Singapore Expats Forum

Las Lilas -- Spanish Classes

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

yankee_ibanez

Las Lilas -- Spanish Classes

Postby yankee_ibanez » Thu, 15 May 2008 11:26 am

Hi All,
I am planning to learn Spanish language. My goal is not to study it from exam perspective, but be able to be better at actual communication and understanding. I have heard that Las Lilas is a good institute. But would like to hear from anyone who has attended Spanish course in Las Lilas.
Also for Beginner level there are 10 lectures 2 hrs each. Is 20 hrs teaching enough for a beginner level to have initial grasp of language?
Any comments appreciated.

Cheers..

Derba

Postby Derba » Fri, 16 May 2008 9:30 am

Hi,

I am taking classes at Las Lilas.
Their teachers put a lot of emphasis on oral expression. The number of students in a class being between 5 and 10, every student will have the chance to speak a lot during the class.
After 20 hours you will have some good basics, but as for any other language, what you will need more is practice after the class (listening to music, reading articles... talking with native speakers being the best option).
All the English mistakes in my posts have been made purposely.

yankee_ibanez

Postby yankee_ibanez » Fri, 16 May 2008 9:37 am

Hola Debra!!
Gracias for information.. yeah thats wot i was concerned about as 20 hrs teaching seemed to be a bit less when u compare with other foreign languages.. but ur right.. afterclass practice n speaking with native Spanish speakers should do good..
Thanks for info.
cheers