Singapore Expats Forum

Film, Anyone

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Hospitaller

Film, Anyone

Postby Hospitaller » Mon, 12 May 2008 10:23 pm

This is a desperate call out to anyone and everyone out there interested in Film. As in motion pictures.

Anyone interested in VIEWING good movies, DISCUSSING good movies, and MAKING amateur/short films! Please! As a film enthusiast, I have been outrageously deprived of my production fixes.

If anyone, ANYONE out there has a project in the working or planning stages, please let me know! I have had basic film classes, specializing in acting and directing. Cinematography is good too, but I'm not the best at it yet.

In the name of Redford and all that is Oscar-Worthy! Or just anyone who wants to share the utter joy of film.

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Fri, 16 May 2008 11:42 am

Count me in!!! :)

Sherren

Hi!

Postby Sherren » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:50 pm

I am a non-practicing filmmaker... it's been years, but it won't hurt to join ur group.

maimaya25

viewing and discussing

Postby maimaya25 » Sun, 18 May 2008 9:13 pm

hi all,

i'd definitely come across as an utter and complete poser if i claimed to be into film-making (somehow i don't think i have the creativity and the eye for that), though it's something of great interest.

i'd be really keen though on viewing and discussing films - it's always great to hear different points of view.

Esme

Postby Esme » Tue, 20 May 2008 12:16 am

Ahoy Hospitaller,

I heart film in the geekiest sense, was a projectionist through my school years. Any films in particular?

Alas I have no projects except boring corporate videos. Though there seem to be quite a few amateur filmmakers around.
Esme

pixfirewall
Regular
Regular

Re: Film, Anyone

Postby pixfirewall » Tue, 20 May 2008 10:59 am

Hospitaller wrote:This is a desperate call out to anyone and everyone out there interested in Film. As in motion pictures.

Anyone interested in VIEWING good movies, DISCUSSING good movies, and MAKING amateur/short films! Please! As a film enthusiast, I have been outrageously deprived of my production fixes.

If anyone, ANYONE out there has a project in the working or planning stages, please let me know! I have had basic film classes, specializing in acting and directing. Cinematography is good too, but I'm not the best at it yet.

In the name of Redford and all that is Oscar-Worthy! Or just anyone who wants to share the utter joy of film.

Could I join even though I have met 2 criteria you posted VIEWING and DISCUSSING? as for MAKING...I'm more of an amateur/hobbyist photographer does that help? or count in?
pixfirewall
IM & email: dccruzjr@msn.com