Singapore Expats Forum

Is aybody into Jazz or Fusion?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
loss4words

Is aybody into Jazz or Fusion?

Postby loss4words » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:43 am

I am a recent ex-pat from New York and really miss going to the Blue Note. Does anyone know if there is a casual, that is easy-going and low key offering jazz and/or fusion? Any suggestions are welcome.

PoohBear
Reporter
Reporter

Postby PoohBear » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 7:17 am

Hi, I am not into Jazz music but heard that the live band at Blu Jazz Cafe is not bad.

They serve good western cuisine & local delight at reasonable price. :wink:

http://blujaz-cafe.blogspot.com/

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

Postby M_Aurelius » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 8:30 am

if you are centrally located, try Jazz SouthBridge

perplex_sheep
Regular
Regular

Postby perplex_sheep » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 9:01 am

Personally, I find Jazz @ South Bridge a bit of "hit & miss". Went there 5-6 times, and they appear to have a resident japanese lady doing more of fusion jazz or sort, instead of the more authentic jazz. But if that is the sort you like, then you might like jazz@south bridge.

I was there once, when they have this really great singer, I think she is hispanic, very powerful voice. Went back many times, but that seems to be a once in a blue moon performance by that lady.

You can try your luck there.

Why don't you try st james power station, specifically Bellini? They have a decent 10 men jazz band. Bellini is more of pop jazz, think michael buble kind of jazz.