Singapore Expats Forum

Who here is stressed out? List out ur problems & let it out

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mobilelaptopnet

Who here is stressed out? List out ur problems & let it

Postby mobilelaptopnet » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:58 am

Who here is stressed out? List out ur problems & let it out.

LEt me start it out. Well at work, got so many people to report to. Each time i report, each time theres changes needed to be made to the design.

We shud report from the top down, not frm bottom up. That way at least we get the view of the big boss 1st.

How can we influence management to seek a top down approach? haiz

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 7:56 pm

The monthly monster.

There. Happy I shared?
- Thank God for Darwin -

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 9:39 pm

cutiebutie wrote:The monthly monster.

There. Happy I shared?

He he...and THEY think THEY'VE got problems ...ah...men- ya gotta love 'em ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 9:44 pm

Kit Kat or Maltesers, I just can't decide which to have :?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 9:53 pm

My problem is trying to figure out why a local is trying to pass themselves off as an Australian when the don't sound/write like an Australian at all but more like a local Chinese. My other problem is waiting for wiley people with url's for nicks to slip up so I can lock their accounts.

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:02 pm

ozchick wrote:

There. Happy I shared?

He he...and THEY think THEY'VE got problems ...ah...men- ya gotta love 'em ! :wink:

Really?
- Thank God for Darwin -

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 8:39 am

cutiebutie wrote:
ozchick wrote:

There. Happy I shared?

Really?

Well well CB ! In interpreting mode here.....still................mm.....and you're right of course. I've found it impossible over the last 20 yrs and all but gave up on them until recently...and now- well I want him in my life but not in my bed ! I used to SO love having my bed all to myself !
Not sure that I'm willing to give up that necessary luxury without a fight ! Still sorting through this issue...Ah......men- they even think they own your bed ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

huatsg

Postby huatsg » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 9:20 pm

me..! so stressed out..
my prob is coz i dun like my job... dun like what i'm doing...

hai... been hoping to switch line... but no gd news...

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loops » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:53 pm

Saint wrote:Kit Kat or Maltesers, I just can't decide which to have :?

I am sooooooo stressed out about that right now. kit kat you get two sticks (4 if you've gone all out and spent the family budget for the day) but maltesers are just something else - but then you eat one and it's like karaoke - you just can't stop at one....................oh no!

So I'm going to buy a bounty bar and just eat both bits and get on with it.

ah, there - no more stress 8-)

taxico
Director
Director

stress!

Postby taxico » Sun, 11 May 2008 8:23 am

hallo hallo!

i'm new here. so... HALLO HALLO!

boy. thought i'd type a quick piece before i go to the kitchen to whip up some home-made orange julius (it's the coconut, guys...)!

i'm stressed out because i'm back at school doing a discipline i've always wanted to pursue but at the back of my head are the other obligations i have to contend with, yet right in front of me is a subject that is more philosophical
than i thought (i have a more science/fact-based background).

i'm having trouble juggling school work, a spouse that's not living in the same country as i am based in now, thinking about her worries on her biological clock, worrying whether we should have kids or not, worrying about my parents - whether my mom's happy or not, whether my dad's keeping his heart problem in check or not (no, they also are in a different country).

i worry whether or not i should go back to doing what i have studied (and graduated) for simply because the money's good, the work is stable and i should just get on with life nevermind i HATE WHAT I DO!

or if i should go through with this degree, and then pursue something of interest to me as work.

but this will mean no kids, possible, parents who worry all the time and a stressed wife (who has kindly and very understandingly let her husband off to a different country to study so soon after getting married).

and then the cycle begins. another reason i'm here is to deal with some personal childhood issues with a psychotherapist - away from everyone i know. but i've not begun to even contact any therapist and i know i have to face my demons eventually.

time's ticking away. i'm feeling sooooooo ooooooooooold... ahhhh!!!!

alright. rant over. i wish for jamba juice and tickets to any (!!!) MLB game.

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby maneo » Sun, 11 May 2008 10:32 am

^ Got some problems there.
What matters is, what are you doing about them?
8-)

So, what started all this?
mobilelaptopnet wrote:Who here is stressed out? List out ur problems & let it out.

LEt me start it out. Well at work, got so many people to report to. Each time i report, each time theres changes needed to be made to the design.

We shud report from the top down, not frm bottom up. That way at least we get the view of the big boss 1st.

How can we influence management to seek a top down approach? haiz

huatsg wrote:me..! so stressed out..
my prob is coz i dun like my job... dun like what i'm doing...

hai... been hoping to switch line... but no gd news...

Stressed out?

That's life.

Looking for sympathy?

Why don't you ask some poor farmer in Bangladesh trying to eke out an meager existence if he'd like to trade places with you?
Too far to travel?
There's probably one right down the street masquerading as a construction worker.

Get on with your life.

mobilelaptopnet

Postby mobilelaptopnet » Wed, 14 May 2008 12:08 pm

Nice replies. THis is a place to reflect your stress, & maybe look into a way to de-stress & cope with life

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby maneo » Fri, 16 May 2008 5:40 am

Came across the following item in someone's blog last year:

When the world caves in . . .

When I feel down or meet with what seems to be an insurmountable challenge, I do a few things:

* Look around – Namely at the less fortunate, those who have less, and more life challenges than I do for instance the physically disabled
* Look up – At the infinite sky, admire it and gain perspective on how small my problem is in comparison
* Look back – At what obstacles I have overcome, draw strength from inside and move on
* Look forward – I might psyche myself up by saying “After today, things will be better. One day I will look back and laugh at this.

In doing these, I will invariably feel thankful and grateful for all I have and my challenge just that little bit less daunting.

-- 陈玉

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 16 May 2008 7:14 am

Bought Pre-Order Age of Conan but now cannot get early access as promised - Apart from that life is doing OK lah.
Be Like Water

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Sat, 17 May 2008 12:32 pm

Work, major stress, but have luckily developed the ability to leave it at work for most of the time, occasionally it manages to follow me home despite switching buses and taking a taxi. :)