Singapore Expats Forum

Discussuion about how to be more romantic

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

dragie

Discussuion about how to be more romantic

Postby dragie » Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:57 am

Hi to all!

This is going to be a very interesting topic because this involves everyone. We know that most of us guys have always been branded as "unromantic" especially those that are working in the Engineering line. I want to open this up for all unromantic guys like me at least to find out about what on earth is this all about.

Here is some of the errors that I've made during this present time while I'm still dating a wonderful girl.

1) I always buy the wrong gifts and seem to get irritate her more than please her. So cost of the gift is not the problem.
2) I've always run out of suggestings of where to go on a date.
3) I always fail to console her while she needs me to be there for her to release her unhappiness.
4) I fail to understand what she means by its the thought that counts. Because its not an act of hugging and kissing.

Okay okay I get scolding sometimes. But one of my concerns is that I'm listening but always do not always really understand the fine prints in the conversation.

Of course, like some of the lady's in the forum always say my FH, BF and whatever is not Romantic. So the question here is how can a guy be romantic, what are the ladies looking for in it? Little Surprises? And what can the guys :?: do about it?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:20 pm

Since Ma'am Viceroy wanted us to revive old threads, here's one. Seems like no one responded to this poor guy's queries. Heartless, weren't they, until we the kind people joined the forum. :)
We never run out of ideas, suggestions, strategies and so on.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:37 pm

I could give my 2 cents here, but.... :mrgreen:

Eric

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:44 pm

have u even asked her what she wants and expects out of this relationship? :lol:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 1:41 pm

Whats romantic? Can buy from Tanglin ah???

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 2:43 pm

How is this for romantic...

I was at dinner with friends on friday night and the there was a couple at the next table. The guy presented the girl with a small gift bag that had a small teddy sticking out of it. The girl smiled. The teddy had a necklace around it's neck. The girl took it off and while she was holding it up to look at it her hand phone rang she answered it and proceded to take ut the teddy and look in the gift bag. While still on the phone she said "what that's all, lah?" His face face said it all....No thank you, nothing.

I was shell shocked! Ok, I donlt know them or the relationship, what happened before or after. I just saw the exchange but I felt for the guy.

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 2:47 pm

Ouch.. So much so for being of the more sensitive sex.... :wink:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 2:56 pm

When will people learn that just because your phone rings you have to answer it? It's awful to see one member of a dinner date staring off into space while the other chats away on the phone. I wish more establismnets practoced signal jamming.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 4:22 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:When will people learn that just because your phone rings you have to answer it?

I can't resist answering a phone, hence resisted buying a mobile. Now I'm stuck with it, along with Singtel driving me nuts with outrageous bills!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 4:30 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:When will people learn that just because your phone rings you have to answer it? It's awful to see one member of a dinner date staring off into space while the other chats away on the phone. I wish more establismnets practoced signal jamming.

Mary has adopted my typing method!!! :)

It is pretty pathetic seeing both diners chat chat chat . . . on their mobiles. I can understand when you have kids at home being babysat, but how often is that the case?

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 5:10 pm

Imtattion is the hihgest from of flaterey

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:08 am

Word on the street is that Jenna Jameson teaches that.
some signatures are more equal than others

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:39 am

Was going to answer this thread then just got an idea for another...off to post it now....subject...'Universal Truths'....it does have bearing on this thread...well, in my mind it does...haha.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 9:19 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:Imtattion is the hihgest from of flaterey

Oh, you are just sooooooooooooo funny! :(

'nuff said Image