Singapore Expats

Where is my face ?!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ozchick
Editor
Editor

Where is my face ?!

Post by ozchick » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:32 pm

The old thread by Strong Eagle prompted me to post this.

Sad times these are when the chick can't see well enough to apply her eye make-up ! Here am I with my expensive Oraton reading glasses that enable me to see my eyes closely....sigh...but the bloody glasses are in the way then !
And don't give me any advice about contacts-lenses. My eyes would NOT be happy about a foreign object being inserted. (Said the young woman on her wedding night- oops different story)
Oh crap I hate this growing old gracefully idea...
What's that Desiderata line ?
" Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. " What a load of BEEP AND MORE BEEP ! :cry:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

britchick

Post by britchick » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:43 pm

Am impressed at implication that you are applying make-up close to midnight. You must be younger or a bit more dis graceful than you thought. Either way don't despair, getting old not much fun but alternative worse.
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour.

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:28 am

This is when the big magnifying mirror comes in handy! You know the one you can flip over, one side regular mirror the other magnified.
The one the guys call shaving mirrrors, it is just because they don't want to admit they can't see what to shave anymore! :wink:
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 7:26 am

micknlea wrote:This is when the big magnifying mirror comes in handy! You know the one you can flip over, one side regular mirror the other magnified.
The one the guys call shaving mirrrors, it is just because they don't want to admit they can't see what to shave anymore! :wink:
Hey yeah ! Now THAT'S worth a try ! Have seen these around and this should fix the problem. Now how come I didn't think of this myself ?! Oh yeah- that's right- old age strikes again ! :wink:

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Forks » Thu, 01 May 2008 9:19 am

Radical suggestion - stop using eye makeup. :o

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 01 May 2008 10:15 am

Get a pair of glasses that has hinges on the top of each lens that flip up, it can expose one eye at at time while having a lens in front of the other, My granny was a right slapper and used to have one. :D

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 01 May 2008 4:13 pm

Just get your eye make up tattooed on, a permanent solution and will save you time and money in the long run :D

Also, you wont keep us blokes hanging around waiting while you spend hours slapping on the ole war paint before going out :evil: :lol:

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Thu, 01 May 2008 4:18 pm

Forks wrote:Radical suggestion - stop using eye makeup. :o
Yeah like THAT'S gonna happen ! I'd rather did a hole and bury myself !

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Thu, 01 May 2008 8:40 pm

And here I thought this thread was going to be about having too much to drink! :shock:

OC, you're still too young if you're worried about your make up at 2332. Others gave you some great solutions: Stop wearing makeup, tattoo it on.

Good luck!

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Thu, 01 May 2008 9:41 pm

So are we tattooing the whole lot then? Ouch! I have vivid images of a chook with tattooed eyelids in vivid electric blue and big black lashes. Perhaps you could tattoo on the blush as well. :P

Saint, just put up with waiting for the war paint, it gives you "chill" time, enough for a pint or so before you go out, you know Mrs S only wants to look her best for you! :cool:
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 01 May 2008 11:50 pm

Poor ozchick gotta few wrinkles too many by the sound of it. :P

Runs for cover.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Where is my face ?!

Post by ksl » Fri, 02 May 2008 1:05 am

ozchick wrote:The old thread by Strong Eagle prompted me to post this.

Sad times these are when the chick can't see well enough to apply her eye make-up ! Here am I with my expensive Oraton reading glasses that enable me to see my eyes closely....sigh...but the bloody glasses are in the way then !
And don't give me any advice about contacts-lenses. My eyes would NOT be happy about a foreign object being inserted. (Said the young woman on her wedding night- oops different story)
Oh crap I hate this growing old gracefully idea...
What's that Desiderata line ?
" Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. " What a load of BEEP AND MORE BEEP ! :cry:
And you haven't even reached the change of life yet! :roll: Oh deary deary me, life gets worse, well at least until you realise, nothing can be done about it....I've got these damn love handles, I can't get rid of, only 1 inch each side, but thats a whole 2 inches to syphon out :lol: All because I slipped a bloody disc, years ago, and my back can't do the same training. Really bugs me, that much, I may go under the knife!

Ozchick I think i saw you the other day, or was i dreaming? Mmm nice dream, didn't see any wrinkles at all! :D

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Forks » Sat, 03 May 2008 12:27 pm

ozchick wrote:
Forks wrote:Radical suggestion - stop using eye makeup. :o
Yeah like THAT'S gonna happen ! I'd rather did a hole and bury myself !
Ok, so the obvious solution didnt work, the tattoo thing might work well then. :shock:

KSL also has a point, if you post a pic then we can tell you if you really need makeup anyway, everyone knows how good men are at evaluating makeup.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Sun, 04 May 2008 11:17 am

Forks wrote:if you post a pic then we can tell you if you really need makeup anyway, everyone knows how good men are at evaluating makeup.
Yeah YEAH funny boy ! The rooster already says I look fine without makeup but that just like telling me I'm stupid ! We all know that's nit true ! :)

Ans Rusky might well run for cover ! Mm...but he has a point...ooh the wrinkles and the gravity and ooh.... :cry:
Nah...goin for the mirrir idea and maybe - God help me - the flip lens glasses ! :-|

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Sun, 04 May 2008 12:36 pm

Who's that girl on here with the awful spelling ?
Aghhh it's probably not the spelling but the fact that she can't see the keys when she types ? :oops: