Singapore Expats

US Citizen seeking job in Real Estate Development

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ayy2

US Citizen seeking job in Real Estate Development

Post by ayy2 » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 2:46 pm

I have a great friend who is looking to relocate to Singapore for work. He has a background in real estate (residential and hotel) development with 8 years experience as well as an advanced degree in real estate development from an Ivy League school. Ideally, he wants to find a job with an American or European company before landing in Singapore (preferably with an expat package but he is flexible). Is that realistic? If so, how can he go about that? Or, should he come to Singapore to look? How should he go about this job search?

Thank you!

H Chinaski

Post by H Chinaski » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 9:27 am

I think landing a full expatriat package with 8 years experience could be a bit difficult, although as an American your friend maybe able to command a very decent salary.

I'm in construction, but I'm not aware of American/European companies in Real Estate here (Save for Marina Bay Sands).

I heard that Macquarie Bank (a major Aussie development Bank) is expanding their real estate development port folio in Singapore. That's one possibility.

I think your friend's best bet is to sign up to a Recruitment Agency active here (E.g. Hays). Let them do the leg work. It's in their interest to get the best deal.

ayy2

Post by ayy2 » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 9:32 am

Thank you so much for the advice, I have passed along the info