Singapore Expats Forum

The spice of life!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

The spice of life!

Postby ksl » Sun, 18 May 2008 4:05 am

After a few beers, i often have the tendency to reminisce, as SMS will vouch for, although the truth, is much deeper and soul searching, about how, my life managed to survive the ups and downs in life, surrounded by drugs, crime and rock and roll.

It is quite an achievement i believe, to say in all my life I have never purchase drugs, for kicks, although i have been in the company of many, that have, I have also tried a few too, lucky for me, that I've always been strong enough, not to make it an habit.

Although my own son, went through a long period of hashish misuse, of which angered me, simply because I have never been able to understand the weakness of people, and yet I have been there an enjoyed the experience.
I must admit to looking back on life quite alot, because I have been called a boyo so many times in my life, after my divorce at the age of 27, all though all truths are not in the open, I have had a fulfilling active lfe, of which I know many married couples would never experience.

One can see good & bad in a life time, but it doesn't really matter, its all irrelevant, and the reason is, quite simple, life is very short in comparison to the life of the planet... So I would rather be remembered for the children i left behind, and the extremely exciting love affairs, but most of all my personality and character

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

well

Postby Allibert » Sun, 18 May 2008 10:21 am

Too much alcohol last night KSL?

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sun, 18 May 2008 12:26 pm

Word. (that's a remark of approval/agreement KSL ;))

Often, the most ethical are those who have broken the rules.
some signatures are more equal than others

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 19 May 2008 3:28 pm

Ouch! The hangover is a quick reminder, that I'm still living in the real world, it helps ocassionaly, although one doesn't need much alcohol, if one's been on the wagon, for month's..so, it's also a cheap wake up call.

Crikey I can remember the days, when a good hangover, would have cost a good 400$ and more if I'm stupid enough to ring the bell at the bar! and yes, I've been stupid many times in my life :)

Oh well that was that , back to the real world and 15$ wasn't so bad :P