Singapore Expats Forum

Obsterician Recommendation at Raffles Hospital

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

becstamers

Obsterician Recommendation at Raffles Hospital

Postby becstamers » Fri, 23 May 2008 2:17 pm

Hi,
I am trying to find a good obsterician at Raffles hospital as wanting to have my baby there.
Can anyone please recommend one.
Thanks and REgards,

REbecca

zuluchief

Postby zuluchief » Fri, 23 May 2008 3:28 pm

Must it be Raffles? Can recommend a good one at KK

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Fri, 23 May 2008 4:18 pm

My family have had their babies at Gleneagles, is there a reason why it has to be Raffles?
- Thank God for Darwin -

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 May 2008 4:53 pm

My kids were both born at KK as well.

becstamers

Postby becstamers » Fri, 23 May 2008 6:33 pm

Yes glenaeagles is too far from home plus I like raffles rooms more.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 May 2008 8:55 pm

I suppose you also have the burberry swaddling cloth to go with that? With the tag outside no doubt. :P

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Fri, 23 May 2008 9:45 pm

could be a crap hospital but OP is going for the rooms coz they are nice! funny.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 May 2008 11:45 pm

maybe she thinks it's gonna be a holiday! :o

becstamers

Postby becstamers » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:29 pm

Actually this is my third child and I am trying to find a good doctor for a hospital we liked that was nearby.

Apolgies I thought this was meant to be a useful forum to get information, not Poisonous Bored Housewives.com

zuluchief

Postby zuluchief » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:18 pm

Becstamers, its only a bit of fun. looks like it seemed funny to alot of us that you would choose a hospital based on what the rooms are like rather then the OB that's all. :wink:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:58 am

Did any of you deliver a baby in the hospital? You would understand where the OP is coming from if you did? The more "at home" you feel, the smoother and easier your delivery will be.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:58 pm

Apparently most of them did. That's why they are recommending different venue for birthing. It was funny anyway. Sometimes it pays to read the post using the preview button before hitting the submit button. :wink:

Remember, in the old days here, it didn't matter which hospital you went to in Singapore, if you had complications during the birthing process you were automatically transferred to KK hospital (the old one). However, you were charged the exorbitant prices of the hospital you checked into as that was your preference even though back then all the best ob-gyn's did time as well at KK. As an example, my wife's first ob/gyn was probably one of the most famous here (local). None other than Dr. Shan Ratnam himself. Sure, she could have had him attend to her at NUH or almost any hospital in Singapore, but as my wife's first pregnancy was considered a high risk pregnancy due to her age at 1st pregnancy it just made sense to be there.

Of course, the rooms there don't come with Perrier water and burberry swaddling cloths. :P

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 1:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sometimes it pays to read the post using the preview button before hitting the submit button. :wink:

Wondering if you are referring to a bad habit of mine. Yeap, it is not uncommon for me to revise a post 10 times and resubmit it over and over again. And depending on the time you log on, you may end up reading different versions of it. Another forumer on the other board caught on to it and annoyed her to no end.

What can I say? Nobody is perfect. I am only human and make my share of mistakes. :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 4:13 pm

EF, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the OP. Had she proofread her post she might have changed it after seeing what it sounded like.

I do the same thing that you do. I tend to go back and change it several times often even after proofreading it. And people still take it the wrong way. :wink: