Singapore Expats

Job offer > 50-60k S$ per annum

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Lau

Job offer > 50-60k S$ per annum

Post by Lau » Tue, 14 Sep 2004 9:05 pm

Hello,

I'm being offered a job in Singapore with an initial wage proposal as mentioned.The job: field service engineer in maritime navigational electronic,coordination of work and other engineers,administration involving service reports and invoicing to customers as well as being a direct assistant to the manager and/or replacement during his absence.

Personally,the offer seems too low for the responsibilities.Anyone with any thoughts on the subject or perhaps a link to actual information for me to compare?I've quite a comfortable life here but am looking to expand my horizon and climb up the career ladder in Asia with my Chinese wife.

FYI,no extras such as (medical) insurances or housing allowances have been negotiated upon and I'm looking at moving from The Netherlands with my wife (possibly she will be able to get the same job as accountant?).

Thanks!

Lau

dragonboat

Post by dragonboat » Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:41 am

Your annual package is in line with other field service job in Singapore. Most company will provide basic(medical and accident) insurance coverage for you. Try to negotiate more on housing allowance as renting an apartment is quite costly here.

Lau

Post by Lau » Tue, 21 Sep 2004 3:23 am

Thanks for the reply!However,since my job will be more than field service,namely leading a group of engineers and deputy/assistant service manager I feel the pay should be higher.I will negotiate on housing for sure being quite aware of the high prices in Singapore.

Since I will be bringing my wife along and her being an accountant,what are the opportunities in this field in Singapore and what are the common rewards for such a position?

Thanks again for the info!

dragonboat

Post by dragonboat » Tue, 21 Sep 2004 2:07 pm

Being an accountant, i would say it is relatively easy to find a job in Singapore. Depending on experience, the compensation plan may differ greatly. Fresh graduates are probably looking at the $2000 range but those with a 5-7 years of experience can usually command $5000 or more.