Singapore Expats Forum

Donation for Sichuan Quake-striken Victims

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
liq330

Donation for Sichuan Quake-striken Victims

Postby liq330 » Fri, 16 May 2008 2:31 pm

12th May, a strong earthquake measured at 7.8 Richter scale happened in Sichuan province, China. It is so strong that over 1500 km away from epicenter, felt the earthquake. Death toll in Sichuan Province alone has exceeded 50,000 by Thursday, more than 9,400 people were buried in debris, and at least 60,000 people are still unaccounted in epicenter Wenchuan County. More than 3.46 million houses were wracked. For those who want to contribute to the relief effort, the right is the donation information. For those who want to contribute to the relief effort, Please refer to

URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES

One-year-old Wang Ying sips water while receiving medical treatment in Hanwang town, Mianzhu City of Sichuan Province May 14, 2008. Wang survived the quake when she was thrown out of the window by the powerful quake, and she suffered only bruises on her face.

An aerial view of a town in the epicenter of Wenchuan County, Southwest China's Sichuan Province, after the deadly May 12 earthquake, in May 14, 2008

View MOre:
http://special.chinaassistor.com/special_quake_sichuan_wenchuan_donation_.html

http://special.chinaassistor.com/special77_more.html

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Fri, 16 May 2008 7:58 pm

since i don't know if my money will reach chinese citizens in its entirety, i can only advocate other methods of assisting (even tossing blankets, bottled water and food into the embassy may not work).

personally, i'd leave it to their motley lot of billionaire comrades. i'm not being cruel - from the way the china government has been handling issues, they'd be able to handle this.

no offense meant.