Singapore Expats Forum

We need a new maid

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

zuluchief
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 14 May 2008

We need a new maid

Postby zuluchief » Wed, 14 May 2008 10:32 am

Are you leaving and want to transfer your maid? Do you know anyone who is leaving and they want to transfer their maid? Our maid is 'lacking' and we want a new one, but one who is recommended. Can you help?

Cheers (frustrated of Bukit Batok)

Levikane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat, 05 Jan 2008
Location: Tanjong Pagar by day, Bishan at night

Postby Levikane » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:15 pm

Out of interest I would love to know how much you are paying a month for your maid and what exactly you expect for that sum...?

Alsback
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: We need a new maid

Postby Alsback » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 9:32 am

zuluchief wrote:Are you leaving and want to transfer your maid? Do you know anyone who is leaving and they want to transfer their maid? Our maid is 'lacking' and we want a new one, but one who is recommended. Can you help?

Cheers (frustrated of Bukit Batok)


Can you PM me, i can help...

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007
Contact:

Re: We need a new maid

Postby Jeppo » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 9:39 am

Alsback wrote:Can you PM me, i can help...


Do I hear the mating call of the spammer? Quick, someone pass me the shotgun with the spamshot :twisted: :P :lol:

zuluchief
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 14 May 2008

Postby zuluchief » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 1:20 pm

Far too late. Previous maid has been 'binned' and a new maid has been installed. A huge improvement too.

Alsback
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: We need a new maid

Postby Alsback » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 2:16 pm

Jeppo wrote:
Alsback wrote:Can you PM me, i can help...


Do I hear the mating call of the spammer? Quick, someone pass me the shotgun with the spamshot :twisted: :P :lol:


Why is that spam because I actually try to help someone?

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007
Contact:

Re: We need a new maid

Postby Jeppo » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 2:45 pm

Alsback wrote:
Jeppo wrote:
Alsback wrote:Can you PM me, i can help...


Do I hear the mating call of the spammer? Quick, someone pass me the shotgun with the spamshot :twisted: :P :lol:


Why is that spam because I actually try to help someone?


What help? You asked them to pm you with your first post. What information do you have that you can't share with the forum? Are you a maid agent? Trying to get some business? We are all here to help eachother, but rather than share your knowledge with the forum, or indicate what sort of help you may be offering, you simply tell people to pm you. This is exactly what spammers do.

Alsback
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Alsback » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 4:22 pm

No actually I am a golf pro that knows of a good maid and no one else in the forum asked the question so i thought i would talk to the man interested.

Are you looking for a maid?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11108
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 4:29 pm

Alsback wrote:No actually I am a golf pro that knows of a good maid and no one else in the forum asked the question so i thought i would talk to the man interested.

Are you looking for a maid?


Don't need a maid (I think the OP does) but I sure could use someone to help me cure topping the ball.

Alsback
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Alsback » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 4:31 pm

No problem Eagle man (good name for golfer)

I just get P*****d you try n help someone and there is always someone wants to shoot you for it!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 5:06 pm

Alsback wrote:No problem Eagle man (good name for golfer)

I just get P*****d you try n help someone and there is always someone wants to shoot you for it!


Alsback, had I seen it I would have had the same question. We fight a running battle with spammers and advertisers on this site due to the popularity of the site. We've seen almost all kinds of contortions and what Jeppo says is 100% true. The PM/Call/msm me is the normal modus operandi of MLM'rs, spammers, and other out to help themselves rather than what we do here, ........help others.

I apologize not for Jeppo, but for myself as it would have been me normally. I and the other 5 moderators here appreciate people like durain & Jeppo who also help to blow the whistle to keep the site clean of garbage.

Hopefully, you can see our point as well.

Thanks
moderator/sms

Alsback
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Alsback » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 8:06 pm

Can i PM you or will another want to be moderator diss me?

Alsback
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Alsback » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 8:21 pm

I wont PM you i will post in the open and risk more wrath...

SMS, I am afraid I cannot see your side; you have a website that is open to everyone.

I get calls SMS’s and email everyday from “spammers”

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 9:09 pm

Alsback wrote:
SMS, I am afraid I cannot see your side; you have a website that is open to everyone.


Yes for those who use it for it's intended purpose.

[quote] get calls SMS’s and email everyday from “spammers”

Alsback
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Alsback » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 9:18 pm

I am trying to say that I tried to HELP someone that asked for it and got INSULTED in the process... never mind.. I give up!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests