Singapore Expats Forum

About to move to Singapore - All worried and depressed...:-(

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
wino
Regular
Regular

Postby wino » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:16 pm

ksl wrote:Was you a wino, before or after arriving :D Nice nickname, hope you are taking it easy in the heat! Welcome to Singapore, you will love it compared to blighty.

Long before ha ha! And I am already loving it (especially whilst a lady of leisure)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 3:57 pm

wino wrote:
ksl wrote:Was you a wino, before or after arriving :D Nice nickname, hope you are taking it easy in the heat! Welcome to Singapore, you will love it compared to blighty.

Long before ha ha! And I am already loving it (especially whilst a lady of leisure)
Just watch the uric acid in the blood! I had an attack myself, becasue of red wine every day! Believe me, it's very painful in the big toe, like its broken.

Danz

hey there

Postby Danz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:40 pm

I went through similar feelings of pre singapore depression, leaving behind family,, friends, property and business. ...been here 7 weeks and its really good, I am so glad I came...

dessert_lover

Don't worry, hun

Postby dessert_lover » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 4:56 pm

There really isn't anything to worry about. There are alot of expats in Singapore. Definitely more than any other Asian country.
It's a good blend because Singapore's neither too Asian, nor too western.

I'm sure you'll do just fine. Just have an open mind, smile, be ready to make new friends, meet new people. Keep coming to the forum, there are many others who're just like you.

A foreign country can always be a little intimidating and unsure. But you'll be fine. The people are nice and friendly. They're not ones who will initiate conversation or greetings (partly because of the asian culture, shy or so), but they do return smiles and greetings.

Singapore is very very safe, you can be alone at night, there isn't a problem at all. And very very clean, you can drink from the tap. I'm not kidding

rasserie

Postby rasserie » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 2:01 am

im a singaporean. i have been to the states and when i came back to singapore, there are a few things i came to realise that i did not see before.

1] heat.
2] humidity. its like so humid in singapore.

3] i miss singapore food. in states, u get chips and fried and pizza. here in singapore, u have that and more.

4] hectic way of life. when i was in virginia, it was pretty laid back and i liked it. now im here, im stressed out.

5] boring. - singapore is too small to have anything the nature can throw at me. singapore's strongpoint however is the manpower resource. all 4 million of it LOL

scottish_lass

Postby scottish_lass » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 3:04 pm

hi bbmania and everyone,

i've just arrived in Singapore in the last week to start work -i've been both excited about it all but also really nervous about making new friends as I don't really know anyone out here. Hope your first few weeks have been good - it would be great to chat more if you were interested in making a new friend and helping out another lost soul :)

hoon

Dont be worried

Postby hoon » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 4:53 pm

Hey there

Dont' be worried about that just come here with an open mind and spirit and enjoy whatever singapore has to offer...

If ever ya bored need to hang out or chill or whatever just let me know :)

email me or msn me daniel_hoon@hotmail.com
Be it you a guy or gal, singapore, scottish, auzzzie or watever :)

Hope to hear from you guys :)

Take care

Cheers