Singapore Expats Forum

American New to Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
mfb17

American New to Singapore

Postby mfb17 » Wed, 21 May 2008 6:59 am

Hi Everyone,
I'm a student at university in the US and I just arrived in Singapore for the summer. I don't know a soul here so I would love any advice as to how to meet people. If you know of any events planned or would like to meet up that would be great.
Thanks so much!

Joyful
Regular
Regular

Postby Joyful » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:02 am

hi,

there's a friday night drinking session this friday at Acid Bar.

Reach me at abbylim@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Cheers!
Guilty by Association....NICE!

likecandyandnuts

Postby likecandyandnuts » Wed, 21 May 2008 9:56 pm

Are you on an exchange programme over here for school? ;) Cause my school is in partnership with the University of Buffalo.

rasserie

Postby rasserie » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 2:40 am

im a singaporean, if u need help or are lost here in singapore:
rasserie@gmail.com

id be happy to help

dessert_lover

Postby dessert_lover » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 8:43 am

Since you'd be here for summer, I assume you're an exchange student.

You have nothing to worry about. Exchange students have all the fun. You get introduced to other exchange students like yourself. You'll make more friends than you can imagine from orientation activities and stuff that'll be organised for you. The exchange kids I see around my school (NUS) always know someone along the hallway, so I reckon it's not that bad. ;)

Singapore's a melting pot of nationalities. You'll get to meet loads of people. You won't be lonely, that's for sure.

It's safe and clean, so that's nothing to worry about. All you have to worry about is finding the cheapest bar/club to have fun in. That's what all students do anyway. ;) And most of them exchange kids I know, go to Dbl O. Anyway, if you need help, just smile and ask. Locals are more than happy to guide you.