Singapore Expats Forum

Spanish Speakers

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bee_happy

Spanish Speakers

Postby bee_happy » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 4:10 pm

Hi. I'm "trying" to learn Spanish...

Any native Spanish speaker there?

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 6:42 pm

There are a lot of post in the forum like this. What are you looking for?? A spanish speaker? or a spanish teacher?

I will repeat the same that in the other posts.... Im spanish, but Im not a teacher, so I can help to correct mistakes from people that can speak language, and they want to improve, but I cant teach from zero, as Im not a expert in language tuition

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 9:44 am

I'm starting a Spanish course (tonight in fact) at Las Lilas:

http://www.laslilasschool.com/english/all.htm

I can't comment on their teaching ability as I haven't started yet but, as I have done several courses before (in the UK), they made me sit a test to determine what level I should start at. They seem quite professional so would suggest you give them a try.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

In your case...

Postby Asdracles » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:15 pm

I guess that any problem could be sorted with some private tuition :D

Enjoy, lets talk spanish next time then

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 5:59 pm

The class last night was good, although a little daunting. I would recommend it to anyone for learning Spanish. Although that comes with a caveat, your quality of training is always dependent on the teacher.

They tend to use spoken Spanish a lot which, in my opinion, is good. More so than other courses I have done. I find it easiest to read Spanish, then write and then speak. So spending a lot of time speaking for me is quite difficult, although a good skill to master.

Asdracles, I'm assuming you are still working Saturdays which is why we haven't seen you at Sentosa for such a long time. We'll have to arrange another Sunday brunch so we can practice Español.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

No other private tutor??

Postby Asdracles » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 6:24 pm

Lol, I thought you could find easier someone to speak with!!

Now Im busy saturdays and a bit on sundays. Just a stupid lesson 4-5.30. Is only one, but is a working day anyway! Anyway, a brunch should be ok

I would meet you a saturday after beach volley if you still join time to time for dinner (I still remember the brazilian one next to your place mmmmm), as I finish 6.30

Anyway, sunday should be off day soon, but my work is SO unpredictable....

ckmizuno

Spanish class

Postby ckmizuno » Sun, 04 May 2008 1:29 pm

Hi, I am keen to learn spanish as well since quite some ago (when I was working in US for a short spell). Currently on a couple of projects that involves counterparts from Puerto Rico and Columbia.

Would appreciate some advice from you guys. I have shortlisted either Spanish lessons from:
- NUS extension (cost about 650, 40 hrs)
- Las Lilas (???)

Any reviews and recommendations?

Thanks