if you cannot get the pecker up, to cheat, its a reminder that your in love, if you can, oh dear, i didn't love her very much then did I?

Although you could get raped, it happend to me while i was drunk and single, I had a few staying the night, and sleeping in the living room, i fell asleep and was raped, I vaguely woke up and said what you doing, and passed out, I also heard my mate, telling the woman to get off me...

The next day I was really angry, because it meant i had to go for an aids test....The other thing is you don't get to enjoy it! But I wouldn't have done it with her anyway, she wasn't up to my standards.

Those years are long gone now, and beggars can't be choosers....thank god I have never ever begged, well only when i was handcuffed, that is :lol: :oops:

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Wed, 28 May 2008 8:42 am

durain wrote:dude, i've seen it all. first few months working away from home, the guys still very much in touch with their wife/partner. as the months chewed on, they start to go astray! orchard tower becomes more important than the wife/partner! you know the rest of the story...

What is it with Orchard Towers? its is offen referd to in various ways as some hotbed of sin. Yet on nights when I go out clubbing with my friends and head down to orchard to the Makkas for food after, we often take a wander down to check out the action and apart from a few overweight expats and underweight girls it seems to be a bit over hyped, and yes I have been inside . I have also lived in a red light district in the past and seen some of the more exciting ones in the world and orchard towers seems a bit dull, is this where all the straying husbands go?

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 28 May 2008 9:15 am

i think the place is just notorious, fresh expats seems to know it well. i used to be in tanglin, so walking along there late at night is quite an eye full. yes, lots of underweight women (and underdress!)

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:32 am

I typically throw a party - Walk around teh hosue naked and eat in my undies.

Not really a problem lah :cool:

Smoking in the Otilet good as well.
Be Like Water