Singapore Expats

Lexar Media- anybody knows this?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Tootsie

Lexar Media- anybody knows this?

Post by Tootsie » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 1:38 pm

My colleague has a Lexar Media Jump Drive 128 MB but she says she cant remember where she bought it or how much it was.

I looked in Harvey Norman.. they dont have that exactly but other brands all above $100 and i called Challenger and they said they used to have it but dont anymore and that it was also above $100

I am not a computer person so forgive me my questions sound silly.. is it possible to have a similar item but costing less.. it doesnt have to have such a high memory..

The problem is i work in a small office, my boss, colleague and myself. There are only two lap tops, and use either of theirs.

Its a pain to store my documents in either of those lap tops cos i have to keep moving my files from one to another. When i discovered this jump drive, i thought, perfect, i'll get one of those and just store all my docs in this cute little thing but cant find this thing and its also rather expensive.

Can the Lexar Media thing be used in/on a desktop PC?

Thanks

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:30 pm

Forget Lexar (just one brand among many), what you are looking for is called a "USB key". You can pick one up in any computer shop in Singapore, probably even Harvey Norman (eek) although I'd head for Funan IT if I were you. It makes no difference what brand you buy, they're all the same, just pick out your favorite color. The more megabytes, the more they cost... how big are the documents you need to transfer?

Tootsie

Thanks JP, where are you now by the way?

Post by Tootsie » Thu, 16 Sep 2004 3:01 pm

many thanks JP. You mentioned you were heading for BKK, are you already there or are you still in Spore? How does one contact you? This PM this doesnt seem to work.

Teets

Dear Toots

Post by Teets » Thu, 16 Sep 2004 7:26 pm

Toots
the pm doesnt work for you because u r not registed as a member of this forum and having done so you need to log in a minimum number of postings. Ask the admin on this one
Teets

Tootsie

Post by Tootsie » Thu, 16 Sep 2004 7:45 pm

LOL.. i'm rolling on the floor Teets or is it Tits? Sigh... ok lah, what to do.. tis fate!