Singapore Expats Forum

British Graduate in Law - Seeking help on Job&Moving Issues

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 06 Mar 2008
Location: London

British Graduate in Law - Seeking help on Job&Moving Iss

Postby Britabroad » Tue, 20 May 2008 1:03 am

I am English, and have graduated from University in 2007 with a 2:2(hons) in Law, my University is one recognised by Singapore. Currently I am working in Sales in London, and would like to move over to Singapore, as my partner (not married) is Singaporean.

Are there any routes to getting an EP or applying for jobs whilst still in England. I would be happy to move into any field, but would like to stay away from law.

Also what are the rules and regulations with regards to the new WHP (Work Holiday Permit), if I were to apply for this and get it, would it jeopardise my chances of getting another permit.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm desperate for information.

User avatar
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 May 2008 7:11 am

IF you qualify for the WHP it will not jeopardize your chances for a upgrading to a different type of Work Permit provided you meet the qualifications for those schemes.

Work Holiday Permit

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests