Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some new girlfriends!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Moverseas

Postby Moverseas » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 6:36 pm

OH, I'm new and I'll try to make it too- but I might chicken out...guess we'll see...

mrsmonkie
Regular
Regular

Postby mrsmonkie » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 6:54 pm

Moverseas wrote:OH, I'm new and I'll try to make it too- but I might chicken out...guess we'll see...

Come :) We can be shy newbies together!

supergirl8

Postby supergirl8 » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 8:32 pm

Been in Singas since April, wld love to join but can't get a babysitter this friday. hopefully the next outing.

meretebolsen

Todays coffee

Postby meretebolsen » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 8:58 am

Hi Girls,

Don't be shy....this is such a great way to meet people. The first time we did this we were all new and all worried we'd be the only one to turn up, but fortunately 5 of us turned up and friendships have been expanding ever since (that was only 2 months ago!).

Hope to see you all later

M

Moverseas

Postby Moverseas » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 4:15 pm

Hello again!

I just wanted to say that I had a great time this morning/afternoon, so thanks for having me and setting all of this up! I only remember about three names (and have NO idea who's s/n goes with whom), though, but I'll try and poke around facebook for some of ya'll.

Anyway, hope to see you again next week.

-M

ps: there's a lot of talk about tennis on this board...is anyone playing? I haven't picked up a racket since high school, but I love playing if anyone's interested.

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 4:26 pm

I had a real good time as well & don't remember more than a few names. but I'm so glad i managed to make it (after half an hour of getting lost as usual :roll: ). looking forward to next time. :)

Moverseas wrote:ps: there's a lot of talk about tennis on this board...is anyone playing? I haven't picked up a racket since high school, but I love playing if anyone's interested.

Hi M,

i would really like to play tennis. it's just that it's a problem finding someone closer to my place. if you live in the east i'd like to play with you & we could see if the others want to join in as well. i can also manage to get us a court. lemme kno.....

Astrella (hope you remember meeting me :oops: )

Moverseas

Postby Moverseas » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 4:34 pm

haha- i really have no idea "where" i live right now...but we're about a 20 minute walk east on orchard road from the starbucks this morning. BUT, I'm pretty willing to get out and about regardless- so let's schedule something! oh, but I didn't bring my racket...like I said, been a little while...so I'll have to borrow/rent/buy a new one.

mrsmonkie
Regular
Regular

Postby mrsmonkie » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 4:39 pm

Hi Ladies,

I had a great time as well, thanks for organising it. As for names I think I can remember at least 4 but then fitting them to our online names is the hard part.

M - I didn't end up going to piano :oops: I blame it on the catch-up taking all of my energy! :wink:

Astrella - I only got to say hello to you at the end but I remember you :) Hopefully next time we'll get to chat.

If anyone wants to meet up or find me on facebook just PM me.

G. (The Aussie girl)

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 4:46 pm

mrsmonkie wrote:Astrella - I only got to say hello to you at the end but I remember you :) Hopefully next time we'll get to chat.
G. (The Aussie girl)

Because of my job, i am usually free when most people are working & vice versa. :(

So if you're ever bored & want to hang out lemme know. i can pm you the dates that i will be around.

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 4:51 pm

Moverseas wrote:haha- i really have no idea "where" i live right now...but we're about a 20 minute walk east on orchard road from the starbucks this morning. BUT, I'm pretty willing to get out and about regardless- so let's schedule something! oh, but I didn't bring my racket...like I said, been a little while...so I'll have to borrow/rent/buy a new one.

M,

If you're keen on buying a racquet i could help you with that as well. I'll also pm you the dates I'll be in town. & if you can make it on those days I'll book us a court. K-I-T :)

mrsmonkie
Regular
Regular

Postby mrsmonkie » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 4:55 pm

astr wrote:
mrsmonkie wrote:Astrella - I only got to say hello to you at the end but I remember you :) Hopefully next time we'll get to chat.
G. (The Aussie girl)

Because of my job, i am usually free when most people are working & vice versa. :(

So if you're ever bored & want to hang out lemme know. i can pm you the dates that i will be around.

Well I don't work so I guess that works out perfectly. Just PM me the dates and we should catch up.

Good luck with the tennis ladies. :)

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 9:55 pm

mrsmonkie wrote: Well I don't work so I guess that works out perfectly. Just PM me the dates and we should catch up.

Good luck with the tennis ladies. :)

I pm'd you. see you soon :)

supergirl8

Postby supergirl8 » Sat, 02 Aug 2008 12:48 am

i don't work too, pm me if anyone wants to catch up for coffee, a bit of art or anything fun. cant pm as i dont have enough postings.

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Sat, 02 Aug 2008 10:00 am

When's this happening again? :) I was stuck in a 2 1/2 hour talk at uni and missed out :(

Is anyone free Monday morning/lunch time? Trying to fill my birthday with fun things ;)

meretebolsen

last friday

Postby meretebolsen » Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:25 pm

hi,

great to see so many of you there and that new tennis teams are being formed. Four of us play regularly but I will be away for a couple of weeks so not sure if the girls need a replcement whilst I'm away. Next coffee will be at Vivo City - Pacific Coffee - Second floor at 11.00am. I think Jen will do a proper post soon.

M