Singapore Expats Forum

What do expats actually like about singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 29 May 2008 5:43 pm

QRM wrote:
hk203 wrote:
EADG wrote:
Forks wrote:"Come to Singapore... Clean Toilets!"

Try go to some coffee shop...you will soon forget why you are in that coffee shop in the first place cos you will lose all your appetite...

Re Piss on the floors.

I know a Malaysian family, where the maid helps a ten year old in the bog, he stands there with hands on hips and she whips out his willy, aims it for him, wiggles the drips and tuck it back in, I can assume she wipes his bums as well.

No wonder there’s a need for targets on the urinal and a madam Pi Pi to help with the drips.

Maybe that could be a new tourist selling point in all the public WC here, like the petrol station, no need to DIY there will always be someone on hand to give you a hand

They used to have them in all the sordid bars back in the late 60's, they would be shaking the drips, and going through your pockets at the same time if you had, had too much to drink!
I can recall the Tiger bar toilets, back in those days and a few other sordid watering holes.

Great fun at the time i must admit! :)

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 29 May 2008 5:58 pm

ksl wrote:They used to have them in all the sordid bars back in the late 60's, they would be shaking the drips, and going through your pockets at the same time if you had, had too much to drink!
I can recall the Tiger bar toilets, back in those days and a few other sordid watering holes.

i hope it's the female that is doing the shaking of drips for you!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 May 2008 6:02 pm

Most of 'em only "looked" like females. :P

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Thu, 29 May 2008 6:04 pm

durain wrote:
i hope it's the female that is doing the shaking of drips for you!

With the marvels of plastic surgery, especially in a bar these days who knows.

I might even get some breast implants myself, so I can stay at home and fondling myself all day :lol:

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Thu, 29 May 2008 6:39 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Most of 'em only "looked" like females. :P

8-[

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 29 May 2008 7:54 pm

Ya, like the 'girl' manning the counter at a spa in Thailand where I was the past few days. Once she opened her mouth I scooted out of there as fast as I could... How would you know if the person massaging you while you're covered with only a towel was a man or woman... yikes!

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 29 May 2008 8:58 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:

Ya, like the 'girl' manning the counter at a spa in Thailand where I was the past few days. Once she opened her mouth I scooted out of there as fast as I could... How would you know if the person massaging you while you're covered with only a towel was a man or woman... yikes!

you do how mick dundee in crocodile dundee do it. cup between the legs to do a check! :P

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 29 May 2008 10:26 pm

Yes you're quite right, in those days my wife was afraid of the competition, and many of the guys, were too drunk to notice.

The competition was truly so bad, that women used to lift up there dresses, just to prove a point :oops: no word of a lie, that's what used to happen! and still the drunks didn't care who was who.

Fortunately for me,I discovered the difference the first night in Singapore and at 21, it cames as quite a shock! Some of them were much better looking than the wife, at the time, although its not my style :wink:

Apprently half my unit had gonorrhea at that time, it was quite shocking too, because half of them were like animals, they just didn't care about it! the R&R guys were the same! :roll:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 29 May 2008 10:32 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:

WIMH its all part of the fun, go for it! You may enjoy it, one thing for sure, women are quite safe, my first wife never had any choice, but to share the same toilets, insisting i came in with her, yet it was me they was after, that time in Bugis!

It was all good fun, and they were very sweet towards my wife, it was a very humoristic time and my wife made friends with a couple of them. (when I think back maybe that life would have suited her) :???: She was always one for excitement and to be honest i would prefer one of those shouting at me down the street, than a gay, any day of the week! Not that I have anything against gay's either, other than, I have met a few, that have pushed me over my limitations in public.

hk203
Regular
Regular

Postby hk203 » Fri, 30 May 2008 11:00 am

Plavt wrote:I love the climate in Singaore and the sight of palm trees surrounded by the rich greenery that blends in so well with the urban environment. So nice to see a clean efficient metro (London Underground - like a coal mine). Friendly people. One can go out late and travel home or back to a hotel untroubled, nice to see clean streets and public toilets. The airport has pleasant atmosphere (shame on Heathrow) and yes all the beautiful women.

Agree with you though...London underground indeed coal mine..lolol and Heathrow...can't believe I just walked pass the officer at Heathrow, carrying 2 huge luggage without being checked or even gone through the scanner. I should have took cocaine man at that time. LOLOL

Friendly people?? Hmm..maybe only to expat because they have the impression most expat are rich, holds Director's position or VP. Clean toilet??? Hmmm...you should visit some of the coffee shop, you will be full before having your lunch. And beautiful woman??? You should see them without make up. :)

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sat, 31 May 2008 10:28 pm

re the impression observation, good of you to say so, I've been pretty open to my landlords and RE agents that not all foreingers have their housing, etc. paid for and that it comes out of our salaries like anyone else's

re the women, well, I guess that's the case anywhere, but in my experiences some look quite charming in the morning w/o makeup; as far as there being a lot of attractive ones here I guess it's like anywhere else albeit less in proportion to what I've seen in Japan or the US, less so once I hear them speak

one guy's opinion though, just not my kind of thing
hk203 wrote:Friendly people?? Hmm..maybe only to expat because they have the impression most expat are rich, holds Director's position or VP. Clean toilet??? Hmmm...you should visit some of the coffee shop, you will be full before having your lunch. And beautiful woman??? You should see them without make up. :)
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sat, 31 May 2008 11:00 pm

Haven't read all the replies to this thread but I LOVE CHANGI AIRPORT. On Saturday coming in from Melbourne no more than 10 minutes in the entire airport including customs, carousel and all. Amazing ! I JUST LURVE that place ! And despite the wierd smell and hawking noises of the taxi-drivers , they do, for them with Melbourne taxi-drivers who have no idea in hell. They just get off the plane, (from Lebanon, Turkey or any Godforsaken place on this planet) get into a cab and start driving ! Honbeliefable ! One of them on Saturday dropped me and the rooster off at Tullamarine Airport and tried to drive off with our luggage still in the boot ! Dear Lord, save us all from Melbourne taxi-drivers who woudn't know Melbourne if it bit them on the arse ! Yeah, sadly my country has gone to pot.
Oi! But none of you non-Aussies are allowed to say this stuff ! This 'hanging it on one's country' is only for those of us who come from there. Orright ?!! :wink:
Hey ! I was at Melbourne Central Railway Station last week and many times noticed EVERONE keeping to the left so that everyone who wanted to pass actually could ! IT WAS FANTASTIC and restored my faith in humanity ..mm....until I get off this 'yellow tail' shiraz that's got me all mellow now..mm.... :)
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 9:27 pm

Welcome back, Ozbabe. There goes the peace!

:kiss:

Changi Airport is incredible. From the second the plane touches ground, to the second I step into my home, ALWAYS less than 60 minutes. Hard to beat.

hk203
Regular
Regular

Postby hk203 » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 2:14 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Welcome back, Ozbabe. There goes the peace!

Changi Airport is incredible. From the second the plane touches ground, to the second I step into my home, ALWAYS less than 60 minutes. Hard to beat.

Of course man...that's because Singapore is so small...you'll only need an hour to travel from east to west.....

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 3:42 pm

hk203 wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:Welcome back, Ozbabe. There goes the peace!

Of course man...that's because Singapore is so small...you'll only need an hour to travel from east to west.....

You get an 'A' for geography, but what is your point?

Incheon, Shanghai, Narita, Tulamarine and the list goes on. If you wish to go to the city from a major airport then Changi is hard to beat, whatever the reason. :D That's the point.
- Thank God for Darwin -