Singapore Expats Forum

Maids in the condo pool?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:31 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:
QRM wrote:...
They swam with huge floating canoes etc. in the pool, kept gargling up huge Shanghai oysters and spiting them into the bushes. While swimming they work up huge greenies and with amazing skill, hold one nostril and shoot the globule into the pool overflow trough. The mother holds a small girl with her pants around her knees and lets her pee onto the pebble garden. ...

Amazingly elegant and detailed description, QRM. That's my laugh for the month :lol: . Well done!!!

And sorry you had to endure that.

Yes disgusting, however ...I've also seen enough expat behaviour too, when they have had too drink, and there is not much difference from wild animal behaviour.

But I also think the discussion is a little over the top, it's not about a free for all, it was about one maid, that was obviously sent to the pool with the kids.

It's not as if it opens the doors, to arranging pool parties, rules can be made...So it's more of a management call, than anything....all this crap of maids, drivers, window cleaners, tom dick and harry....is a little over the top, all i can say is, thank god, I chose not to live in a condo....20K a month for what, to be unhappy :cry:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:41 pm

road.not.taken wrote:
ksl wrote:So I would say you suffer from bigotry more than snobbishness or elitism

Since I made no mention of race, creed or religious affiliation -- then bigotry would definitely not apply.

No offence meant! I did get the picture....and there would be times, when i would also feel the same, but thank god, it's not an every day issue :wink: So one can feel privileged!

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 8:17 am

Jaywalking is a nightmare on orchard I agree, but there is a difference between skipping in and out of cars on a busy street and walking across an empty road at 7am...

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 9:21 am

ksl wrote:But I also think the discussion is a little over the top, it's not about a free for all, it was about one maid, that was obviously sent to the pool with the kids.

Maids were finally banned banned from the pool at the condo I lived at after an incident when 8 or 10 of them jumped into the pool after hours, in their clothes and made enough noise to raise the dead. Sounds like a free-for-all to me.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:01 pm

markhed wrote:Jaywalking is a nightmare on orchard I agree, but there is a difference between skipping in and out of cars on a busy street and walking across an empty road at 7am...

Only in the eyes of the Jaywalker. I believe the police believe differently. :P

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:33 am

road.not.taken wrote:
ksl wrote:But I also think the discussion is a little over the top, it's not about a free for all, it was about one maid, that was obviously sent to the pool with the kids.

Maids were finally banned banned from the pool at the condo I lived at after an incident when 8 or 10 of them jumped into the pool after hours, in their clothes and made enough noise to raise the dead. Sounds like a free-for-all to me.

It's the type of things people do, to have a laugh or break the rules once in a while! I'm sure if you were in their position, you might even do the same! :)

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 3:29 am

only for the 20k jewelry group of course.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 2:29 pm

ksl wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:

It's the type of things people do, to have a laugh or break the rules once in a while! I'm sure if you were in their position, you might even do the same! :)

Yes, and I'd expect to be thrown out since I had broken the rules. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 3:28 pm

road.not.taken wrote:
ksl wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:

Yes, and I'd expect to be thrown out since I had broken the rules. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

But would you expect a "whole class of people" to be banned for "your" offence?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 3:59 pm

Sure, if there had been enough infractions. We all had to stop BBQing because a few whack jobs couldn't follow the rules, everyone was chastised and required to disinfect the gym equipment because one vain and sweaty self-styled marathon runner spritzed all over the treadmills, you had to book the tennis court 24 hours ahead even if they were empty because too many people showed up at the last minute demanding court time.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 4:26 pm

So now all the facilities are vacant and unused and nobody is allowed to use them? Yet you are paying for those facilities in your lease agreement? Or was it a temporary thing? :wink:

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 6:10 pm

What wild assumptions. I haven't lived there in years. My point is that the rules were put in place when a few people ruined it for the rest of the tenants. Just like maids in pools. It's easier for management, and it keeps the majority of paying tenants happy.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 7:46 pm

Last I heard was that assumptions were statements. I believe all three of my sentences were questions. Therefore your reply didn't indicate but instead obfuscate.

:lol: :wink:

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loops » Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:12 am

When I first moved here, the no maids in the pool thing, I used to think "ooh that's terrible" but now I can kind of understand it. Our condo has a maximum of 2 guests sign in proceedure and I can understand that too because otherwise you'd get the world and his wife trying to blag a free swim, people bringing their friends over, their colleagues.......where would it end!

But our place has let maids swim if their employer has spoken to them and agreed it in advance and I think they're willing to do that because in reality, not many of them actually want to swim, or even can swim.

I've definitely got no problem with someones maid doing a few laps. It's nice to see them out and about having a bit of leisure time.

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Sun, 20 Apr 2008 3:38 pm

jpatokal wrote:Of course, if you really want to watch Singaporean heads explode and you have it in writing that guests can use facilities, you could give your maid the day off, invite her to visit your condo as a guest, make sure she signs the guest register, and then let her splash away to her heart's content. :wink:

hahahaha

worth a try.

But then I have seen worse, SGPers (not maids or foreigners) siting by the pool cutting toe nails and flicking them into the pool or eating in the pool itself.