Singapore Expats Forum

The Ugly Singaporean

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Aan01

Postby Aan01 » Sun, 03 Aug 2008 6:57 pm

This was supposed to be the topic about "The Ugly Singaporean" which I found quite interesting enough... until you people decided to demonstrate how ugly you can be to each other.
C'mon guys, you've derailed too far from the subject and now its all BORING.
Not to mention leaving a less than savoury impression on newbies (like me).
Maybe its all a gimmick to improve ratings but open a new topic and bring your fight there why don't you?
Should I pick up where the topic left off or what?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 03 Aug 2008 8:48 pm

Woohoo - nice thread.

If I may add my two cents worth:

Most clerical and front-line staff are hired locally. Up until a few years ago even drivers were locals.

Diplomats and seconded non-diplomatic staff are almost never seen in the clerical or front-line areas.

I'd be happy to share my diplomatic credentials with you,as well as those of my father, brother, sister-in-law, uncle, two best friends from childhood and numerous occasions of intermingling.

Not sure what sierra2469alpha is smoking, but I am sure that it is illegal in Singapore.

(SMS - getting crankier, gout acting up again? :D )

Ugly Singaporean? Hey - move around Asia and see what a civilised bunch Singaporeans really are.

'nuff said Image

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:14 am

while I troll the site regularly I dont always post but this thread has been an interesting read and so...

Its funny how it starts one way and then goes another, what was the title of this one again? Singapore is not the worst place in the world but it certainly aint the best, do the regulars here visit other forums?