Singapore Expats

Seeking Singapore Primary school internship.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
rackel

Seeking Singapore Primary school internship.

Post by rackel » Tue, 22 Apr 2008 6:20 am

Hello!
I am an Australian University student in my final year of primary education. I am seeking a placement for a six week internship (unpaid) in Singapore to complete the requirements of my degree. Is there any teachers out there who can give me any advice or information on who I can contact that may take student teachers?

Thank you for your time,

Rachael :)

nowaydude

Post by nowaydude » Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:49 am

I would check out MOE's website - http://www.moe.gov.sg/

You should check if this experience qualifies you for the job you want - Australia? Here?

Most of such experiences I imagine are usually done through NIE here with their own teacher training program. I am unsure how a foreigner outside of this program would do this - - e.g., be assigned a school, get a teacher mentor in school, have a University supervisor and structure for your experience. ?

nowaydude

Post by nowaydude » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:14 am

Oh, I would also talk to professors in your school in Australia to see if they have contacts and info. I think that if you do NOT want to work in Singapore, I wonder how you can argue to convince them to use resources to train someone who will leave? This would be a question that comes up, so a good answer should be prepared. :)

Best of luck