Singapore Expats Forum

Can Master student apply for SPR? - Moving from Dubai

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wongyy83

Re: Can Master student apply for SPR? - Moving from Dubai

Postby wongyy83 » Sun, 25 May 2008 11:50 pm

This is what I read from the mom website: http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/app_for_pr.asp

Non-Singaporeans can become Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs) by obtaining an Entry Permit. An application for an Entry Permit is an application for Singapore Permanent Residence.

The following categories of foreigners are eligible to submit applications:

- Spouse and unmarried children (below 21 years old) of a Singapore
- Citizen (SC)/Permanent Resident (SPR);
- Aged parents of a Singapore Citizen;
- P, Q or S work pass holders;
- Investors/Entrepreneurs;
Foreigners who satisfy certain guidelines can apply for permanent residence by submitting applications through SMC Management Consultants Pte Ltd in Singapore.

In-principle Permanent Residence Application:

If you are a foreigner residing outside Singapore and are interested in studying, working and living in Singapore, you may apply for in-principle approval for permanent residence by submitting an application through:

SMC Management Consultants Pte Ltd
51 Cuppage Road
#04-06 StarHub Centre
Singapore 229469
Tel: 6722 1766
Fax: 6737 6341
http://www.smcmc.com
Maybe you could ask SMC for advice, I think they can give better and clearer advices since they provide consultancy.

By the way, there are many universities in Singapore. A few to name: NUS, NTU, SMU for IT, these 3 can provide the masters you are going for. They are the most well-known and reputable universities in Singapore. Of course, other than these 3 there are other private universities. For those private universities, maybe you will have to look into the advertisement newspapers in Singapore. The reason is because some are recognised and some are not. And for that, you may need to do your own research first. Hope these help. :D[/url]

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Mon, 26 May 2008 2:34 am

Many thanks guys for all these awesome comments.. it helped

Allibert - its gonna be a challenge but I can make the difference, so other who are in the IT even htough they are in million (lets assume) that will not stop my decision from Settling down in Singapore also the Gov. is the one who decides whether i can be eligible for an SPR or not, Will give it a try i won't have anything to lose anyways do I? I will reapply...

Taxico - Yo yow man thanks alot very supportive answer - definitly will get my Master and go through that path work and live in Singapore , then that shouldn't be a problem for the SPR. By the way the pic you got is cool the Singapore passport above the US' one (To me I eould reject a US passeport against a Singaporean heehee)

Wengy83 - thanks alot for the useful info am on it and cheking'em out

Myself i am planning to stay for good in Singapore so am not thinking of just getting the citizenship and go abroad no use that's senseless.. I have been to around 8 countries and I see no better place to be than Singapore so my decision is strong enough on settling down in there - for life why not - getting a local girl well that depends on how love guides its not because she is SPR or SC i'll hang on here no way - i do have Singaporean girl friends and we know each other for like years

So for now lets do the job hunt once am dow there in August if its taking long then will go for the Master though the intake is gone already I see how i can convince them or get into a well known Univ.

I just need to live in Singapore that's all...
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Mon, 26 May 2008 5:01 am

kityamor: i'm sure as long as you work hard on your graduate degree and land a job, it won't be a problem to become a singapore resident.

what might become the problem is missing the familiarity of home. but i'm sure you'll work something out.

be sure to pop in here to let us know how things are goin or if you need help of any sort - someone'll point you the right way most times.

good luck and all the best! (btw, i think only NUS has an IT school. not sure about NTU, but SMU's all math and numbers)

awesomearpit
Regular
Regular

Postby awesomearpit » Mon, 26 May 2008 11:48 am

or you could apply for Landed PR (if you meet the criteria)
[please google for more info before asking questions about it here.. thanks!]

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 May 2008 2:02 pm

Just google SMC Management Consultants will do it

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Tue, 27 May 2008 4:12 am

Definitly i won't miss home familarity, i have been in South Eas Asia for 4 years almost and even whne i get back home I cannot see myself confortable there and now even that am in Dubai its just worse somehow a survival game for now.

I am very fine and love the routine culture and almost everything about Singapore and how life is on a day to day basis in SEA.

Will try the job if not that would be the Master and incha allah something will work out

Surely will drop on for more help and if htere is any advacement will drop a text

About the LPR i read about it, I would say it is not the right time to apply for it, the criteria required are hard to fulfill at present
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected