Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some new girlfriends!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
CBu

Postby CBu » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 11:53 am

Hi again
Is there any chance that we can move the time or the date for next week as I have heard that I have an interview next week at 11:30 - typical! I am literally free all of next week now apart from Friday morning.

Hildegard

Postby Hildegard » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 12:24 pm

hi,

unfortunately im back at work next week so i wont have time during the days to meet up. but if you happen to organize anything outside of working hours, im keen to join.

meretebolsen

Friday

Postby meretebolsen » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 2:37 pm

Hi,

Great to meet you all on Friday and am looking forward to our next gathering this Friday. CBu I'm happy to make it 1.30pm on Friday as you'll probably need a stiff post interview sling! or can do all other days to.
nijn.......sorry I can't remember what it was either but I will probably remember on Friday.

nijn34

Sling!

Postby nijn34 » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:51 am

Since we're having "the Sling" I don't mind to do it a bit later in the day this time (when it's 11am in Singapore, it's 5pm in Australia already, but in Holland it's 5am!!! :wink: ).

But I think we need to settle for a certain time and day and whoever is able to come, comes in and if not it's also O.K..

I'm a bit worried though, that everybody is going to work????

Merete, I know what it was, the address for the tailor:
* Santana Fashion, #04-111 Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road

Take care you all,
looking forward to Sling!

AussieNewToSing

Coffee or Slings...

Postby AussieNewToSing » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 2:17 pm

Hi everyone!

It was great meeting everyone last Friday. I was looking at the other posts and remebering why I was so happy to join this one. It was during the day and it was NOT alcohol related...Because there are MANY drinking threads on this post...Now I am not sure if you all remember...but it was me that suggested we go for Slings at Raffles...Which I am still happy to do..

But just wanting to know if you all want to go back to the other idea- I think it was suggested by the lovely Moudette...which was to go to a different STARBUCKS each week?

Just putting it out there...I also agree with Moudette, that we need to pick a time and a day and stick to it. So we can start a regular group and people can rely on us being there...

I hope I am not coming across all thread nazi on everyone :lol:

nijn34

Starbucks....???

Postby nijn34 » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 8:31 pm

As a reply on Olivia:
lovely Moudette is correct \:D/ (thank you for that :wink:)
but it doesn't have to be Starbucks, just a nice place which is easy to recognize/to find.

Take care!

jhanshar

Postby jhanshar » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 1:56 pm

Hey ladies- sound like you all had a great time last week, I'm sorry I couldn't be there! I would love to meet up with you this week- sounds like you guys established some ground rules at starbucks last week. I am up for Starbucks or Raffles- Love the Singapore sling idea, so whatever day and time you decide, I will be there this time! When I originally started the post, I was looking for friends to hang out with during the day, I am happy whether there are drinks involved or not!

Maybe we could do the Raffles just for this week and then pick up on the different Starbucks after that.....thoughts?

Look forward to meeting you all!
Jen
New Singapore girl looking for some friends!

AussieNewToSing

Postby AussieNewToSing » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 2:37 pm

Sounds like a plan...Looking forward to finally meeting you Jen

Olivia

Smarten

Postby Smarten » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:03 am

Hey

I would love to join you guys on Friday. My husband is away on business the next couple of weeks, so I have plenty of time :D

Have I understood this correctly: Raffles Friday at 11 am????

jhanshar

Raffles

Postby jhanshar » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:39 pm

Hi everyone,

How does this sound for a plan....lets meet at 1:00pm Friday at The Long Bar at the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore sling. 11am may be a bit too early for alcohol and it allows the girl with the interview to come too, I just came back from an interview and having a drink after is a mighty good plan!

So far, it seems that Olivia, Smarten and myself are in....shall we do the purses on the table again like you ladies did last week. I never met any of you yet, but just look for the girl with the curly brown hair, thats me!

Look forward to meeting you all!
jen
New Singapore girl looking for some friends!

Smarten

Postby Smarten » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 4:55 pm

That's sounds great :D Looking forward to seeing you on Friday

Stine

meretebolsen

Raffles

Postby meretebolsen » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 7:56 pm

Great plan! See you all at Raffles 1pm. Look forward to meeting those who couldn't make it last week and of course those I did meet last week.

Merete :)

AussieNewToSing

Hi all.

Postby AussieNewToSing » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 8:25 am

I am in for Raffles tomorrow...anyone know the mrt for this locale? I keep getting taxis everywhere...I have to stop! I feel guilty not working yet here I am swanning around in cabs all the day...

Hope everyone is having a good week. I went to a fantastic coffee morning held by ANZA yesterday. It was brilliant, ended up staying for 6 hours just gass bagging away. The next one is in a fortnights time- any nationality is welcome..

Apparently ANZA (Australian and New Zealand) Assoc attracts more nationalities than any other gruop as it is the largest and most fun! T

he coffee mornings are free (held at coffee bean and tea leaf on Orchard) but it only cost 60bucks to join for 6 months anyway, worth it for the monthly magazine alone..

I am still exhausted today from all our talking yesterday...It was like I was back home with friends...

See you all friday

Olivia

Smarten

Postby Smarten » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:57 am

Hey Liv

That ANZA sounds great. I might join you next time:-)

The MRT closest to Raffles is City Hall. It's just a 5 minute walk from there. I usually take the North Bridge Road exit and turn right. Walk past the Stamford and you're almost there:-)

See ya.

Stine

AussieNewToSing

Would you believe...

Postby AussieNewToSing » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 9:32 am

I have been here only 3 weeks...And I have already double booked my self!!!

I swear I thought today was Thursday...I accepted a neighbours request to go to a "wet market"... I cant cancel on her..I did that yesterday after getting too much sun on Wednesday at the ANZA gathering... So I have to miss out on the fun and slinging that may occur today...

So sorry..I dont usually double book...I am not that popular...

I hope to catch up soon for the next gathering

(make note the next ANZA gathering is on Orchard Rd at the coffee Bean & Tea Leaf - NOT the one near borders- 5 mins down the road-10am in a fortnight- all nationalities welcome- its really worth going.

Perhaps we can have our next gathering there- in 2 weeks- the more the merrier- its a big cafe and they section off the large part...Its free and you get 20% off products.

Have fun at Raffles today
Liv x